Why did the police close ChiangMai Saloon?

flyDelight

Indeed.

And of course someone would spend money at that location. That's a 60 million Baht property if the owner would ever let go of it, LOL. wink.png

Given their clientele, a slight format tweak could be a good thing. Their best days are probably ahead if they get it right.

Owners of a business in the area that I personally know has just informed me that the two venues being talked about, licenses were pulled 5 year ban.whistling.gif

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ron ( left ) was open tonight and talking to the new owner of my place bar but there were almost no customers anywhere in loy kroh or the bar boxing centre sad.png

dave2

The LK photos (which dont quote) looking at Kitty Kat and D-Fly are just a shocker.. Not a customer in sight.

No where can stay open long like that. Staff salaries may be low, but not low enough to live on a handful of drinks sold a night.

One old friend just came up into town for 'high season' she hasnt been here since the spring and was like 'What the hell have they dont to this town' I dont think shes going to be sticking around as long as she planned.

Indeed.

And of course someone would spend money at that location. That's a 60 million Baht property if the owner would ever let go of it, LOL. wink.png

Given their clientele, a slight format tweak could be a good thing. Their best days are probably ahead if they get it right.

Owners of a business in the area that I personally know has just informed me that the two venues being talked about, licenses were pulled 5 year ban.whistling.gif

Ah.. then a more extensive format tweak seems to be in order. ;) It tends to apply to the location/building and not the operator (which is hardly fair). Anyway it likely means we have another restaurant or massage shop to look forward to.

ron ( left ) was open tonight and talking to the new owner of my place bar but there were almost no customers anywhere in loy kroh or the bar boxing centre sad.png

dave2

The LK photos (which dont quote) looking at Kitty Kat and D-Fly are just a shocker.. Not a customer in sight.

I haven't been out in a while but judging from the boxing ring pics it looks like the author deliberately shot pics to fit a story. In the boxing ring it's the corner that's the least visited area. Would like to see a pic around 10-11pm in the main alley leading up to the boxing ring.

And as for the moat end of LK, it varies. Sometimes pretty quickly.

dave2

I haven't been out in a while but judging from the boxing ring pics it looks like the author deliberately shot pics to fit a story. In the boxing ring it's the least visited area. Would like to see a pic around 11pm in the main alley leading up to the boxing ring.

And as for the moat end of LK, it varies. Sometimes pretty quickly.

nope to be fair customers have dropped by at least 75% just ask in the bars the 'one hour rush' at 11pm does not show the true picture

So is the next CM chapter of the ThaiVisa meeting, where Admin pays for all the drinks until midnight and no moderators are allowed, will be held at the Thai boxing ring area?

Not only a spacious venue but a charitable injection for the local businesses (no pun intended). Not only that, but certain members could sort out their differences in the conveniently placed arena of combat.

So is the next CM chapter of the ThaiVisa meeting, where Admin pays for all the drinks until midnight and no moderators are allowed, will be held at the Thai boxing ring area?

Not only a spacious venue but a charitable injection for the local businesses (no pun intended). Not only that, but certain members could sort out their differences in the conveniently placed arena of combat.

...you rang ???????

I'm at the Saloon right now, open again but no alcohol sales and no bottles visible. They lost the alcohol license for 5 years for staying open until 1am...

Weird

ron has been treading a fine line for years,and been cocking a snoot at the police at every chance,i thought it was a personal vendetta ron had. looks like karma got him in the end.

Post & reply removed. From pinned topic in News - "Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed."

I'm sad they got 'done' like this - honestly things are getting worse

sorry you guys and staff sad.png

Things may be getting worse but this was a guy who was rude to many people and thought he was above the law. There are many more places getting screwed at the moment whom I have a lot more pity for.

A bar with no alcohol?

Adios....

Hookah bars are the thing nowadays. No alcohol but healthy shakes and guarana tea for hipsters. But I'm affraid this is outside Ron his comfort zone. biggrin.png

https://arbiteronline.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2012/01/hookah_mct_web.jpg

There was a crackdown on these two or three years ago. I haven't seen any in Chiang Mai since.

A bar with no alcohol?

Adios....

Hookah bars are the thing nowadays. No alcohol but healthy shakes and guarana tea for hipsters. But I'm affraid this is outside Ron his comfort zone. biggrin.png

https://arbiteronline.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2012/01/hookah_mct_web.jpg

There was a crackdown on these two or three years ago. I haven't seen any in Chiang Mai since.

Weird. For what reason, retarded officials mistaked the waterpipes with drugs?

A bar with no alcohol?

Adios....

They are now illegal.

Archived