Microwave/oven combination - possible? good Idea?

I have a Samsung combo microwave/convection oven. Works fine. I use it for all my cooking and regularly bake wholemeal bread and make cakes and biscuits and pizzas in it, all from scratch.

It's got a Sunday joint in it now as I type and once that is done a Yorkshire pudding wont be far behind.

The only possible drawback I can see is that it isnt very large and it would be hard to cook for more than two people with it. As I am just one person I really dont care!

• 2 months later...

In the UK I have a Whirlpool Microwave with convection oven. It's one of the higher-spec JetChef ovens with a pull down (front loading) door as oppose to side opening (swing open) door. Panasonic also do these front loaders and they have built-in inverters for better microwaving.

One of the things to look for when buying is to see how high a temperature the convection oven can actually reach. Look for at least 200 deg C with the better ones being able to go upto 220 deg C.

These appliances are able to function as pure convection ovens without any aid from the grill or microwave.

I can cook cakes, biscuits, roasts, etc., in my JetChef oven and the results truly are "oven cooked" and I'm very happy with this appliance.

Within Thailand I'd look at the Panasonic ones with built-in inverters and stainless steel clad interiors.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

combined oven not good but they can save your space. if you dont have space problem then buy separately. i have used 3 combined oven but they died after few years. now i m using sharp micro oven and Miyako Grill separately. They are running for last 5 years. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ananna84 said:

combined oven not good but they can save your space. if you dont have space problem then buy separately. i have used 3 combined oven but they died after few years. now i m using sharp micro oven and Miyako Grill separately. They are running for last 5 years. 

Cost range?