Super Rich Money Exchange near ARL Express Line.

Bucko

At least very close to the best rates in Bangkok. Far better than the airport rates.

Unfortunately I recently deleted a document with rates that I had noted.

There is another exchange boot at the ARL.

Differences are in the 5 Satang range (for USD or EUR).

• 3 weeks later...

same as in town

the rates "in town" are completely different, depending on their location.

Only the two main offices, one of them at Ratchadamri near the Khlong Saensaeb Boat stop, give really great rates. The other smaller branches usually give same rates as downtown banks

Rate differences 4 weeks ago:

Example Euro:

37.80 (Super Rich) vs. 35.36 (Airport)

Almost 7% more for the money.

Thats about what I saw on different occasions.

Bangkok Bank (out of airport) at the same date: 37.40.

On December 2nd I received 38.8b for a Euro at Superrich ChiangMai.

Superrich probably offer the best rates at the airport, but you should get a slightly better rate at the main branch in the city centre. You should also get a slightly better rate for higher denomination notes.

http://www.superrich1965.com/location.php

Both true, Mostly in the 10 Satang range for EUR and 15 Satang range for USD denominations.

Very small USD notes (1, 2, 5) even worse.

The other smaller branches give same rates as downtown banks

Definitely wrong for the booth at the airport link.

Did you read the two previous posts? Guess not.

37.80 is different from 37.40 or isn't it?

I should have added that I was talking about their downtown branches, such as at BTS stations. I don't know their Airport outlet (yet), but as soon as I will have a chance, I am giving it a try (in case I find where it is located)

Example Euro:

that "Superrich" in Chiang Mai has nothing to do with the original Bangkok-based "Superrich" Company and is a typical example of a "Thai copycat"

http://www.superrich.co.th/location.php

Example Euro:

that "Superrich" in Chiang Mai has nothing to do with the original Bangkok-based "Superrich" Company and is a typical example of a "Thai copycat"

http://www.superrich.co.th/location.php

Source of your information??

It all gets very confusing.

• SuperRich (1965)
  • SuperRich Thailand
  • Super Rich Chiang Mai

Going by their various websites they do not seem to be connected.

You also have to read the exchange rates on the websites carefully. As mentioned earlier, there can be different rates depending on how much you are changing, and the rate can vary between branches.

The best rate is usually the head office one, with lower rates offered at kiosks.

Looking at SuperRich (1965) and their USD rate varies by up to 20 satang depending on the branch you visit... but they do not seem to list rates for their ARL branch on their website...

Not a big deal if you are only exchanging a couple of hundred dollars but might be worthwhile selecting the right branch if you need to change thousands of dollars.

• 1 month later...

Airside, Siam Commercial Bank may be your only option.

I had some Australian dollars to change while in Bangkok the other day.

SuperRich (1965) have a small outlet located in the underground mall attached to Sukhumvit MRT station.

Walking past and seeing there was no line I changed my money there at 25.20

In the next 15 minutes walking along Sukhumvit I passed two other money changers and one on the ground floor of Terminal 21, all offering around 24.70

That's a surprising 2% difference so worthwhile if you have a large amount to change.

One caution with SR 1965 is that they can be super picky about the condition of notes.

One of my $50 bills had a slight blemish I believe few people would even notice but there was no way the clerk was going to accept it.

Decent changers at airside?

None!

From memory I can only write about domestic airside (but very sure that at international there will be no difference).

There are a few bank booths on the way from the gate to the baggage claim/exit.

BUT with the "standard" rates that ALL booths on AOT (Suvarnabhumi) premises offer.

No difference between the booths at all whatever nice color or company logo they have, no competition.

You loose at least about 4 percent of your money compared to the city or the ARL booths.

Of course the ARL booths can not be reached without leaving airside/security area.

Thanks or the advice gents. I always try to get pristine notes for exchange, even if it means getting the tatty ones swapped at my UK bank. As discussed further up this thread, you get the best rate at the big Superrich near Pratunam. Looks like the wife and MIL will have to clear immigration and do the long walk to the Superrich near the express train terminal before they catch their TG flight out to the sticks. Three hours should be plenty, shouldn't it?

Three hours should be plenty, shouldn't it?

Much would have to go wrong if three hours is not enough. And the walk down to ARL is just a few minutes.

Just be aware that the ARL booths are not open 24h.

Something like 8h to 20h (not quite sure).

We got the express train from Makkasan a couple of years ago, and I remember it brought us right into the heart of the airport. It'll be my missus and elderly MIL this trip, didn't want to over-tax them :D. But it seems straightforward enough. They'll be arriving mid-morning, so should be ok for opening times. Thanks again.

Ratchada Exchange , next to Huay Kwang MRT gives a better rate than Super rich

Isn't there 5 or 6 SuperRich's in the cluster near Pratunam? They all have slightly different logos.

The hole in the Wall Superrich's give a lesser rate than the main cluster at Pratunam

The Superrich we use is in a side soi on the other side of the road near the main entrance to Central World. It has a large waiting area inside, with seats.

Looking at the current online rates, Superrich is offering ever-so-slightly better rates than Ratchada.

Had some time to kill so took a good look at the airport exchange options.

The banks (SCB, KTB,Kasikornthai) offered exactly the same rate for USD, Euro and AU air side, departures and at the Airport rail Link.

This included three ARL booths, four booths at departures and the SCB airside locations.

At the Airport rail Link there are now at least six private money changers including SuperRich (1965), Superrich Thailand, Happy Rich and Red Velvet.

The line at SuperRich (1965)was longer than all the rest put together.

All money changers were competitive with each other, being either identical (AUD) or within 2-5 satang for USD and Euro, so unless I had a huge amount to exchange I would simply go to the booth with the shortest line.

Comparing rates in a 20 minute window and this is what was on offer.

USD Banks 33.54 v 35.55 money changer

Euro " " 37.00 v 39.35 money changer

AUD " " 23.22 v 25.30 money changer

A minimum two baht extra per USD, Euro, AUD, when using the money changers at the Airport Rail Link Monday while I was there.
if you need to exchange money at Suvarnabhumi, then avoid the bank booths if possible.

• 9 months later...
On 1 January 2016 at 9:26 PM, kkerry said:

It all gets very confusing.

• SuperRich (1965)
  • SuperRich Thailand
  • Super Rich Chiang Mai

Going by their various websites they do not seem to be connected.

You also have to read the exchange rates on the websites carefully. As mentioned earlier, there can be different rates depending on how much you are changing, and the rate can vary between branches.

The best rate is usually the head office one, with lower rates offered at kiosks.

Looking at SuperRich (1965) and their USD rate varies by up to 20 satang depending on the branch you visit... but they do not seem to list rates for their ARL branch on their website...

Not a big deal if you are only exchanging a couple of hundred dollars but might be worthwhile selecting the right branch if you need to change thousands of dollars.

You mention the he HO one but which one of the first two is this please, SRT or SR1965?

SuperRich (1965) HQ is the one I have used before. The first two are opposite each other (near Central World) however rates should be so close it won't matter which one you choose.

Before you go, check the rates online carefully to see if the difference between a smaller branch and HQ is worth the effort of going there.

Today for example, SPR (1965) USD rate varies by 17 satang between branches.

SuperRich Thailand rates vary by 13 satang.

The HQ rate (Central World) between the two companies differs by only one satang.

Exchange USD 1000 today and the difference of 130-170 baht you receive may not cover your time and travel costs.

Exchange USD 10,000 and the extra 1300-1700 baht in my pocket would be worth my time.

The really big saving to be made is by avoiding the bank exchange booths at the airport.

If you have an Android phone both have Google Play apps.

SuperRich (1965) - Orange logo 

http://www.superrich1965.com/     

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qgold.superrich

SuperRich Thailand - Green logo 

http://www.superrichthailand.com/default   

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toobaya.mobile.superrichthailand

Archived