Outrage as 'syringe pen' encourages Samui school kids to take drugs

Jonathan Fairfield

Outrageous syringe design pen encourages 7 year old kids to take drugs at school in Samui

pen-225x300.jpg

SURAT THANI:-- A father in Samui was astounded, shocked and horrified when his seven year old son arrived home from school today and announced he had purchased a new ball point pen at a store in his school playground.

The new needle and syringe design pen had been purchased at a stall that sets up on a daily basis within the grounds of tpenhe Bophut School that teaches 3 to 12 year olds. The stall also sells sugary drinks and snacks.

Not only does this syringe and needle pen promote drug use, but could fool children into thinking discarded needles from drug users are harmless pens, furthermore a child could quite easily decide to pick up a new free syringe ‘pen’ that in fact is a used needle that potentially contains killer diseases.

While the Samui Times have been unable to establish exactly who is manufacturing these ‘pens’ in Thailand we have found a youtube video boasting of their attributes, and a page on ebay you where you can buy literally by the lorry load!

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-12-08

Fits right in there with the candy cigarettes, swastika-adorned clothing, infection-prone colored designer contact lenses, and teeth-destroying fake braces.

You probably won't be able to find a single consumer law or enforcement official to back you up.

Fits right in there with the candy cigarettes, swastika-adorned clothing, infection-prone colored designer contact lenses, and teeth-destroying fake braces.

You probably won't be able to find a single consumer law or enforcement official to back you up.

Wont back you up because one of his relatives are the importer or seller.

I had something like this when I was a kid in Canada. It was filled with candy though ... much more useful than ink.

Perhaps this is the reason I have never takne up drugs. All these years I thought that the needle and syringe was for dispensing candy.

Remember they had those here in Denmark at the clinic when i went for my hepatitis A shot.

Nurse said the kids loved them because it removed some of the fear before getting their vaccine shots.

Don't think any of those kids ends up as junkies ;)

Yet again a well intended warning has been urinated on from on high, leading to the assumption that;

a) Many of the above posters either aren't parents or are trolling for the sake of it &

b ) They're in the same category as the prat on FB that is serially stalking the ST each time they post a negative story yet haven't offered any positive stories as an alternative.

Is it any wonder that regular posters to these boards are getting fewer in number by the day?

Yet again a well intended warning has been urinated on from on high, leading to the assumption that;

a) Many of the above posters either aren't parents or are trolling for the sake of it &

b ) They're in the same category as the prat on FB that is serially stalking the ST each time they post a negative story yet haven't offered any positive stories as an alternative.

Is it any wonder that regular posters to these boards are getting fewer in number by the day?

I certainly agree with you Evadgib, I especially ignore postings in the Samui News section, it just seems to bring out too many blink.png .... well I won't say... it or need too...

But too, in the regular part of the Island forums we seem to get too many negative posters, some who have no idea what they are talking about, or just have an "axe to grind" for some reason... some, just cos they did not research things before coming... Some people just cannot adapt to things either ....

.....and then there are those who don't think Samui has many improvements ...made over the last few years.... Hello! facepalm.gif

Archived