BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Overstay blacklisting starts in March

This will be interesting. Will they actually use their computer system to check arrival cards against visa issues against departure cards?

As far as I've seen, the immigration staff use their computers as paperweights for the amazing volume of paper they require.

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's Immigration Bureau could start blacklisting foreigners who stay beyond their visa period with effect from March 2016.

COULD??? So this proposed law is not yet confirmed to be enacted fully? But somehow i still see 20+ pages of TVF speculation coming.

Yes. Still just speculation.

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's Immigration Bureau could start blacklisting foreigners who stay beyond their visa period with effect from March 2016.

COULD??? So this proposed law is not yet confirmed to be enacted fully? But somehow i still see 20+ pages of TVF speculation coming.

Yes. Still just speculation.

The royal decree on the blacklisting is expected to be promulgated in late March

Edited by MJCM

I'd wait until it the royal decree is actually published.

I wonder about people who started their overstay before March 2016.

My friend was at immigration here in Pattaya yesterday. He had to sign a form indicating he understood these new rules. Seems they are instituting this already????

I would imagine there are many 1,000s of overstayers who pay into the economy which will have an adverse effect on the Thai economy if it is put into force it seems one step forward and ten steps backwards

My friend was at immigration here in Pattaya yesterday. He had to sign a form indicating he understood these new rules. Seems they are instituting this already????

This signing of the forms has been effect (to my knowledge) already 1 year+

The last time I did an extension of stay at Jomtien Immigration (around 1.5 years ago) I also had to sign such a form

• Like 1

Am I the only one that noticed a 20,000 baht fine.

Cheaper to kill someone. Only a 1000 baht fine.

I think it was the same form they have been getting people to sign since May of last year.

I have had to sign it for 2 extension now.

Im sure this will stop those nasty isis folk I mean theyre undesirable arent they...............oooops already here

This will be interesting. Will they actually use their computer system to check arrival cards against visa issues against departure cards?

I doubt it they cannot even make it work UNIFORMLY for 90 reporting. To much sophistication involved. I would not mind if they could hold up their end with good immigration services (unlike Chiang Mai) online reporting that works and a good online queue system. Now we would have a level playing field but no they do not hold up their end to ease the burden on us instead they think of ways to make it harder. Seniors to old to jump through hoops

Edited by elgordo38
  • Like 2

I would imagine there are many 1,000s of overstayers who pay into the economy which will have an adverse effect on the Thai economy if it is put into force it seems one step forward and ten steps backwards

Sounds about right.