Aircon on Plasterboard Walls?

Happy Grumpy

The indoor units are light enough that decent butterfly type anchors should do the trick, don't try hanging the outdoor unit in the same way.

Are there no solid walls you can use? The installation chaps may not be happy hanging even the indoor unit on a stud wall :(

The indoor units are light enough that decent butterfly type anchors should do the trick,

Cheers.

Are these usually in place already, or do the aircon installers put them in?

Edit:

Just looked on google images, it looks like the installers put the through the plaster board, and they open up wide inside as to disperse the weight over more of the plasterboard.

Are they something like this:

toggle-bolts-are-best-for-securing-thing

And is it normal practice to hang the aircon unit off the the plasterboard ceiling when there isn't a brick wall to attach them to?

Cheers.

The anchors you show are what I suggested, but for indoor units on walls only.

What sort of unit are you intending hanging on a ceiling? You will require a completely different anchor and some sort of load spreader assuming the ceiling grid can support the weight. The big ceiling (cassette) units are usually fixed to the building structure and hang on long threaded rods.

Cheers.

I'm actually wrong, I want a wall mounted one, not a ceiling mounted one.

5459100_daikin-inverter-smile-ftkc-nv2sb

I just check one of our bedrooms in our house, and it has one connected to a plasterboard wall no problem.

Just one last quick question.

If buying from someplace like Homepro, I guess the fitters don't come out to the property first to assess where you want it, but just come to install it without coming to assess it first?

Cheers.

We had all our A/C installed by HomePro. The crew turned up with the units and did the deed, minimal mess, no pre-visit.

Both teams (two separate occasions) were professional and did an excellent job whilst being supplied with cold water by Wifey (they refused coffee or tea).

By the way, you pay the installers for any extra pipe, lagging etc.

Archived