Bed bugs

CALSinCM

Just because they're bed bugs doesn't mean to say they have to live in your bed.

I've had a couple of infestations where they were on my computer chair and the other in my lounge chair.

They can be picked up anywhere. The last time I saw some they were on a chair in an upmarket clothing store in Emporium near Phrom phong BTS.

put everthing into a plastic bag and seal it. Leave it for at least one week in it......

Or...for me the better option....Throw away your matress you use and buy instead a new LATEX one. No bugs again. Promised!

Nonsense!

well, there are always ignorants in the world. Don't worry. Bad news for you: there is no medicine against it. I feel very sorry.

...but you didn't need to post your ignorance, did you? You appear not even to be able to read and understand my post and on top of that you make a couple of totally fallacious comments about bed bugs....why bother when you clearly don't know the first thing bout them

/

because it's hard to accept your stupid quotes. And...I'm happy to post what I want. Don't need your permission at all.

• Like 1

While we are on the subject of Bugs !

It is increedibly easy to bring the damned german cockroaches into your home/apartment. I stopped buying food at Lotus and Big-c because of this. All it takes is one nymph in baked goods or produce and whammo in 4 weeks you have an egg laying female dumping hundreds more in your residence. I just moved because of it.

Buy your produce and food from the street vendors or Fresh Market (much cleaner...never seen a roach there). But Big-C and Lotus....you will almost be guaranteed an infestation in time. And thet are virtually impossible to get rid of. even German roach nymphs have an incredible sense of fear....if you try to swat them they dart the other way and hide in any crevice available. Easier to move after spraying and inspecting all your stuff.

Sorry for the hijack but I would rather deal with bedbugs than those German bastards. No offense but the larger American roaches are child's play in comparison.

As well as fumigating, try wrapping the mattress in black plastic, seal entirely with duct tape and put out in the sun for the day.

I said it in my quote already. I did it years ago. Put all bed sheats into a plastic bag, pressed out the air, sealed it and put it into my chest freezer. Worked perfect. Sunlight might be an option.

However I bought a LATEX matress later. Bugs can't live in Latex. So this solution was the best ever.

The only true way to eradicate bedbugs is to throw everything away (including your bed) ....they will hide in the creases of the mattress...you will not find them without a magnifying glass. Then chemical fumigation os any furniture or things remaining in the room. I would immediately seal that room off from the rest of the house...tape on the bottom and seams of the door to prevent them from taking up residence in your other rooms. And one bug can produce hundreds more....soon you will be host to the entire extended family. Sorry for the grim news.

And then burn your house, should be the only very true..

As well as fumigating, try wrapping the mattress in black plastic, seal entirely with duct tape and put out in the sun for the day.

I said it in my quote already. I did it years ago. Put all bed sheats into a plastic bag, pressed out the air, sealed it and put it into my chest freezer. Worked perfect. Sunlight might be an option.

However I bought a LATEX matress later. Bugs can't live in Latex. So this solution was the best ever.

Nonsense! they may not live in the latex but they can certainly live in your bed linen and any crevices in the latex etc etc.....you really need to get up to speed on this.

You didn't mention a freezer, but in fact that is unlikely to do the job as they need to be below 0 degrees FAHRENHEIT which most domestic freezers can't achieve - I suspect in order to look less of a fool you've been doing a bit of

Googling but this won't work as you need to understand what you've Googled before posting more nonsense.

Leaving out in the sun may work but they can survive 140 Fahrenheit = 60 Celsius. In fact a clothes dryer in a launderette might do it - so don't throw those clothes away.

Edited by cumgranosalum

Nonsense! they may not live in the latex but they can certainly live in your bed linen and any crevices in the latex etc etc.....you really need to get up to speed on this.

You didn't mention a freezer, but in fact that is unlikely to do the job as they need to be below 0 degrees FAHRENHEIT which most domestic freezers can't achieve - I suspect in order to look less of a fool you've been doing a bit of

Googling but this won't work as you need to understand what you've Googled before posting more nonsense.

Leaving out in the sun may work but they can survive 140 Fahrenheit = 60 Celsius. In fact a clothes dryer in a launderette might do it - so don't throw those clothes away.

your knowledge in Latin language is as good as your knowledge in bugs (CUM GRANO SALIS). Congrats and then give me a break. I have more to do than talk to you your childish bugger.

your knowledge in Latin language is as good as your knowledge in bugs (CUM GRANO SALIS). Congrats and then give me a break. I have more to do than talk to you your childish bugger.

So rather than debate the topic (no idea what to say?) you have decided to display how elementary your knowledge of Latin and failed to differentiate beween a Latin phrase and a classical style nickname. If you want to know ANYTHING bout Latin, ask me - I'll do better than Google.

The US is a hotbed of bedbugs, a real pandemic in cities. Latest method by exterminators is spraying frozen gas in all cracks (not yours!).

Seems to me a non-flammable, non-poisonous gas, liquid when cold, could be rigged up with hose and nozzle. Your gas man might have some fun with this. (Sorry, nitrous is now illegal and you'd pass out in your room!)

For clothing and bedding, a HOT dryer--and several cycles of wash & dry--will work. Dryers are hard to find here. In cities, use dry clean outfits; in countryside, try to talk hotel laundry staff into doing yours, delivered double sealed in plastic bags, of course.

• Like 1

buy a can of Chainrite spray from the store ..... spray everything in the room .... close the room and come back 3 hours later.

Air out the room and all your bugs should be dead .................

What is Chainrite and where can I get it? I am being bitten in my bed with horrible allergic reactions. Not bedbugs, but I can't figure out what it is. Being going on for months now. My Thai friend says its ants, but I've never seen anything in my bedroom.

Came home from LOS in July 2014. Brought bed bugs with me it seems. Much research = bb's all stages, eggs, larvae adults all very susceptible to increased temperatures, above 45 - 46c! Thus I took all my clothes, bed linen, towels etc. put them all in large plastic garbage bags and put these in my car, wound up all the window, shut the doors and left car in the sun all day. Thermometer I put in car read up to 60c! End of problem for clothes and linen etc! Whole house I treated with commercial bug bombs, on in every room, two in big rooms! As well as this I used insecticide Dichlorvos liquid, (Same stuff in Pest strips), in three evenly spaced places in the house, in a shallow dish with fan blowing over each! shut up house for 14hrs. My bed mattress, I dragged out to front lawn and wrapped, sealed in black plastic! Apparently bb can survive 13 months without food, (your blood!) All this happened in October 2014. One month ago I took plastic of mattress, and so far so good. We shall wait and see!

• Like 1

Temprid (made by Bayer) is the professional pest exterminators choice. It needs to be handled carefully but will get rid of bedbugs.

I know of one exterminator who uses it however they are Pattaya based so not much use to you. Maybe you can ask locally if the pest control companies are able to source it and use it correctly.

http://larasmallman.com/temprid-reviews-for-killing-bed-bugs-and-fleas/

buy a can of Chainrite spray from the store ..... spray everything in the room .... close the room and come back 3 hours later.

Air out the room and all your bugs should be dead .................

What is Chainrite and where can I get it? I am being bitten in my bed with horrible allergic reactions. Not bedbugs, but I can't figure out what it is. Being going on for months now. My Thai friend says its ants, but I've never seen anything in my bedroom.

CHAINDRITE .....

spray every nook & crany ..... hide any food and cover benches and surface areas where you may touch with plastic. Keep all food in the cupboard etc ...

it's a toxic spray so don't breath it in , cover your nose and mouth.

Spray the whole can on surfaces, corner , crevices, cracks, bed mat, bathroom drain, cupboard corners etc ... close for 3 hours and lock up.

Come back ... air out for an hour or so .... spray a bit of air freshner ... baby powder ... and WAYLA !!!no more bugs ....

post-48292-0-62742300-1449824631_thumb.j

Edited by steven100

put everthing into a plastic bag and seal it. Leave it for at least one week in it......

Or...for me the better option....Throw away your matress you use and buy instead a new LATEX one. No bugs again. Promised!

Nonsense!

Bedbugs live on blood and can live for months without eating. Changing your mattress will not guarantee a bedbug free room. Bedbugs can hide anywhere, even in other parts of the room or house. There are several ways that I know to kill bedbugs, using insecticides, high temperature or steam and freezing. This being Thailand freezing them is ruled out, which leaves the other methods. Using insecticides will be the easiest, but you will need to fumigate the entire house and leave the house closed up for several hours, to ensure all bugs are dead. An extra benefit of this is, all other insects are killed also. You will need to spray every crack and crevice. Also all clothing, bed linens and towels can be fumigated, then washed or they can be removed from the house before spraying and placed in clothes dryer on high heat setting, for no less than 20 minutes. You cannot kill bedbugs by putting your clothes in plastic bags for 2-3 weeks. Steaming would eliminate the use of pesticides, but will take longer. You would have to go over every square inch of the mattress, bed frame, room and clothes slowly, to allow the steam to kill the bugs and eggs. Myself, if I wanted to make sure all infestation was eliminated, I would use a combination of steam on the mattress and linens, then use pesticide.

Nonsense!

Bedbugs live on blood and can live for months without eating. Changing your mattress will not guarantee a bedbug free room. Bedbugs can hide anywhere, even in other parts of the room or house. There are several ways that I know to kill bedbugs, using insecticides, high temperature or steam and freezing. This being Thailand freezing them is ruled out, which leaves the other methods. Using insecticides will be the easiest, but you will need to fumigate the entire house and leave the house closed up for several hours, to ensure all bugs are dead. An extra benefit of this is, all other insects are killed also. You will need to spray every crack and crevice. Also all clothing, bed linens and towels can be fumigated, then washed or they can be removed from the house before spraying and placed in clothes dryer on high heat setting, for no less than 20 minutes. You cannot kill bedbugs by putting your clothes in plastic bags for 2-3 weeks. Steaming would eliminate the use of pesticides, but will take longer. You would have to go over every square inch of the mattress, bed frame, room and clothes slowly, to allow the steam to kill the bugs and eggs. Myself, if I wanted to make sure all infestation was eliminated, I would use a combination of steam on the mattress and linens, then use pesticide.

in my other quote I explained: to put your bedsheets in a plastic bag for about 1 week in a chest freezer!! I did it here in Thailand but you might not believe. You can buy such chest freezer even here!

Concerning the matress you are wrong. LATEX matresses prevent bugs living there. Also you can buy special matress covers to prevent bugs moving into your "normal" matress.

Pesticides I would not use. I don't like poison in my house. But it's up to you and everybody.

Nonsense!

in my other quote I explained: to put your bedsheets in a plastic bag for about 1 week in a chest freezer!! I did it here in Thailand but you might not believe. You can buy such chest freezer even here!

Concerning the matress you are wrong. LATEX matresses prevent bugs living there. Also you can buy special matress covers to prevent bugs moving into your "normal" matress.

Pesticides I would not use. I don't like poison in my house. But it's up to you and everybody.

Why do you keep doing this - wrong on all counts - you just don't seem to be able t process information correctly.

The size of an apple seed....No....they can fit a dozen on an apple seed...perhaps you saw a tick ?

If you did not have multiple bites in a line or semi circle...likely not bedbugs.

In addition to vinegar spray which smells awful....you can also spray bedding night and morning with isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol).. this will kill them. if you spray religiously every day even new ones that hatch will be killed. Do it for a month daily to catch hatchlings.

Spray mattress, seams, underneath ...everything....it is harmless and volatile so it dissipates quickly...open the windows and keep away from open flame or you will have other problems too.

Vinegar smells for a very short time.... useful as some else pointed out, ^ for several cleaning jobs around the home....thumbsup.gif

OP, as Sawadee here suggests, go out and buy yourself ]according to your mattress size] some tough plastic and wrap it around the bare mattress. Put an old sheet over the plastic and perhap a mattress cover [a quality cover will set you back about 1000 baht] over that. Then put your normal sheets you sleep on.

I had a nightmare with these critters or whatever they were.. I would get destroyed by their feeding frenzy sometimes but the missus would not get touched. After I applied the above method, not one single bite ever again!!

Wrapping the mattress in plastic will trap them in and cut off their passages to the otheside world, so they can't get to have a feed.. well it seemed to have worked for me, but it's an inexpensive way to at least give it a shot.

I was almost ready to buy a new mattress. I know the pain and discomfort you are going through.