Bed bugs

CALSinCM

Why do you keep doing this - wrong on all counts - you just don't seem to be able t process information correctly.

• photo-49114.jpg?_r=0
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 588 posts

Posted Today, 04:25

sawadee1947, on 11 Dec 2015 - 04:21, said:snapback.png

OP, as Sawadee here suggests, go out and buy yourself ]according to your mattress size] some tough plastic and wrap it around the bare mattress. Put an old sheet over the plastic and perhap a mattress cover [a quality cover will set you back about 1000 baht] over that. Then put your normal sheets you sleep on.

I had a nightmare with these critters or whatever they were.. I would get destroyed by their feeding frenzy sometimes but the missus would not get touched. After I applied the above method, not one single bite ever again!!

Wrapping the mattress in plastic will trap them in and cut off their passages to the otheside world, so they can't get to have a feed.. well it seemed to have worked for me, but it's an inexpensive way to at least give it a shot.

I was almost ready to buy a new mattress. I know the pain and discomfort you are going through.

I've spent the day researching these critters. I now know what they look like and how they move. I even know where I picked this one up. Night market. I remember something biting my ankle while the wife saw shopping. I looked down and could recognize the insect: flat, oval, about the size of an apple seed. I reached down to kill it and it disappeared. That fast. I'm sure that was it. I must have jump or run up my trouser leg, and from there to home. Now that I know what I'm looking for I at least have a plan. Steam treat the mattress and bed, continue washing clothes, continue inspecting the area. Heat will kill them at 120 F. Considering I've only been bitten twice, I need to kill this sucker before it lays eggs.

I was stationed in the middle east in 1970 and it was a fact of life. They moved from room through the air con and took up residence in your bed frame. We would take the bedframe outside and spray it with lighter fuel, once it was lit they soon vacated the premises.

Not the most pleasant of sleeping companions, good luck.

buy a can of Chainrite spray from the store ..... spray everything in the room .... close the room and come back 3 hours later.

Air out the room and all your bugs should be dead .................

What is Chainrite and where can I get it? I am being bitten in my bed with horrible allergic reactions. Not bedbugs, but I can't figure out what it is. Being going on for months now. My Thai friend says its ants, but I've never seen anything in my bedroom.

I have discovered what is biting me are not bedbugs but tiny little ants. They are all over my ceiling and bedroom and fall onto my bed at night. I have a severe allergic reaction to their bites. I sprayed normal insect poison but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of them? I can't figure out where they come from as they are in my bathroom and kitchen floor as well...

buy a can of Chainrite spray from the store ..... spray everything in the room .... close the room and come back 3 hours later.

What is Chainrite and where can I get it? I am being bitten in my bed with horrible allergic reactions. Not bedbugs, but I can't figure out what it is. Being going on for months now. My Thai friend says its ants, but I've never seen anything in my bedroom.

I have discovered what is biting me are not bedbugs but tiny little ants. They are all over my ceiling and bedroom and fall onto my bed at night. I have a severe allergic reaction to their bites. I sprayed normal insect poison but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of them? I can't figure out where they come from as they are in my bathroom and kitchen floor as well...

Those tiny ants are all over the region. I had a massive problem with them when I lived in Penang, Malaysia. You can try to find the tiny little holes they are entering...difficult. or use some homemade bait....mix some boric acid podwer with some melted palm sugar liquid or molasses. Leave near edges of doorways where you have seen the ants. For the first week you will see thousands of them indulge in the free food...don't be alarmed....keep refreshing the pot with new bait. In a week or so...you will see fewer and fewer visitors....they will carry the toxic sugars back to the queen and eventually kill her. When she stops laying eggs..the whole colony will die.

If that does not work or is too much work....this natural spray will deter them....I warn you it smells nasty but they hate it. I keep one on hand wherever I am in SE Asia.....works great on mozzies and roaches too.

http://www.mosi-guard.com/

mosiguard-insect-repellent-spray.jpg?for

Edited by tonray

When I moved into my condo a few months back, the weather was warmer, and due to poor fitting screens and a 2cm gap under the door, midges would get in.

I'm allergic to these, and the itch takes days to go away.

However, a door seal, some encouragement to make the screens fit, a seal under the door and maybe cooler weather, and the problem has gone.

I also used a pyrethrum-based spray (maybe the same as "Mosi-Guard") and no more problems.

Those tiny ants are all over the region. I had a massive problem with them when I lived in Penang, Malaysia. You can try to find the tiny little holes they are entering...difficult. or use some homemade bait....mix some boric acid podwer with some melted palm sugar liquid or molasses. Leave near edges of doorways where you have seen the ants. For the first week you will see thousands of them indulge in the free food...don't be alarmed....keep refreshing the pot with new bait. In a week or so...you will see fewer and fewer visitors....they will carry the toxic sugars back to the queen and eventually kill her. When she stops laying eggs..the whole colony will die.

If that does not work or is too much work....this natural spray will deter them....I warn you it smells nasty but they hate it. I keep one on hand wherever I am in SE Asia.....works great on mozzies and roaches too.

Thank you for the info! But do you know if mozi-guardand boric acid are available in Thailand and where can one buy it? Thanks...

If you were able to see the bug, it must be a flea. Bed bugs are microscopic.

No.... only their eggs and new hatchlings are very very small and hard to see. After a couple of molts, bed bugs are quite easy to see.. about the size of an apple seed.

http://cdn.orkin.com/images/bed_bugs/bed-bug-on-hand_2592x1944.jpg

http://www.aboveallpests.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/nj-bedbugs-4.jpg

http://bedbugsriddance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Pictures-of-Bed-bugs8.jpg

Do you have a lot of bats in your area? You might have bat bugs.... closely related to bed bugs... (common ancestry) and you need magnification to tell the difference between them.

But bat bugs prefer bats and will only bite other animals if bats are not available. Bed bugs are descended from bat bugs... when our ancestors moved into the caves after climbing down out of the trees..

Comparison of bat bug and bed bug: To they eye, they look the same.... but magnification shows the difference..

http://www.badbedbugs.com/images/batbug.jpg

Edited by Catoni

Thank you for the info! But do you know if mozi-guardand boric acid are available in Thailand and where can one buy it? Thanks...

I think Mosi-Guard is a UK product...if I remember I got it at Watsons I think.

As far as boric acid you can usually get it at pool supply companies

or try this guy:

http://www.chemipan.com/i/en/a1/

http://www.chemipan.com/i/en/a1/index.php/635-product/674-general-chemicals/675-general-chemicals/1051/1051-boric-acid-chemical.html

Edited by tonray

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I found lots of bed bigs in my hotel, since we operate out of back packers,
the problem got worst, we were literally loosing all the customers,

we try to call so many company they all came, and did nothing,
Finally one of my friend refered me a guy, I called him he came in

and worked on the bed bugs in 20 days , my hotel is totally free from bed bugs.
i did not spend lots of money . Iam willing to share the number with you
its 08 767 81346
he will be very quick plus not that expensive to get red of bed bugs .

• Like 1

• 1 year later...