Nightmare Has Begun . . .

p1p

Was first "blessed" by Songkran sewer water on Thursday. Friday noticed more in evidence and today, even more. This evening could not help but take note of lines of holiday traffic heading into town on all main trunk routes. Feels like the build up to the worst of all nightmares.

Currently battening down hatches and hope to re-surface on about the 19th.

Best wishes to all, & hopes you survive intact.

Anybody else hibernating out towards Hang Dong area fancy getting together for a drink, PM me.

P

Don't need to exagerate too much. Songkran is ok if you stay away from the middle of town to avoid the gridlock and don't drive after 6 pm to avoid the drunken drivers and make sure you have enough food and water in the house.

P1P, as you're driving round in a mercedes, just keep the windows rolled up. :o

P1P, as you're driving round in a mercedes, just keep the windows rolled up. 

And also keep your doors locked....I remember, in my youth :o , being very focused on vehicles with windows cracked, as well as any cop going by. If only I'd had the super-soakers and such then.... :D

And farangs in tuk-tuks have always been a crowd favorite :D

Though I can't partake of the water-throwing much anymore, I will drive down Thapae rd once, safely encased in airconditioned comfort. Quite a good platform to watch the surrounding madness for an hour or so, yet not be the focus of the madness myself :D