Mint 17.3 'Rosa'

doctormann

Mint 17.3 'Rosa' has now been released. Anyone done the upgrade yet and was it trouble-free?

I'm running 17.2 'Rafaella' with the Cinnamon desktop right now. I'll probably wait a few days before upgrading although the previous upgrade, 17.1 - 17.2, went very smoothly so I'm not expecting any problems.

DM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried an upgrade from 17.2 to 17.3 (about 2 months ago) and Cinnamon crashed every few hours. I submitted bugs on two sites with traces but not a single reply Perhaps if I'd done a fresh 17.3 install? Anyway, I went back to 17.2 and have decided to wait till LM 18 in May or June.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had Mint 17.3 Cinnamon running on an Acer Desktop, a Sony Vaio laptop, a Macbook Air and a Zotax Zbox AD10+ since the upgrade was made available.

I haven't had any issues.

I can't remember how long I've been using Mint but it must be a while now.

I'll never go back to crappy windows or that even more revolting MacOS.

• 2 weeks later...

Since reading about Mint on ThaiVisa, I've tried it in place of Fedora. Very nice. one issue I've often had with Linux is wireless crashes, but with Mint not a problem yet.

Running it on a cheap Acer I bought in November for 6990B, 2GB RAM, Dual Core Celeron processor, but Mint flies.

Since unity (whenever that was) and eventually finding the saviour of mint, I had constant problems that I lived through, many I think due to trying cinnamon each release then going back to mate. Was good for sure but strange unsolvable issues each release.

Since switching back to ubuntu mate I have enjoyed a great stable system. Could be my hardware (know for sure that some issues were now removed graphics) but a definite noticeable difference.

May not apply to all but mate was always the attraction for me with mint, never liked cinnamon. Now it's back to the more mainstream distro my motivation for mate has gone.

Just one guys view...

All welcome to your preference, beauty of Linux!

Archived