Bacon

raslin

Just read the back of a Savepak packet of sliced bacon:

Fully cooked

Just heat and eat.

Place in pan of boiling water, turn off the heat.

Wait 3-7 minutes

If you COOK it properly its not too bad though clearly the company don't want to tell you whether it is smoked or greenback.

Anyone now how to get the super rich boss of the very large CP sit down and eat a bit of his nice warm wet bits of stuff?

Roger in Surin

Edited by raslin

Fully cooked

Just heat and eat.

Wait 3-7 minutes

If you COOK it properly its not too bad though clearly the company don't want to tell you whether it is smoked or greenback.

Anyone now how to get the super rich boss of the very large CP sit down and eat a bit of his nice warm wet bits of stuff?

Roger in Surin

No excuses whatsoever.............................................you know where the REAL bacon is :o

Fully cooked

Just heat and eat.

Wait 3-7 minutes

Roger in Surin

No wonder it is always that rubbery crap in the restaraunts. I make my own bacon when I start missing it. After two misshaps I have learned to put my name on the bag. People kept throwing it in thai food thinking it was pork. The confusion was quite funny when their pork wouldn't brown and just stayed a nice pink. I would have been a lot funnier if I didn't have to wait again for more to cure.

• 3 weeks later...

Fully cooked

Just heat and eat.

Wait 3-7 minutes

Roger in Surin

No wonder it is always that rubbery crap in the restaraunts. I make my own bacon when I start missing it. After two misshaps I have learned to put my name on the bag. People kept throwing it in thai food thinking it was pork. The confusion was quite funny when their pork wouldn't brown and just stayed a nice pink. I would have been a lot funnier if I didn't have to wait again for more to cure.

We've found English back bacon at the Siam Paragon Gourmet Market. It's very cheap. just a few baht more expensive than the streaky bacon you normally find in supermarkets.

Fully cooked

Just heat and eat.

Wait 3-7 minutes

Roger in Surin

If that is the same CP bacon that I buy from 7/11 it tastes Ok if you chuck it in the frying pan and fry it with some sausage, a couple of eggs and some fried bread. At least it did at lunchtime today. 42 baht a pack.

When I am in Bangkok I usually go to Villa and buy canadian bacon which is mighty meaty matey rather than the streaky stuff. I wouldn't feed that to my dogs and they eat most things.

the thing about thai bacon and other pork products like ham, they get all sweaty as soon as you open the pack and have to be consumed quickly. I've found unspecial bacon at tescos that's OK for BLTs...cooks up as crispy as you please if you control the cooking yerself. Bacon is not a staple of thai cuisine and they don't know how to cook it falang style...understandably...

they sure can do good fish heads and pork guts with nam pla though... :o

I found real falang style hickory smoked bacon at world trade in Bangkok.I dont remember the name of the market, but I believe it was on the ground floor, to the right as you enter (perhaps down one level)

Edited by pumpuiman