Brit beaten-up by Ladyboy’s on Pattaya Beach Promenade

Jonathan Fairfield

I wonder what the group think would be if a bunch of ladyboys beat up an old white woman? My guess is that she would not be criticized for expressing 'homophobic' outrage. Why? *Cognitive dissonance: the woman can not be branded homophobic; criticizing a woman for fending off attackers is sexist, misogynistic, and suggests that sexual assault is permissible - under certain circumstances.

Perhaps the more important questions are: Why has the ideologically driven need to protect homosexuals overridden the instinctual drive to protect the elderly, and what has caused them to think this way?

"People tend to seek consistency in their beliefs and perceptions. So what happens when one of our beliefs conflicts with another previously held belief? The term cognitive dissonance is used to describe the feelings of discomfort that result from holding two conflicting beliefs. When there is a discrepancy between beliefs and behaviours, something must change in order to eliminate or reduce the dissonance."

http://psychology.about.com/od/cognitivepsychology/f/dissonance.htm

If an "old white woman" did the same thing the old white guy did Id call her a dumb f&$@ too. She wouldnt get a pass from me,

Your "guess" and thinking is not my opinion nor would I imagine some others here. Also, nobody is "protecting homosexuals over elderly". We are saying the victim was a complete fool for what he did.

I dont have conflicting beliefs here. The "victim" was wrong and the LBs that conducted the assault were both wrong.

Put bad people together in an encounter such as what happened, and a bad situation will be the result.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ten pages and still going... All because a foreign fool decided to abuse some locals, in there own back yard

The man was blatantly rude and was given a lesson on manners

But a lot of folks seems to want to talk about homosexuality and homophobia... Maybe a topic close to those people's hearts?

Travel guides recomend politeness and tolerance... Not gobbling of, which in Thailand is very insulting.

Westerners have now included all sorts of "bad" language into there everyday speech, but when traveling... Engage brain before putting mouth into gear... And take the time to read a travel guide... Although as this moron was in pattaya, I would guess that he knew the lie of the land already ( sin city) , so that makes him even more stupid

I wonder what the group think would be if a bunch of ladyboys beat up an old white woman? My guess is that she would not be criticized for expressing 'homophobic' outrage. Why? *Cognitive dissonance: the woman can not be branded homophobic; criticizing a woman for fending off attackers is sexist, misogynistic, and suggests that sexual assault is permissible - under certain circumstances.

Perhaps the more important questions are: Why has the ideologically driven need to protect homosexuals overridden the instinctual drive to protect the elderly, and what has caused them to think this way?

"People tend to seek consistency in their beliefs and perceptions. So what happens when one of our beliefs conflicts with another previously held belief? The term cognitive dissonance is used to describe the feelings of discomfort that result from holding two conflicting beliefs. When there is a discrepancy between beliefs and behaviours, something must change in order to eliminate or reduce the dissonance."

http://psychology.about.com/od/cognitivepsychology/f/dissonance.htm

If an "old white woman" did the same thing the old white guy did Id call her a dumb f&$@ too. She wouldnt get a pass from me,

Your "guess" and thinking is not my opinion nor would I imagine some others here. Also, nobody is "protecting homosexuals over elderly". We are saying the victim was a complete fool for what he did.

I dont have conflicting beliefs here. The "victim" was wrong and the LBs that conducted the assault were both wrong.

Put bad people together in an encounter such as what happened, and a bad situation will be the result.

Do you think that the hypothetical old woman would deserve a beating?

I answered your question in my first sentence. Yes

Homophobic memes are frequent on TVF, as is bashing of boorish newb tourists, drunks and sex mongers. When there is a crime one often hears victim blaming.

Some are so tantalized by this thread they do not know which element of their subtle bigotry to engage first, thus the apparent schizophrenic responses.

Personally I do not refer to colleagues or friends who are on the Trans spectrum of the LGBT community as "Ladyboys". I call them by their name.

Gangs of LB's are active in most countries in Asia, and even Hawaii and the Pacific Islands. Everywhere these thugs operate they are involved in drugs, thefts, and violence

and really nothing much to do with sexuality or prostitution it is a law enforcement matter that can only be dealt with with the kind of effective Policing that does not seem to be

going on in Pattaya.

Homophobic memes are frequent on TVF, as is bashing of boorish newb tourists, drunks and sex mongers. When there is a crime one often hears victim blaming.

Some are so tantalized by this thread they do not know which element of their subtle bigotry to engage first, thus the apparent schizophrenic responses.

Personally I do not refer to colleagues or friends who are on the Trans spectrum of the LGBT community as "Ladyboys". I call them by their name.

Gangs of LB's are active in most countries in Asia, and even Hawaii and the Pacific Islands. Everywhere these thugs operate they are involved in drugs, thefts, and violence

and really nothing much to do with sexuality or prostitution it is a law enforcement matter that can only be dealt with with the kind of effective Policing that does not seem to be

going on in Pattaya.

I don't completely agree with some of your opinions and some things you've got things a little wrong way-round here. First off, homophobia is pretty well policed here on T-V these days. As in most of society at large, one has to be a real knuckle-dragger to espouse openly homophobic views in public (and for purposes of this post lets say a forum like this is a "public" place). Unfortunately, transphobia is not and so homophobic members, who know posting their homophobic messages and hate-speech will get them warnings, suspensions, or bans ,have turned to posting vitriolic comments regarding trans-people instead. At some point, one hopes transphobic posters will be treated the same as homophobic ones are now.

As to the case of the bashed "gentleman" in question, what was the crime and who initiated the confrontation in the first place? This Manchester gentleman, by his own words, said he was propositioned by some sex-workers while ambling down the street in a city and place renowned for its commercial sex-industry. He never said he was accosted, attacked, assaulted, or molested in any way...only that he was propositioned. Is that a crime? He then reported that, due to his transphobia creating in him feelings of "hatred" for people who presumably don't share his heteronomative views of human sexuality, he proceeded to verbally assault these sex-workers with vitriolic hate-speech. So it seems to me he committed to first crime of aggression here...not the sex-workers. Now, it would have been better if the sex-workers had let this pitiful individual slither on back to his hotel room but one certainly understands how such constant abuse can push people over the edge and lead to a physical confrontation.

As to supposed "gangs" of transsexual "thugs" around Asia, I've lived and traveled all around these parts for the better part of 15 years and have yet to see any of them, let alone ever be assaulted by them. However, I don't go about spouting transphobic hate-speech at transsexuals either so that may have something to do with it.

going on in Pattaya.

I don't completely agree with some of your opinions and some things you've got things a little wrong way-round here. First off, homophobia is pretty well policed here on T-V these days. As in most of society at large, one has to be a real knuckle-dragger to espouse openly homophobic views in public (and for purposes of this post lets say a forum like this is a "public" place). Unfortunately, transphobia is not and so homophobic members, who know posting their homophobic messages and hate-speech will get them warnings, suspensions, or bans ,have turned to posting vitriolic comments regarding trans-people instead. At some point, one hopes transphobic posters will be treated the same as homophobic ones are now.

As to the case of the bashed "gentleman" in question, what was the crime and who initiated the confrontation in the first place? This Manchester gentleman, by his own words, said he was propositioned by some sex-workers while ambling down the street in a city and place renowned for its commercial sex-industry. He never said he was accosted, attacked, assaulted, or molested in any way...only that he was propositioned. Is that a crime? He then reported that, due to his transphobia creating in him feelings of "hatred" for people who presumably don't share his heteronomative views of human sexuality, he proceeded to verbally assault these sex-workers with vitriolic hate-speech. So it seems to me he committed to first crime of aggression here...not the sex-workers. Now, it would have been better if the sex-workers had let this pitiful individual slither on back to his hotel room but one certainly understands how such constant abuse can push people over the edge and lead to a physical confrontation.

As to supposed "gangs" of transsexual "thugs" around Asia, I've lived and traveled all around these parts for the better part of 15 years and have yet to see any of them, let alone ever be assaulted by them. However, I don't go about spouting transphobic hate-speech at transsexuals either so that may have something to do with it.

"He proceede to verbally assault theses sex-workers with vitriolic hate-speech"

Lol, you mean he expressed an opinion and like so many minorities, if it's an opinion they don't like then they lash out with terms like "homophobic" "transphobic" ( Lol,that one still cracks me up) "islamaphobic" or the media favourite "racist"

Get a grip and accept that people have different opinion's and are entitled to express them.

Just because I believe that homosexuality is wrong and should be illegal doesn't make me a bad person compared to somebody who believe's the opposite.

While it is indeed a basic right, in some countries, but not all countries, to express your opinions ( and if you live in Thailand you will know this, as the kingdom has LM laws, and citizens are starting to get targeted for Facebook blogs), I do believe that some self restraint and common sense should be used.

A man alone, late at night, abusing a group of people, especially in a foreign country, is quite obviously a fool

That said, of course beating the man for his lack of a functioning brain, is an over reaction, that should not have happened... But on the other hand, any person planning a holiday to Pattaya, knows what they are getting into, so I have no sympathy for him.

going on in Pattaya.

Lol, you mean he expressed an opinion and like so many minorities, if it's an opinion they don't like then they lash out with terms like "homophobic" "transphobic" ( Lol,that one still cracks me up) "islamaphobic" or the media favourite "racist"

Get a grip and accept that people have different opinion's and are entitled to express them.

Just because I believe that homosexuality is wrong and should be illegal doesn't make me a bad person compared to somebody who believe's the opposite.

Actually, it does. It puts you in the company of the Nazis, Putin, Falwall, assorted African dictators, and other incorrigibles.

Re read article again... The man admitted to police his HATRED for ladyboys, and this led him to throw VERBAL PROFANITIES at the group.

Go on down the high street of London and throw verbal profanities at soccer hoodlums, and see what you get

Have a walk around a Muslim city and throw verbal profanities at a bunch of blokes in dresses, and see what you get.

He is obviously a fool, just by being a hate monger... A stupid fool for the way he chose to express it

We have discussed freedom of speech, but that only goes so far... Screaming abuse at a gang of armed drug dealers would likely get you dead.... "But bro, I was just exercising my right to freedom of speech".... won't stop the bullet

It's actually an abuse of the right of freedom of speech, especially when in a country were you don't have that right in the first place.

Like I said...,a stupid fool, gobbling off to the wrong people, in a foreign country... It makes no difference if they were ladyboys or not, unless he thought he could outrun them in their high heels.... The only good thing that may come from this is that the guy learns some manners.

going on in Pattaya.

Actually, it does. It puts you in the company of the Nazis, Putin, Falwall, assorted African dictators, and other incorrigibles.

I disagree, as is my right, or would you deny me that right because my opinion is different from your's?

going on in Pattaya.

I disagree, as is my right, or would you deny me that right because my opinion is different from your's?

Your opinion may well be different, but would you be be so foolish as to go and abuse a group of ladyboys in the wee small hours of the morning, in their own country?

The great warrior, Achilles, has oftentimes been reported as gay... But did you cheer him on in the movie " Troy"

The second named of the nine " worthies" of history ( look it up) was Alexander the Great, also claimed by many as being gay

King Richard the lionheart, was at times thought gay, ignoring his beautiful wife, berengaria of Navarre.

These named figures of history, shaped our history... But would you go off and shout hatefully comments at them....,or as this is about the old fool who showed no self restraint in pattaya... Do you think he would be brave enough to decry the above named.

No... Right?

So add coward to my comments about him being stupid and foolish.

People often hate or are afraid of things they don't understand. but whatever happened to the ideal of live and let live

Regardless, western societies are enacting laws dealing responsibly with the rights of homosexual... Yes dude... They too have rights... So catch up with the new millennium, and in need, come on out of the closet, it's not so bad out here

going on in Pattaya.

Your opinion may well be different, but would you be be so foolish as to go and abuse a group of ladyboys in the wee small hours of the morning, in their own country?

The great warrior, Achilles, has oftentimes been reported as gay... But did you cheer him on in the movie " Troy"

The second named of the nine " worthies" of history ( look it up) was Alexander the Great, also claimed by many as being gay

King Richard the lionheart, was at times thought gay, ignoring his beautiful wife, berengaria of Navarre.

These named figures of history, shaped our history... But would you go off and shout hatefully comments at them....,or as this is about the old fool who showed no self restraint in pattaya... Do you think he would be brave enough to decry the above named.

No... Right?

So add coward to my comments about him being stupid and foolish.

People often hate or are afraid of things they don't understand. but whatever happened to the ideal of live and let live

Regardless, western societies are enacting laws dealing responsibly with the rights of homosexual... Yes dude... They too have rights... So catch up with the new millennium, and in need, come on out of the closet, it's not so bad out here

Lol, and there it is, the no1 comeback, implying that I'm a closet homosexual because I find the act of homosexuality disgusting.

I've never seen the film Troy so I have no idea to what you are refering to.

Lol.... After all the above, you seize on the last sentence.... One were I stated " in need" ... If you don't need, then good for you and the disgust you harbor.

But if you claim to not know of hector, archilles and Alexander the Great, you must truly be living in a dark place under a very large rock

Lol.... After all the above, you seize on the last sentence.... One were I stated " in need" ... If you don't need, then good for you and the disgust you harbor.

But if you claim to not know of hector, archilles and Alexander the Great, you must truly be living in a dark place under a very large rock

Lol, so just because you have different belief's than me then that makes me a disgusting person, is that what you are saying? You sound like the "anti-facist" that we have in the uk who claim that if you dont hold the same views as them then you are a facist.

Lol, so just because you have different belief's than me then that makes me a disgusting person, is that what you are saying? You sound like the "anti-facist" that we have in the uk who claim that if you dont hold the same views as them then you are a facist.

Your words were that you " find the act of homosexuality disgusting".... Ergo YOU harbor disgust,

Your not clever enough to be putting words in my mouth.... Those were words of your very own creation.

And, as your the one expressing beliefs and opinions that belong to another time, Or civilization, I would suggest that it's you who have tendancies outside what readers would call normal (especially in this country), like fascism, which is not normal.... And that's an example, not an accusation ( just in case you have any further problems with the written word)

Your words were that you " find the act of homosexuality disgusting".... Ergo YOU harbor disgust,

Your not clever enough to be putting words in my mouth.... Those were words of your very own creation.

And, as your the one expressing beliefs and opinions that belong to another time, Or civilization, I would suggest that it's you who have tendancies outside what readers would call normal (especially in this country), like fascism, which is not normal.... And that's an example, not an accusation ( just in case you have any further problems with the written word)

Not sure where you are from but here in the uk a great many people (I'm willing to bet at least 50% of the population) are sick of people like you who jump up & down stamping your feet if we don't live our life according to a bunch of limp wristed pc loving do-gooders. I think we need to agree to disagree.

Not sure where you are from but here in the uk a great many people (I'm willing to bet at least 50% of the population) are sick of people like you who jump up & down stamping your feet if we don't live our life according to a bunch of limp wristed pc loving do-gooders. I think we need to agree to disagree.

I'm actually Australian... A country generally recognized as not being very PC at the best of times.

As to jumping up and down and stamping my feet etc etc, I suggest you go and have a nice cup of camomile tea, as all I suggest is that we should be accepting of others and live our lives by the law of the land, without critising the beliefs and values of others

And all I'm willing to agree too, is that you display bigoted tendencies... And if 50% of people in the UK are sick of Political correctness, as you claim, then that means 50% are not.... So doing the math per your summation, 50% of your country are limp waisted.

Could be true, but I doubt many of your countrymen will agree with you, more likely they are just smarter, and moving on with the changing times, after all, it's no longer politically correct to have your head lopped off for talking back to your monarch., either

Laws change as the world changes and change is inevitable, regardless of how much you stamp your feet.

Archived