Brit beaten-up by Ladyboy’s on Pattaya Beach Promenade

Jonathan Fairfield

I asked the police back when they were hauling all the benches away from Jomtien beach "why?". They said "to suppress crime". I suggested perhaps having patrols might be a good idea..... And since then we have seen destruction of shade trees, numerous new solar street lights (that don't work), etc etc. Get off your backsides and go out and play cops and robbers occasionally.

Oh yeah, the TV cameras.... which don't work and/or no one monitors anyway.... another reason they gave for butchering the trees, before finally taking them out altogether.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an idiot, he got what he deserved, after it would seem he started the confrontation by hurling verbal abuse. Either ignore them, or smile and shake your head, or say no thanks, crazy to antagonise what are effectively young men. I'd like to know why he has a hatred of ladyboys, maybe he had a bad experience once, he's certainly had one now! I guess he'll know better next time.

You get what you ask for. I've never had a problem with them. But then I don't go calling them names and shit. There was a popular lady-boy bar right across from where I used to go drinking in Chiang Mai. Some of them looked very beautiful and could sure fool you.... and I saw the lady-boys beat a couple of guys up over time... but those farangs also asked for it.. Those of us across the street at the bar I drank at cheered the lady-boys on...(They only beat them enough to teach a lesson.... no horrible damage.) The farangs acted like total idiots and swearing at the lady-boys and insult throwing.. ( I'm a farang myself of course)

Show a little respect, smile.. don't go throwing insults and name calling to make them lose face.. You will get it back in spades...

Sometimes one of them would come over to visit the people that ran the bar I drank at... we respected each other and could joke around and share a drink. They knew I was strictly heterosexual... and that is fine..

People need to calm down.... that guy that got beaten up asked for it... He shouldn't be surprised at what happened.

I am happily married to a Thai, she has many friends who are gay; l am not threatened by them being gay ...

Pattaya is known as a sex city; tourism is way down, so maybe business is bad for sex trade and even more so for ladyboys, respect for them and others rarely results in a beating

I wonder if the guy goes round insulting people late at night in Manchester, if he did I imagine if he did his injuries would be alot worse.

Do they have many mentally challenged men walking around in a dress in Manchester?

Canal street!

I wonder if the guy goes round insulting people late at night in Manchester, if he did I imagine if he did his injuries would be alot worse.

Do they have many mentally challenged men walking around in a dress in Manchester?

This might help the next time you visit Manchester:

Manchester Village TGirls Night Out - Dani's T-Room

I've never been to manchester but you can probably enlighten me.

Do they push their offer for sexual services down the throat of any coincidental passerby?

You get what you ask for. I've never had a problem with them. But then I don't go calling them names and shit.

People need to calm down.... that guy that got beaten up asked for it... He shouldn't be surprised at what happened.

You and I grew up in very different worlds. In my world, the only acceptable reason to attack someone is an imminent threat to myself or my loved ones.

There was no threat. The altercation was over. Yet these LB's went out of their way to attack the guy. I'm pretty sure that would be illegal in about 50 states, every country in Europe and in Thailand.

There is no excuse for what they did.

What an idiot, he got what he deserved, after it would seem he started the confrontation by hurling verbal abuse. Either ignore them, or smile and shake your head, or say no thanks, crazy to antagonise what are effectively young men. I'd like to know why he has a hatred of ladyboys, maybe he had a bad experience once, he's certainly had one now! I guess he'll know better next time.

So it's ok for a group of men, dressed as woman, to assault a person and when he defends himself they can asssault him again? Get a grip.

You get what you ask for. I've never had a problem with them. But then I don't go calling them names and shit. There was a popular lady-boy bar right across from where I used to go drinking in Chiang Mai. Some of them looked very beautiful and could sure fool you.... and I saw the lady-boys beat a couple of guys up over time... but those farangs also asked for it.. Those of us across the street at the bar I drank at cheered the lady-boys on...(They only beat them enough to teach a lesson.... no horrible damage.) The farangs acted like total idiots and swearing at the lady-boys and insult throwing.. ( I'm a farang myself of course)

Show a little respect, smile.. don't go throwing insults and name calling to make them lose face.. You will get it back in spades...

Sometimes one of them would come over to visit the people that ran the bar I drank at... we respected each other and could joke around and share a drink. They knew I was strictly heterosexual... and that is fine..

And they need to show respect and not assault people with the intention of robbing them.

I am happily married to a Thai, she has many friends who are gay; l am not threatened by them being gay ...

Pattaya is known as a sex city; tourism is way down, so maybe business is bad for sex trade and even more so for ladyboys, respect for them and others rarely results in a beating

I think you'll find he was disgusted with them not threatened.

Looks like a Hi-So tourist and start to throw verbal profanities at a GROUP of actually young men who dress like women at the age 69.

facepalm.gif I would only do that if I am sure I can outrun them (if they wear hi-heels)

Or have your insurance company available. I heard Smith and Wesson make good insurance carriers.

Just what we need in Thailand - another one thinking problems are best sorted with a gun.facepalm.gif

Serves him right...maybe he's learned to keep his foul-mouthed transphobia to himself!

I am sure your lovelies feel like a real men now, after all it takes a real man to beat on a 69 year old.

So he's supposed to carry a neon sign around saying he's 69? Could be taken as an offer, depending on preferences. gigglem.gif Get real - the LB's wouldn't have had a clue how old he was, all falangs probably look the same to them. Som nam nah.

I wonder if the guy goes round insulting people late at night in Manchester just because of his personal hatred issues, if he did I imagine his injuries would be alot worse.

He's a classic example of an individual who is fighting his inner attraction to lady boys. Hence, he fears his own homosexuality.

Quote : Mr. Murphy revealed to Police his hatred of Ladyboy’s and this led him to throw verbal profanities in the direction of the group of transsexuals...

Too bad we're not in the times of Queen Victoria any more, hey, Murph ? Insulting faggots, spewing hatred towards yellow or black skinned people, taking so much from the blessed 'colonies' and giving nothing in return, all of that was fine and dandy back then ... ah, those were the days, huh, Murph ?

All too often, I see nasty comments on this Forum about 'Politically Correct' attitudes, by people who obviously wish to forget that, notwithstanding certain ridiculous exaggerations, the PC stance actually reflects an effort to accept, include and respect people who do not belong to the majority. The sum of minorities, by the way, happens to make a majority.

Most of the time, PC, like it or not, is an effort towards more civilization. And frankly in most Pattaya visitors or expats, such as this retarded Brit, I see more of Neanderthal than Voltaire.

I am surprised there are many on this forum who support the ladyboys and their behaviour. Yes ,it takes two to tango but this farang was obviously set upon by some feral male skanks. He is almost 70 years old and two young male thugs (katoeys) beat him up. Ladyboys are responsible for most of the druggings and deaths. Farang numbers in Pattaya have dropped right off.

Obviously a man of his age shouldnt be in Pattaya and certainly not wandering around the beach strip.

The last time i walked down Beach road was 2011 and it reminded me of Kings Cross, Sydney. Virtually all the Thais were yaba/heroin junkies or ladyboys. The farangs were mostly European men in their sixties wandering around in cargo shorts and singlets. Sex tourists . Always wear trousers ,shirt &shoes and Thais will think youre an expat who knows the scams.

I will never bother going there again. Beaches in England would be alot cleaner than Pattaya. You cant swim in the gulf.

What is it with these bingo players? They really seem retarded at times.

Was sat in a bar in Singers last night watching some fool slurring at a 60 year old thai harlot…."call anna….please call anna for me…..calll anna" …. he just went on and on.

Anna was probably busy working.

And who in their right mind tells a ladyboy to F$%# off?

You seem to be well informed who Anna is ? biggrin.png

You get what you ask for. I've never had a problem with them. But then I don't go calling them names and shit.

You and I grew up in very different worlds. In my world, the only acceptable reason to attack someone is an imminent threat to myself or my loved ones.

There was no threat. The altercation was over. Yet these LB's went out of their way to attack the guy. I'm pretty sure that would be illegal in about 50 states, every country in Europe and in Thailand.

Please be kind enough to read: Provocation In English Law. Section 3 of the Homicide Act 1957.. Insult someone at your peril matey

Just what we need in Thailand - another one thinking problems are best sorted with a gun.facepalm.gif

On November 11th 1975 I sorted a problem with a gun. A gang of Pacific Islanders were beating and robbing a man they had just knocked to the pavement and were in the process of kicking senseless. I put an end to their criminal assault and held the ringleader until the police arrived. Do you think you could have done any better without a gun?

Please be kind enough to read: Provocation In English Law. Section 3 of the Homicide Act 1957.. Insult someone at your peril matey

I just did, and here's what I found...on Wikipedia

In English law, provocation was a mitigatory defence alleging a total loss of control as a response to another's provocative conduct sufficient to convert what would otherwise have been murder into manslaughter. It does not apply to any other offence. It was abolished on 4 October 2010.

There didn't seem to be a murder before Oct 4, 2010 in the story here... And if there had been, manslaughter is still a crime.

I wonder if the guy goes round insulting people late at night in Manchester just because of his personal hatred issues, if he did I imagine his injuries would be alot worse.

He's a classic example of an individual who is fighting his inner attraction to lady boys. Hence, he fears his own homosexuality.

Your post is more like a classic example of ladyboy lover assuming all should enjoy shtooping another man.

I do not want to be touched or proposed by a man, let alone a man with boobs.

Beach is NOT a gay town and despite what gay boys think, straight men do not do other men, no matter what shape or form other man comes in.

And for the record, these drugged beings do not propose they grab you physically

On November 11th 1975 I sorted a problem with a gun. A gang of Pacific Islanders were beating and robbing a man they had just knocked to the pavement and were in the process of kicking senseless. I put an end to their criminal assault and held the ringleader until the police arrived. Do you think you could have done any better without a gun?

First of all, kudos to you for stepping in -- a brave thing to do.

However, there are millions of people with registered guns around the world and stories like yours are probably less than one in a million. Perhaps you have some type of hero gene (I'm not being smart) and happened to encounter a situation that the great majority of people never will, and if they did, they'd likely do everything possible not to get involved. So, I just can't agree that a few rare situations where citizens are successful at being spontaneous vigilantes justifies loose gun laws compared to the number of people who are killed by them through violent crime or even accidents.

Just smile and say "no thanks" and point ahead and say "my girlfriend is waiting for me".

What's so difficult about that?

Maybe it has to do with having an IQ lower than his age, 55555.

Throw in 15 large Changs, an ex-wife back home who is driving him mad, the loss of his footy team and a dodgy curry that has him running to the loo all day.

I understand the poor bloke

"Provocation.
Where on a charge of murder there is evidence on which the jury can find that the person charged was provoked (whether by things done or by things said or by both together) to lose his self-control, the question whether the provocation was enough to make a reasonable man do as he did shall be left to be determined by the jury; and in determining that question the jury shall take into account everything both done and said according to the effect which, in their opinion, it would have on a reasonable man."

Not sure what a thuggish attack on a tourist has to do with an outdated English law about homicide..

It appears to obvious me that these thugs provoked a man going about his business and harassed him. It happens on daily basis.

Had they not bothered him I feel certain he'd have unleashed a verbal attack on him.

Trying to justify violence is never easy.

I'm somewhat astounded by the number of folk on this thread condoning violence.

I'm sure most of know exactly how these men behave and their pack mentality, and penchant for causing trouble with the aim of robbing people.

Clearly it is wrong to verbally abuse someone because of gender. That in itself does not justify a violent assault.

This act will be reported and visible across the globe. It gives the country a bad reputation which, in turn, will have detrimental effect on local businesses all over the country.

I do hope the users of this site consider what goes around, comes around and if we condone violent attack on this man do not be surprised when it comes your way!

No - but how do you think it would have gone for you if they had had guns too? I suspect we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Archived