Brit beaten-up by Ladyboy’s on Pattaya Beach Promenade

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is wrong with people of this age. So he dislikes ladyboys, no need for the profanities jst pratice what the three wise monkeys do, see nothing, hear nothing and say bloody nothing. One would think at his age that he would have learnt to put his brain into gear before engaging his mouth. But then if he had had a skinful, his mouth would be running on automatic.

Just what we need in Thailand - another one thinking problems are best sorted with a gun.facepalm.gif

On November 11th 1975 I sorted a problem with a gun. A gang of Pacific Islanders were beating and robbing a man they had just knocked to the pavement and were in the process of kicking senseless. I put an end to their criminal assault and held the ringleader until the police arrived. Do you think you could have done any better without a gun?

No - but how do you think it would have gone for you if they had had guns too? I suspect we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Oh no, you stated the obvious.

Can you imagine the fun if all the Ladyboy's [sIC] were weaponised with something more deadly than a set of knuckles and stiletto shoes..

I'm sure many of us wouldn't be here having this conversation.

It is amazing how stupid some people can be, why can he not just smile at them and move on?

I freely admit that I was totally unprepared for my first encounter with aggressive ladyboys when I first hopped off the plane. It's just not something they taught me growing up.

There was no option to "smile and move on". It was smile, get her hand off my crotch, make sure I still had my wallet and passport in my back pocket (another lesson I soon learned...passport) and that those 2 others weren't going to jump me when I was extricated from the first one. I had so much adrenaline going, it could have gone real bad.

4 years on, they're just a nuisance to me, and that complacency itself is a danger...

Agreed. But you should be able to walk around freely without being harassed by these nut jobs. They are the source of many crimes here in Pattaya. Don't want to generalize, but those on beach road late at night need to be dealt with.

I no longer get bothered by them, might have something to do with having my 40kg pitbul with me wink.png

Happy to rent him out on hourly basis smile.png

Had a friend a girl with maybe 40 kg who had an unusual big Rottweiler and always went for a walk in a pretty bad area. She told frequently other women asked her if they can walk along and if she might change the route a bit so it goes closer to their place.....Lovely dog...unfortunately complete untrained and a bit nervous.....

Oh mine has not had any training , since puppy he hates Thai man. No idea why. Loves women but hates Thai man

oh my god ...........what next. another clown who hates thai men ,eh ? coffee1.gif but he employs ladyboys gigglem.gif

Why on earth are you wearing a gold reckless, or any neckless? You are male are you not?

I guess you are asking me that question as I appear to be the only one mentioning a gold 'necklace'.

In my "how to be a man" manual there is no mention of the etiquette for adorning my body with jewellery.

Given that my 8 year old daughter gave it to me I'd hardly say to her "Daddy cannot wear a necklace because Daddy is far too macho to wear gold around his neck"

It's not the wearing or not wearing of things that makes us what we are.

I'd feel sad for a man that could not do as he pleases as it may compromise his ability to be a man in front of his peers., but then again feeling sad isn't something real men do, is it?

I may be wrong I often am.

I am sure if the victim was not provoking the ladyboys, they would have left him alone.

Yes perhaps not attack him, that does not mean not annoy him or try to steal.

Despite what ladyboy lovers like to believe and spout, the reason why ladyboys are so aggressive is because they do not get much business. Might have something to do with targeting straight mengiggle.gif

You do not see attractive girls grabbing guys triple their age, they get enough business and money.

Take a drive down soi 6 after all the bars are shut, you will not see a single female, but will be attacked by hurds of ladyboys hanging around hoping for a customer.

Yes he could have walked past and ignored them, but you do not know if it was only a verbal proposal or a physical grab or a grope or a fondle or they blocked his way.

Surely one should be able to walk on public street without being groped, do not you think?

What an idiot, he got what he deserved, after it would seem he started the confrontation by hurling verbal abuse. Either ignore them, or smile and shake your head, or say no thanks, crazy to antagonise what are effectively young men. I'd like to know why he has a hatred of ladyboys, maybe he had a bad experience once, he's certainly had one now! I guess he'll know better next time.

So it's ok for a group of men, dressed as woman, to assault a person and when he defends himself they can asssault him again? Get a grip.

I think you need to read the story before you criticise my comments. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/878252-brit-beaten-up-by-ladyboys-on-pattaya-beach-promenade/ I think you will find that he was not previously assaulted and insulted the ladyboys thereby provoking the incident. As I said, the idiot got what he deserved.

Agreed. But you should be able to walk around freely without being harassed by these nut jobs. They are the source of many crimes here in Pattaya. Don't want to generalize, but those on beach road late at night need to be dealt with.

Sure, but had he kept his hatred and curses to himself nothing had happened. The guy is partly to blame too though it surely does not justify violence.

How do you know his tirade to the ladyboys didn't justify violence. At 3AM it doesn't take a whole lot of bad or heated language to get yourself into trouble. He may well have been asking for a poke on the nose.

Where can I sign the online petition to keep this transphobic individual and his anti-transgender hate speech from entering the UK?

Set one up and let us all know how you get on.

Good luck..

I just might...especially as we're given his name as Leslie Patrick Murphy. However, it's probably enough that this individual is forever memorialized on the internet as the self-admitted transgenderphobic hatemonger that was given a whooping by some ladies who didn't take kindly to his attitude.

But surely you don't condone this? Unpleasant attitude or not, he didn't deserve to be beaten up by these thugs.

He didn't get beat up, he got hit on the nose. Well could be he deserved it. It is not like he got beat down and boots to the head. What would have happened to him if he'd used the same language and attitude to some youths in the UK at 3AM ?

He didn't get beat up, he got hit on the nose. Well could be he deserved it. It is not like he got beat down and boots to the head. What would have happened to him if he'd used the same language and attitude to some youths in the UK at 3AM ?

What do you think would have happened in UK if a ladyboy proposed or groped someone on the street?

It is amazing how stupid some people can be, why can he not just smile at them and move on?

I freely admit that I was totally unprepared for my first encounter with aggressive ladyboys when I first hopped off the plane. It's just not something they taught me growing up.

There was no option to "smile and move on". It was smile, get her hand off my crotch, make sure I still had my wallet and passport in my back pocket (another lesson I soon learned...passport) and that those 2 others weren't going to jump me when I was extricated from the first one. I had so much adrenaline going, it could have gone real bad.

4 years on, they're just a nuisance to me, and that complacency itself is a danger...

I had the same problem with aggressive ladygirls when I first came to Thailand...always grabing my junk and stuff when walking around town. One lives and learns.

Try to come to grips with your repressed homosexuality...maybe start by admiring your junk in a mirror. Straight men who are secure in their sexuality don't fear the sexual preferences of others.

I am sorry to disappoint you, i am not attracted to a man in a dress. I know it is to your liking.

Feel free to enjoy it, but do not call yourself a straight man and do not preach about sexual preferences,

You are more confused than any friend of Dorothythumbsup.gif

You get what you ask for. I've never had a problem with them. But then I don't go calling them names and shit.

People need to calm down.... that guy that got beaten up asked for it... He shouldn't be surprised at what happened.

You and I grew up in very different worlds. In my world, the only acceptable reason to attack someone is an imminent threat to myself or my loved ones.

There was no threat. The altercation was over. Yet these LB's went out of their way to attack the guy. I'm pretty sure that would be illegal in about 50 states, every country in Europe and in Thailand.

There is no excuse for what they did.

Please be kind enough to read: Provocation In English Law. Section 3 of the Homicide Act 1957.. Insult someone at your peril matey

"Provocation.
Where on a charge of murder there is evidence on which the jury can find that the person charged was provoked (whether by things done or by things said or by both together) to lose his self-control, the question whether the provocation was enough to make a reasonable man do as he did shall be left to be determined by the jury; and in determining that question the jury shall take into account everything both done and said according to the effect which, in their opinion, it would have on a reasonable man."

Not sure what a thuggish attack on a tourist has to do with an outdated English law about homicide..

It appears to obvious me that these thugs provoked a man going about his business and harassed him. It happens on daily basis.

Had they not bothered him I feel certain he'd have unleashed a verbal attack on him.

Trying to justify violence is never easy.

I'm somewhat astounded by the number of folk on this thread condoning violence.

I'm sure most of know exactly how these men behave and their pack mentality, and penchant for causing trouble with the aim of robbing people.

Clearly it is wrong to verbally abuse someone because of gender. That in itself does not justify a violent assault.

This act will be reported and visible across the globe. It gives the country a bad reputation which, in turn, will have detrimental effect on local businesses all over the country.

I do hope the users of this site consider what goes around, comes around and if we condone violent attack on this man do not be surprised when it comes your way!

You have an excellent point. But I certainly do not condone violence, and I know people should go about their business in peace..as the man was, and the ladyboys were..The fella should have politely refused and walked on, but he issued grossly offensive remarks..From then on everything went 'tits up',[ pun intended ] Its just not a good plan to insult a Thai in his or her own country. Good manners = peace.

Well........ being verbally assaulted does not warrant a physical assault in return.

Anywhere you go in the world you may find out the hard way that verbally assaulting someone may very well end up resulting in the person or persons having been verbally assaulted believing they are justified in physically assaulting you.

Of course they are wrong....but he was the one that was hurt while being right verses who was wrong did not stop what happened to him.

So lesson learned is: Do not be verbally assaulting people you do not know.....regardless of your opinion and or your beliefs in free speech and your rights to say what you please....circumstances prevailing.

In his case, in return, he received some rights and some lefts...lol

Cheers

Your post is more like a classic example of ladyboy lover assuming all should enjoy shtooping another man.

I do not want to be touched or proposed by a man, let alone a man with boobs.

Beach is NOT a gay town and despite what gay boys think, straight men do not do other men, no matter what shape or form other man comes in.

And for the record, these drugged beings do not propose they grab you physically

I see...so by your own powers of reasoning I'm a ladyboy lover who assumes all should enjoy "shtooping" (whatever that means.) another man because I think people who go out of their way to antagonize homosexuals fear their own homosexuality. Truly Amazing! As for the reast of your commentary; it sounds to me like you've got your own private war going on with the lady boys so I think it would be wise of me to just let you and them fight it out. biggrin.png Cheers!

When you come to live in Thailand you MUST accept and respect all types of people being who they are,including Ladyboys,Tomboys,gays,lesbians etc etc.Yes we all know that a few of the Ladyboys can be a pain in the ass ( literally i would imagine.....) kind respect where due....

But if you start hating people for being what they want to be then trouble will come your way...

Live your life and ignore them but this Alf Garnett attitude will only make things worse.

F.J thumbsup.gif x

Not all katoeys are men caught in a woman's body. Before coming to TH I never heard about men changing their sex just as a way to make money.

You are born male but see many women making an 'easy' living by selling their flesh. Years go by and it turns out that you don't really have any skills or too much brains, but poverty or greed is usually the main reason.

I've even seen cases where whole families save up for the son to be 'changed' and sent off to Bangers or New Blackpool to start making big bucks only to find out that there are another 100 thousand guys who had the same idea.

It can't be true, that so many Thai men feel they are women. In many cases it's psychological, identity problems, a business venture, little boys hanging out with aunty Lek and granny Noi too much, who dress him up, spoil him to a state that he can't even clean his own bum at 8, the other villagers brainwashing him to be feminine. I've seen this first hand.

Not saying all ladyboys are money hungry wolverines but the copycat culture has generated a huge surplus of them and the competition is very tough hence the hassle in some areas, incl. New Blackpool, Patong, Patpong, etc

Not all katoeys are men caught in a woman's body. Before coming to TH I never heard about men changing their sex just as a way to make money.

You are born male but see many women making an 'easy' living by selling their flesh. Years go by and it turns out that you don't really have any skills or too much brains, but poverty or greed is usually the main reason.

I've even seen cases where whole families save up for the son to be 'changed' and sent off to Bangers or New Blackpool to start making big bucks only to find out that there are another 100 thousand guys who had the same idea.

It can't be true, that so many Thai men feel they are women. In many cases it's psychological, identity problems, a business venture, little boys hanging out with aunty Lek and granny Noi too much, who dress him up, spoil him to a state that he can't even clean his own bum at 8, the other villagers brainwashing him to be feminine. I've seen this first hand.

Not saying all ladyboys are money hungry wolverines but the copycat culture has generated a huge surplus of them and the competition is very tough hence the hassle in some areas, incl. New Blackpool, Patong, Patpong, etc

You may find in many families where boy was unfortunate to be born to a hooker of a mother who was hoping for a girl , mother and grandmother would raise the boy as a girl ie making him into a ladyboy to earn them money while they sit on their lazy asses and do nothing.

Those I do feel sorry for as they never had a choice, however it stil does not give them an excuse to harass people physically or verbally.

Not so hard to seek out ladyboy lovers , they would hang around ladyboy bars.

You may find in many families where boy was unfortunate to be born to a hooker of a mother who was hoping for a girl , mother and grandmother would raise the boy as a girl ie making him into a ladyboy to earn them money while they sit on their lazy asses and do nothing.

Those I do feel sorry for as they never had a choice, however it stil does not give them an excuse to harass people physically or verbally.

Not so hard to seek out ladyboy lovers , they would hang around ladyboy bars.

Your "story" is about the most absurd I have ever read. Straight out of a fiction novel. 5555

Archived