BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tywais

Smoke, Smog, Dust 2016-2017 Chiang Mai

"We gotta get out of this place..."

At this precise moment, how far would you need to go south from CM to get away from the smoke? Would, say Sukothai be far enough? Would it help to go to somewhere higher up, a hill resort etc?

Thanks

This smoke is terrible, how anyone voluntarily lives through it is beyond me. I am looking for a way out.

Are you being serious or making an ironic statement? the air isn't terrible, it's barely noticeable at the moment. Another few weeks until it really gets going. If you think it's bad now, I think you really need to find that way out over the next week or so.

This smoke is terrible, how anyone voluntarily lives through it is beyond me. I am looking for a way out.

Are you being serious or making an ironic statement? the air isn't terrible, it's barely noticeable at the moment. Another few weeks until it really gets going. If you think it's bad now, I think you really need to find that way out over the next week or so.

This. ^^^

How funny.

Perhaps NormadStrategy (or someone in his family) has a certain allergy from the smoke, hence his sensitivity is several times higher than the average pax.

Eg during the 2015 indonesian haze, some individuals start dripping snort at as low as PM2.5 50 ug/m3 in as fast as an hour or 2.

As for me, i start to have mild headaches as low as 50ug/m3 PM2.5 and 6 hours.

Pai mountains on fire drove today Mae Hong son the whole way was covered by smoke and street site fires- saw even now bicycle drivers doing obviously the loop wanted to stop and ask them what they think they are doing but than again not my business- flights booked out of here in two weeks a bit too late but soon enough to escape the hell of March

I believe we can safely, or unsafely, say that the smoke season has arrived in force today. Driving from Mae Hia on the Canal road to CMU the mountains were completely hidden in the haze and my eyes were burning. PM10 now exceeding safe limits as determined by Thai standards.

post-566-0-00480600-1455158718_thumb.jpg

post-566-0-11480800-1455158964_thumb.jpg

Didn't there use to be a monitoring station at Phuping Palace? Can't find it on aqmthai.

The maps suggest smoke gets worse in central Thailand and the Cambodian fires look much worse than here

Don't be fooled by the PM10 AQI of just 101 right now,

Doi suthep is completely gone from view and the PM2.5 AQI is 182!!