Smoke, Smog, Dust 2016-2017 Chiang Mai

Tywais

6 minutes ago, LolaS said:

I believe science and in situ measurement, I don't trust satellite approximation. Aqi website that people like to share here is not a credible source of information and is not based on concrete data.

I don't like your fear mongering if you think that Chiang Mai University is fake institution, I would like to see evidence for your false accusations. 

I'm very surprised to see an almost flatline reading of PM anything over the sort of periods shown above and it doesn't fit with what I've seen in previous years. Burning is typically an evening pastime for the locals in the Province, past PM levels have typically peaked in the early morning and as the heat from the sun reverses the inversion layer the numbers fall at the polluted air is allowed to rise. I'm very suspicious of the integrity of the readings posted.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Sorry, also to add: you realise of course that your readings are totally at odds with what the PCD are reporting currently?

let me find out about the specification of sensors use and apparatus for measurements.

I think perhaps it has more to do with the location of the sensor, the readings indicate that it's almost a closed room environment because there's such little variance. Perhaps take a look at the PCD or AQI sites and pick a sensor series at random and look at the profile over a 24 hour period.

14 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I think perhaps it has more to do with the location of the sensor, the readings indicate that it's almost a closed room environment because there's such little variance. Perhaps take a look at the PCD or AQI sites and pick a sensor series at random and look at the profile over a 24 hour period.

let me check the exact location, position of the sensor, I only know that they are in MeaHia, Suandok and CMU campus.

I only know it comes from IoT lab and what is make from.

1 hour ago, Ruffian Dick said:

This just in: CM air pollution all due to incense smoke from Makha Bucha day. Makes sense don’t it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

this low blow, very distasteful comment about Buddist culture. can we be on topic? this is important subject and people are using a lot of fear mongering. based on unreliable data.

Archived