Smoke, Smog, Dust 2016-2017 Chiang Mai

Tywais

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't there use to be a monitoring station at Phuping Palace? Can't find it on aqmthai.

Yes, but it was a mobile station parked there that apparently had either been removed or no longer reports publicly. My best recollection is that there were (maybe still are) two such vehicles in the province which might be used for special internal purposes. The last concerted reporting I can recall was in in 2007-2008.

Don't be fooled by the PM10 AQI of just 101 right now,

Doi suthep is completely gone from view and the PM2.5 AQI is 182!!

Where are you finding PM2.5 data? All I can find is PM10. All I have to go by is my experience with Singapore's smoky season, but I can tell by sight alone that the AQI is much higher than 101. I live very close to Doi Suthep by the convention center, and can barely see its silhouette from my balcony!

Where are you finding PM2.5 data? All I can find is PM10. All I have to go by is my experience with Singapore's smoky season, but I can tell by sight alone that the AQI is much higher than 101. I live very close to Doi Suthep by the convention center, and can barely see its silhouette from my balcony!

PM2.5 concentration data is available for station 35t or 36t (Chiangmai).

Generally, Singapore haze would look worse than the haze in CM at the same concentration, due to significantly higher relative humidity levels.

The RH vauses the smoke particles to expand or something like that, bringing a further loss in visibility. Was reported in the SG newspapers.

On a clear day I can see Doi Saket hills from my condo located on lower slopes of Doi Suthep.

Today visibility only half way across city.

My cough, first sign for me, has started.

I have book all of March away, seaside down Prachuap.

john

Didn't there use to be a monitoring station at Phuping Palace? Can't find it on aqmthai.

There used to be four stations in Chiangmai, including Phuping palace, now there's only two. They are shown as Chang Phueak and Si Phum in the Air4Thai iOS app. One of then is Yupparaj Wittayalai School shown on the

http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/chiangmai/yupparaj-wittayalai-school/ web page but I don't know which. Both Air4Thai sites are in the "Unhealthy" zone right now :-{

Wow...station 24t Saraburi got a max of 554 m3/hr 1hr PM10 peak on 9th 2100h. Over these 3.5 days, the averaged PM10 concentration was 207 ug/m3. The PM2.5 is usually much higher.

That is gonna be painful, and it's not even mid Feb.

Don't worry, it will all clear up next week as burning is banned after Feb 16th.

Surely the Thai authorities wont allow blatant illegal activities once the ban comes into effect.

You're new here aren't you!

What's happening right now is simply a warm up for the main event, it's just practice, perfecting the technique as it were.

Generally, Singapore haze would look worse than the haze in CM at the same concentration, due to significantly higher relative humidity levels.

The RH vauses the smoke particles to expand or something like that, bringing a further loss in visibility. Was reported in the SG newspapers.

What specific url (or more) are you using to get PM<2.5 data for Chiang Mai? Some previous AQI data seems unavailable now.

Ah, I see now. Had to get out the laptop to work it correctly, the site doesn't play nice with mobile. Also important to note, PM2.5 data is ONLY available for the Sri Phum station. The Chang Phueak station doesn't provide that option.

Archived