Jump to content
BANGKOK 21 April 2019 23:04

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tywais

Smoke, Smog, Dust 2016-2017 Chiang Mai

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, scotbeve said:

Looks far too low compared with others.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

there are no others station in CMU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2018 at 2:14 PM, CheGuava said:

 

Capture.JPG.2e09b2863b6954ca3286d336bdcfc4de.JPG

 

Values look really low, I think something is off with that one.  The average for the day shows around 25 ug/m3, that's mid-yellow on the US EPA AQI scale, around 80 US AQI.   All other stations today show about 108-147 US AQI. 

Yes, that is CMU, it is abbreviation for Chiang Mai University, location near Angew lake, or wat umong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2018 at 2:14 PM, CheGuava said:

 

Capture.JPG.2e09b2863b6954ca3286d336bdcfc4de.JPG

 

Values look really low, I think something is off with that one.  The average for the day shows around 25 ug/m3, that's mid-yellow on the US EPA AQI scale, around 80 US AQI.   All other stations today show about 108-147 US AQI. 

Yes, that is CMU, it is abbreviation for Chiang Mai University, location near Angew lake, or wat umo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

CMU Air Alert ดูข้อมูล real-time วันนี้ฝุ่นน้อยกว่าเมื่อวานครับ ดูข้อมูลปััจจุบันคลิก ... https://app.ubidots.com/…/…/page/gAfjzNIxwBZ0AsYwALovqce9KtA 
หมายเหตุ: เนื่องจากมีมติสภา มช. เมื่อสัปดาห์ที่แล้ว ให้ทำแอป CMU Air Alert ซึ่งผมได้รับข่าวแจ้งจากหัวหน้าศูนย์วิจัยวัสดุฯและหัวหน้าภาควิชาฟิสิกส์ฯ ผ่านลงมา ผมเลยอาสาทำให้ฟรีเป็นเวอร์ชันแบบแจ้งเตือนกลุ่มไลน์ พร้อมกับแสดงกราฟและตัวเลขในเว็บแบบ real-time ครับ http://line.me/R/ti/g/xXN9f4LVdi (เข้าร่วมกลุ่มไลน์ CMU Air Alert ให้ copy ลิงค์นี้ส่งให้เพื่อนในไลน์ก่อน แล้วคลิกลิ้งค์นี้ในไลน์ บนหน้าจอโทรศัพท์มือถือ)

 

They update for all 3 campuses of CMU, meahia, suandok and main campus

the link to line groups is inside

 

No automatic alt text available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone recommend any places to get masks? guessing there are differing levels of quality.

 

our school has sent a letter to parents requesting they get masks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe science and in situ measurement, I don't trust satellite approximation. Aqi website that people like to share here is not a credible source of information and is not based on concrete data.

 

I don't like your fear mongering if you think that Chiang Mai University is fake institution, I would like to see evidence for your false accusations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LolaS said:

I believe science and in situ measurement, I don't trust satellite approximation. Aqi website that people like to share here is not a credible source of information and is not based on concrete data.

 

I don't like your fear mongering if you think that Chiang Mai University is fake institution, I would like to see evidence for your false accusations. 

I'm very surprised to see an almost flatline reading of PM anything over the sort of periods shown above and it doesn't fit with what I've seen in previous years. Burning is typically an evening pastime for the locals in the Province, past PM levels have typically peaked in the early morning and as the heat from the sun reverses the inversion layer the numbers fall at the polluted air is allowed to rise. I'm very suspicious of the integrity of the readings posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, also to add: you realise of course that your readings are totally at odds with what the PCD are reporting currently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off topic posts have been removed. 

 

An inflammatory post has been removed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Sorry, also to add: you realise of course that your readings are totally at odds with what the PCD are reporting currently?

let me find out about the specification of sensors use and apparatus for measurements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Sorry, also to add: you realise of course that your readings are totally at odds with what the PCD are reporting currently?

28238639_1748598401845702_86687164786245

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think perhaps it has more to do with the location of the sensor, the readings indicate that it's almost a closed room environment because there's such little variance. Perhaps take a look at the PCD or AQI sites and pick a sensor series at random and look at the profile over a 24 hour period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I think perhaps it has more to do with the location of the sensor, the readings indicate that it's almost a closed room environment because there's such little variance. Perhaps take a look at the PCD or AQI sites and pick a sensor series at random and look at the profile over a 24 hour period.

 

let me check the exact location, position of the sensor, I only know that they are in MeaHia, Suandok and CMU campus.

 

I only know it comes from IoT lab and what is make from.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...