The Christmas Lunch/Dinner Thread 2015

smokie36

Had a great Christmas dinner this week at Dean & Deluca main store at mahanakhon cube (bts chong nonsi ). American style roast turkey with all the trimmings 600 baht. Had it at lunchtime. Heaping plate of turkey, stuffing, gravy, mash &veggies brussel sprouts.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am looking for a turkey dinner near Asoke BTS. Any suggestions ?

As I replied earlier in this thread, Dean and Delucca has that Christmas special, and there is a branch at Ploenchit, which is only two BTS stops from Asoke located at Park Ventures Ecoplex, right off BTS.

OK to start the Crossbar's Xmas offering...

All of these "puddings" get me confused. Christmas pudding is like a small cake, is that correct? (Whereas black pudding is more like a sausage and Yorkshire pudding is like a big puffy piece of bread.....)

I popped into No Idea to see what they are offering and they are open and serving their normal menu....handy for anyone who wants to avoid turkey I suppose.

Yeah, I checked their website too and was disappointed to see that. In years past they have done a special Christmas menu but apparently not this year.

Hmm. Bourbon Street is looking good...

I like that no need to book option...

If previous years is anything to go by Bourbon street will be very busy.

Best to go a hour or so before you want to eat and have a drink outside on the terrace.

Last year at 8pm there was around 10 people in front of us waiting on tables

And it had been the same all day.

The year before we ate outside on the terrace to save waiting.

The food is good with plenty of choice

If you go you will not be disappointed.

^^^^ I avoid ++ places like the plauge.

I'm willing to overlook that at Xmas....its still a lot cheaper than the Intercontinental for example lol.

The issue for me is my gf would probably rather just have some Thai food....she's not a fan of roast dinners!

Thus spending 1k Baht plus for her is poor value for money...and she hates that even more than turkey!!

Archived