Rayong Labor Department

I will need to get a work permit soon, and I work in Rayong. I have a non O based on marriage and apparently a person is allowed to work on such a visa. For some reason Rayong has taken it on their own authority to only issue WP's to people with non B's. Anyone know of any workarounds? How a place can be rogue is still beyond me... but there you have it.

Can I get a WP in BKK if I work in Rayong... any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Did you hear it directly from the work permit office that they would not do it or were you told that by somebody else?

A copy of your marriage certificate attached to the work permit application should be accepted.

You must apply for the work permit in the province where you are working.

Thanks Ubon Joe, I know that too but 4 years ago my friend here in Rayong was exactly in the position I am now in here in Rayong and he had to leave the country and return with a non B. So yes, four years ago I did hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

I talked to immigration today and he can't help me... apples oranges thing. I don't think that labor will have changed their policy so I am just trying to find options before I am {most likely} faced with the problem.

Questions:

1. Can labor head office make the regional offices follow the law?

2. (most likely yes) Can regional labor offices make up their own laws?

3. Can this be sorted with the help of a lawyer?

4. What are my options?

Wait and see ... I know ... I know... but being prepared with a wise response is better than not being prepared...

Thanks y'all

Rather than going by 2nd hand info you should go to the work permit office with your marriage certificate (perhaps an up to date Kor Ror 2 also) and ask them about their current policy. Things do change in 4 years.

1. You could try to contact the ministry to make a complaint about the local office not following the regulations (not a law).

2. Many offices make up their own local rules and policy (again not laws)

3. Maybe

4. Answered already.