VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round

Jingthing

VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's that magical time of year again. partytime2.gif

The "holiday" season? Festivus? Kwanzaa? Two a's ... really? War on Christmas?

HECK NO!

It's the THAIVISA.COM Poster of the Year Voting Contest 2015!

Please VOTE for as many or as little as you want for the Thaivisa Poster of the Year Voting Contest 2015.

In case you don't like any of them, vote for the ONE that makes you want to vomit the least. You know, like elections everywhere!

You are free to delete or change your vote at any time before the deadline.

Now that's entertainment.

We started with the NOMINATION phase (if you missed it, sorry, maybe next year), and then we needed to cut down the candidates to 20 for this here SEMIFINAL.

So these 20 "esteemed" members, the cream of the crop as it were, are all there for you to pick ... ONE.

The voting DEADLINE for these semifinals is:

Thursday 24 December, at midnight
(Christmas eve.)

The RESULTS of this will be our TOP 5 for the GRANDE FINALE, where the ONE, the winner will finally be crowned on New Year's Eve.

I will be on hand, in and out, out and in, as your polling master of ceremonies. post-4641-1156694083.gif

Reading all the posts from all the members, no matter how inane or insane, and the sensible ones too, responding to some, doing my best to keep this road on the show.

Happy voting and may the best BLOWHARD win!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A short note about the forum placement of this VOTING contest.

Notice this is in the GENERAL FORUM which is a high exposure, more "respectable" forum.

This is where we want it to be.

However ... IF this voting contest degrades into a non-stop BICKERING FESTIVAL, it will banished to the "Siberia" of Farang Pub.

So, PLEASE get the hint and keep the bickering on the more CIVIL side, OK?

Bantering? Yes.

Bickering? No.

Edited by Jingthing

Can you please tell why Sheryl is not on the list?

Sure I will do that.

The reason Sheryl is not on the list is that moderators are not eligible for this contest. That guideline is actually endorsed by the management here. Of course most of us admire some of the mods very much, particularly the "star" mods such as Sheryl and Ubonjoe. I'm sure both of them (and some others) well understand how much they are appreciated.

But -- this contest is for regular members only.

This semifinal list above of the TOP 20 was determined by a recent "Runoff" voting poll where a larger number of nominations was thinned out.

I know some have complained that they didn't even know about the nominations. I am hoping that the visibility of this contest can be improved in future years to diminish that issue.

Edited by Jingthing

Im using an app on android phone...I don't see a list of names or voting mechanisms anywhere...

Unfortunately, that isn't supported.

To vote you can load the forum on a browser and login:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/

oh dear.. who will this benefit most i wonder?

Will SB be able to vote for himself?

I'd say it skews things unfairly towards the gray vote - those who spend their time sitting at their computers, rather than my fans who are of course young, dynamic people on the move, posting from their smartphone with one hand whilst they hang off the back of a pickup truck headed to some exciting destination.

Unless I win, of course. Then it's fine.

Can you please tell why Sheryl is not on the list?

Sure I will do that.

The reason Sheryl is not on the list is that moderators are not eligible for this contest. That guideline is actually endorsed by the management here. Of course most of us admire some of the mods very much, particularly the "star" mods such as Sheryl and Ubonjoe. I'm sure both of them (and some others) well understand how much they are appreciated.

But -- this contest is for regular members only.

This semifinal list above of the TOP 20 was determined by a recent "Runoff" voting poll where a larger number of nominations was thinned out.

I know some have complained that they didn't even know about the nominations. I am hoping that the visibility of this contest can be improved in future years to diminish that issue.

If Sheryl is not on the list I don't vote.....That is like elections in Iran.....

I can't decide who to vote for, can i change my vote or is this the last one?

Ah, well. Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

Sorry JT, i just read the instructions again. I may change my vote numerous times in the next week. Good.

Shise, i should have voted for me. I have no votes yet!!

JT, sweetie, I just realized this is a "semi-final" contest. Does this mean that the candidate list is going to be narrowed down again, all the votes wiped out and I'll have to ask my supporters to vote one more time? They're busy people, you know.

If Sheryl is not on the list I don't vote.....That is like elections in Iran.....

Voting is not required. Neither is posting on a thread with a voting contest that you don't approve.

You promised you put me on your ignore list......

Where was the nomination phase? I see many posters i recognize, a few I don't, a couple I would have nominated.

My apologies, but who are these posters?

Crazy chef1? Food forum?

Villagefarang? Posts some photos?

Meatboy? who?

Could they provide some information on themselves?

As for who is Villagefarang, yes I do post some pictures but I also start topics in various forums from time to time. Here are a few links to topics I have started.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/876948-driving-mountain-roads-in-northern-thailand-part-1/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/257672-finished-house-picture-views-and-gardens-welcome/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/383334-good-things-topic/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/757085-the-expat-divide/

The following is copied from my Profile Page.

I live in a house, in a field, in a valley, with a view ...

I have lived in Thailand my entire adult life. Soon after completing my studies, I moved to Bangkok. I was not sent here by military, government, god or corporation. I just bought a ticket and boarded a plane with no real plan. I had no idea what I would do or how I would stay here. Somehow it all worked out.
I have been treated well by Thais and Thailand. You will hear no horror stories from me about this place I call home. I seem to have very little in common with the average retiree these days and struggle to reconcile their vision of Thailand with mine.
After 30 years in Bangkok I moved to Chiang Rai and not long after I joined ThaiVisa.
Edited by villagefarang

Where was the nomination phase? I see many posters i recognize, a few I don't, a couple I would have nominated.

My apologies, but who are these posters?

Crazy chef1? Food forum?

Villagefarang? Posts some photos?

Meatboy? who?

Could they provide some information on themselves?

And who are you`?

I'm patsycat. And i am a bit drunk.

But not as much as last year, where i think a lot of people were drunk for days on end!!