VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round

Jingthing

VOTE NOW: Poster of the Year 2015 Sizzlin' Hot Semifinal Round  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about giving us a link to the Posters??

You can look at profiles and PM anyone......smile.png

Though that will tell you nothing....Read input over the year is really what the 'contest' is about. Or if you have been fortunate enough to listen to my CD vol. 2 it will be a cinch for you....laugh.png

Vol 3 has the more pleasant sounds

As for who is Villagefarang, yes I do post some pictures but I also start topics in various forums from time to time. Here are a few links to topics I have started.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/876948-driving-mountain-roads-in-northern-thailand-part-1/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/257672-finished-house-picture-views-and-gardens-welcome/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/383334-good-things-topic/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/757085-the-expat-divide/

The following is copied from my Profile Page.

I live in a house, in a field, in a valley, with a view ...

I have lived in Thailand my entire adult life. Soon after completing my studies, I moved to Bangkok. I was not sent here by military, government, god or corporation. I just bought a ticket and boarded a plane with no real plan. I had no idea what I would do or how I would stay here. Somehow it all worked out.
I have been treated well by Thais and Thailand. You will hear no horror stories from me about this place I call home. I seem to have very little in common with the average retiree these days and struggle to reconcile their vision of Thailand with mine.
After 30 years in Bangkok I moved to Chiang Rai and not long after I joined ThaiVisa.

Should get the heroes award to. Lived 30 years in Bangkok what a hero. Of course that was then and now is now. You made a good choice in Chiang Rai my g/f comes from there. How you survived no blended in all those years would make an interesting story.

NancyL without a doubt, especially for all the BS she has to put up with, from TV members, but still manages to post very readable and helpful items of interest.

Good on ya, ma'am - and all the best for 2016! thumbsup.gif

Amen brother she is a real rock. Rock on Nancy. She is also a bit of a fashion plate in all those flowery dresses. Easy to spot shopping at Tops always a smile and a kind word. They do not come much better. Would make one heck of a president oops wait a minute she already is one.

Thanks Gordie, but I'm no longer at liberty to go out to Immigration Promenada and wait in the queue for you.

I am Canuckamuck. I am here because I can never get enough deep intellectual debate. Thaivisa gives me that outlet. I have been in Thailand since 2003, Thai visa since 2004, retired at 37. Now I spend my days calculating dark matter densities in remote sectors of the galaxy. I am saving up for a telescope because my eyes aren’t what they use to be.

Sometimes I think about giving up and going back to the merpeople, but I will miss all this air - even the Chiang Rai air. Vote for me and I will donate 500 trillion dollars to an unregistered charity of my choice.

Well well well another interesting history. Retired at 37 hmm would like to hear more on that here unless its a Canadian secret and he would have to do us in after he told us. I sometimes spend time calculating dark matter as that is what I might be faced with after I push off. Density hmm the weight of ashes blowing in the wind although alive I can be a bit dense at times. Sometimes for a brief moment I think of giving up and returning but returning to what? selfish children leave us in your will dad. I got a real eye opener here watching the sacrifices Thai children make for their parents. Thai culture seems better than mine in that respect. Thanks for the offer of a generous donation but I did not vote for you you would have been a close 2nd choice. Large sums of money no longer grab my attention. What does grab my attention is the wonderful person I voted for who gives more than money that special something that one cannot put a price on. She motors on burning up positive energy of which she seems to have an endless supply. There is a bit of a wordsmith in me but I have come to learn that actions speak louder than words and have a greater impact. Just watch the GOP debates to get my drift.

I am Canuckamuck. I am here because I can never get enough deep intellectual debate. Thaivisa gives me that outlet. I have been in Thailand since 2003, Thai visa since 2004, retired at 37. Now I spend my days calculating dark matter densities in remote sectors of the galaxy. I am saving up for a telescope because my eyes aren’t what they use to be.

Sometimes I think about giving up and going back to the merpeople, but I will miss all this air - even the Chiang Rai air. Vote for me and I will donate 500 trillion dollars to an unregistered charity of my choice.

Well well well another interesting history. Retired at 37 hmm would like to hear more on that here unless its a Canadian secret and he would have to do us in after he told us. I sometimes spend time calculating dark matter as that is what I might be faced with after I push off. Density hmm the weight of ashes blowing in the wind although alive I can be a bit dense at times. Sometimes for a brief moment I think of giving up and returning but returning to what? selfish children leave us in your will dad. I got a real eye opener here watching the sacrifices Thai children make for their parents. Thai culture seems better than mine in that respect. Thanks for the offer of a generous donation but I did not vote for you you would have been a close 2nd choice. Large sums of money no longer grab my attention. What does grab my attention is the wonderful person I voted for who gives more than money that special something that one cannot put a price on. She motors on burning up positive energy of which she seems to have an endless supply. There is a bit of a wordsmith in me but I have come to learn that actions speak louder than words and have a greater impact. Just watch the GOP debates to get my drift.

Gosh, sacrificing Thai children would be quite an eye opener! I hope you put a stop to it.

Gee, Gordie, thanks. I think there was a compliment in there, somewhere. Maybe even an endorsement.

Could you please go to the pool and Tops food court today to drum up some votes? I'm going to be busy. The management of Promenada Mall invited the Board of CM Expats Club to come out this afternoon for a party. Can you imagine? What were they thinking? I wonder if the Immigration bigwigs will be there, too?

Edit: don't worry, most of the CEC Board is coming along, I think to keep me under control.

Hey, TransAm -- do you actually own a TransAm? Your screen name got me to thinking back to the day when Hubby and I owned a 1976 TransAm. We bought it used -- from my mother who was then about the same age I am now. As you can tell, I come from a good gene pool. She was quite the hit in that car when she tooled around running errands, going to ladies lunches, getting her hair done, playing bridge, taking the cats to the vet.

post-68373-0-19707800-1450424121_thumb.j

That was one fun car to drive. Had a great sound system, too.

JT, sweetie, I just realized this is a "semi-final" contest. Does this mean that the candidate list is going to be narrowed down again, all the votes wiped out and I'll have to ask my supporters to vote one more time? They're busy people, you know.

Yes indeed.

The contest includes four phases:

Nominations

Runoff - narrow to TOP 20 (voting)

Semifinals - narrow to TOP 5 (voting)

GRAND FINALE (voting)

If Sheryl is not on the list I don't vote.....That is like elections in Iran.....

Voting is not required. Neither is posting on a thread with a voting contest that you don't approve.

You promised you put me on your ignore list......

For the voting threads, I am reading all posts from everyone. I said this before.

Hey, TransAm -- do you actually own a TransAm? Your screen name got me to thinking back to the day when Hubby and I owned a 1976 TransAm. We bought it used -- from my mother who about the age I am now. As you can tell, I come from a good gene pool. She was quite the hit in that car when she tooled around running errands, going to ladies lunches, getting her hair done, playing bridge.

attachicon.gifPontiacTransAm.jpg

That was one fun car to drive. Had a great sound system, too.

Great post Nance, not often l read stuff close to my heart...Look at my avatar, 1976 Trans, had for over 20 years in the UK, went from being bah.gif to a Ferrari beater on the strip...I miss it like I would miss not to be able to listen to music.. thumbsup.gif ..Fanks.

attachicon.gifPhoto-077.jpg

Once upon a time,I used to own one of those. True.

"https://youtu.be/FJzyz6PIqQM"

Edited by Ron19

JT, sweetie, I just realized this is a "semi-final" contest. Does this mean that the candidate list is going to be narrowed down again, all the votes wiped out and I'll have to ask my supporters to vote one more time? They're busy people, you know.

Yes indeed.

The contest includes four phases:

Nominations

Runoff - narrow to TOP 20 (voting)

Semifinals - narrow to TOP 5 (voting)

GRAND FINALE (voting)

Gawd, JT! I don't remember it being this arduous last year.

Or maybe I didn't notice until December 28th.

Well folks, I am headed off, but not to the Pub. Out to Promenada Mall to see what's shaking there.

Check back in later.

Maybe Hubby can download the photos I look yesterday of Mr. Bitey. Or maybe show me how to do that. Gosh, this contest is teaching me some new skills. First how to upload videos and maybe next how to get photos out of the camera and onto the computer without involving Hubby.

When do the baby photos come out?

Actually, I would like to see some real photos of the contenders so we know who we are dealing with (if they are willing).

I have already seen a photo of the back of Trans's head.

Gee, Gordie, thanks. I think there was a compliment in there, somewhere. Maybe even an endorsement.

Could you please go to the pool and Tops food court today to drum up some votes? I'm going to be busy. The management of Promenada Mall invited the Board of CM Expats Club to come out this afternoon for a party. Can you imagine? What were they thinking? I wonder if the Immigration bigwigs will be there, too?

Edit: don't worry, most of the CEC Board is coming along, I think to keep me under control.

There was more than one compliment there Nancy and I meant them sincerely. You have got me trained I am mailing my 90 days today. Sorry no one in the pool to cool only some B N Bers. Keep you under control? I hope they are up to the challenge.

Where was the nomination phase? I see many posters i recognize, a few I don't, a couple I would have nominated.

My apologies, but who are these posters?

Crazy chef1? Food forum?

Villagefarang? Posts some photos?

Meatboy? who?

Could they provide some information on themselves?

I am PMing all the candidates and inviting them to respond by PM to me with a "formal" introduction statement by midnight tomorrow. To those that respond, I will post them ALL at one time, so that voters can compare and contrast. That is, if anyone responds. Campaigning by candidates is totally optional.