BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theguyfromanotherforum

Nana.... A terrible place to live

I went to see Star Wars last night (crap) and decided to use my points and stay in holiday Inn Express near Nana just for one night.

First of all it's not the "scene" that bothers me, just the amount of dodginess. For example living on ramkhamheang I never even once experienced a taxi driver that won't take me to a destination, let alone not turning on the meter. Today while waiting for a bus to get back home I saw a bunch of Thai ladies flagging a cab and getting flat out refused by I'd say 80% of the drivers. If you are an Indian customer it's much worse. You'd have to negotiate the price.

Another thing is that Thais are a lot more rude. I mean I live 15 kilometers away from Nana and interactions are a lot more pleasant. Maybe around that area Thai people are tired of interacting with tourists, but it's not like I live in another village. It's still the same city.

Also if you live "downtown" you will always be a tourist. I don't feel pleasant walking down the street being asked all the time where I go, need tuktuk or go see lady. Again, this never happens where I live.

Yuck!

you "nailed" it.

those are the reasons I don't live in tourist areas.... I much rather put up with other inconveniences, and be treated like a human being.

When we start missing the crowded, arm tugging, camera clicking mobs of tourist...we jump in the car or take a short plane trip down to the masses. Believe me, it only takes an hour or two of places like that, to start counting our blessings.

Needs bulldozing down, a horrible, horrible place.

No build a fence around it to keep them in.

cockroaches check in..but they don't check out.

that kind of fence.

Let them all go in..and then lock it.

anywhere along that stretch is the pits.

cockroaches check in..but they don't check out.

that kind of fence.

Let them all go in..and then lock it.

Welcome to the Hotel California ....

What did you expect? You live 15km from Nana and you didn't know it was sex tourist central? Hmm, maybe more to this than meets the eye!

What did you expect? You live 15km from Nana and you didn't know it was sex tourist central? Hmm, maybe more to this than meets the eye!

No, please read again. I even said I didn't mind the scene.

So how was the movie? Crap as in bad plot, crap as in too loud, crap as in not like you remember your first star wars movie?

Off topic posts removed.

This is NOT an investigation into the private life of the OP. Nor should he feel the need to justify himself to anyone.

Debate/discuss the subject of the topic NOT the poster.

"Today while waiting for a bus to get back home I saw a bunch of Thai ladies flagging a cab and getting flat out refused by I'd say 80% of the drivers".

That 80% figure is meaningless without knowing how many taxis were involved.

"If you are an Indian customer it's much worse. You'd have to negotiate the price."

Says who? Did you witness the much worse situation of Indians having to negotiate the price? Why is it much worse for Indians to have to negotiate than Thai girls?

Full of Old Sad Desperate Men......, and chuck in a couple of ''Chavs''.... the place is the Pits..., avoid it like the Plague...

Notorious red light areas around the world are not places where charming and friendly people tend to gather.