Nana.... A terrible place to live

theguyfromanotherforum

After 3 months in BKK (On Nut, not even the sex district) I realized that I could never live in that concrete jungle.

Next I gave Bang Saen a try for 2 months, but thought it was not much different from BKK - yet friends from Pataya kept telling us how wonderful Bang Saen was, it's beach and relaxed atmosphere.

I was ready to go back home.

Then my wife talked me into going to her home village in Chanthaburi.

Jungle, fruit trees, poor internet, no Farangs, actually few Thais too, mountain view, 20 km to the next restaurant, market at 7 km.

And I lived happily ever after!

It beats me why you have to tell everybody??

Softly, quietly, please.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full of Old Sad Desperate Men......, and chuck in a couple of ''Chavs''.... the place is the Pits..., avoid it like the Plague...

Must be a different Nana than the one I have seen, the men under 50 year old out number the old blokes by about 100 to one in the Nana I been to.

Not sure why you had to go 15 km to Nana to go see a movie. Holiday Inn Express at Soi 22 or 24 also. There must be 10 other malls closer to your home. I see everyone complaining about Nana area. If you are a long time resident ( over 5 years) it is easy to get bored of the Nana scene.

Nothing has changed. Same types of bars, Same types of working girls. ( some girls still there just older), I would think that you guys ba-ged some of the same girls 10 years ago.

Same snack (bugs) cart, Same indian dudes saying" you are lucky man " Same Taxi drivers, who don't want to drive to an area with alot of traffic,sitting 45 minutes to make 60 baht. Same old drunk Farang wasted on the sidewalks. The only thing different is you or us !

You like the rest of us ( 12 yrs me) have partied there with 100's of girls ( or Guys ; not that there's anything wrong with that ); and see things differently. I bet everyone of you on Thai Visa today, felt like Brad Pitt, when they first arrived at Nana. Loved the girls and atmosphere.

So now there are new guys, who want to be like Brad Pitt, party enjoy the sights and sound of the Big City. Yes, dirty, yes crazy, etc. etc.

I bet everyone of you when you first came to Nana , could not wait to tell your friends about the great time you had. Most of the bars at Nana

have been renovated of the past two years, but still not beautiful. But who cares ! You go there for 2 reasons. 1. Party, drinking, have fun. 2. Find a smile Thai girl for 2 hours.

For me, I still enjoy going with friends 3-4 times a year. But I go there to have fun; not as a Grumpy old man.

There is someone else sitting on your bar stool, and looking ( or more) at your girl.

And you know what, he does care !!!

Enjoy your weekend.

Not sure why you had to go 15 km to Nana to go see a movie. Holiday Inn Express at Soi 22 or 24 also. There must be 10 other malls closer to your home. I see everyone complaining about Nana area. If you are a long time resident ( over 5 years) it is easy to get bored of the Nana scene.

Nothing has changed. Same types of bars, Same types of working girls. ( some girls still there just older), I would think that you guys ba-ged some of the same girls 10 years ago.

Same snack (bugs) cart, Same indian dudes saying" you are lucky man " Same Taxi drivers, who don't want to drive to an area with alot of traffic,sitting 45 minutes to make 60 baht. Same old drunk Farang wasted on the sidewalks. The only thing different is you or us !

You like the rest of us ( 12 yrs me) have partied there with 100's of girls ( or Guys ; not that there's anything wrong with that ); and see things differently. I bet everyone of you on Thai Visa today, felt like Brad Pitt, when they first arrived at Nana. Loved the girls and atmosphere.

So now there are new guys, who want to be like Brad Pitt, party enjoy the sights and sound of the Big City. Yes, dirty, yes crazy, etc. etc.

I bet everyone of you when you first came to Nana , could not wait to tell your friends about the great time you had. Most of the bars at Nana

have been renovated of the past two years, but still not beautiful. But who cares ! You go there for 2 reasons. 1. Party, drinking, have fun. 2. Find a smile Thai girl for 2 hours.

For me, I still enjoy going with friends 3-4 times a year. But I go there to have fun; not as a Grumpy old man.

There is someone else sitting on your bar stool, and looking ( or more) at your girl.

Enjoy your weekend.

I've never been remotely interested in the place. Equal parts tacky and tragic.

Well bucking the trend , I actually enjoy an afternoon there from time to time.

Hope you guys let me leave next time I go there.

Ok..as long as you hose yourself down first

Glad you still enjoy going. If you go to Nana, you go to have fun. Not to complain. If I see you there, I'll buy you a beer !

Enjoy your weekend.

If you have never been there. How would you know ?

Enjoy your weekend.

If you have never been there. How would you know ?

I've been there. Just not through choice.

Off topic posts removed.

This is NOT an investigation into the private life of the OP. Nor should he feel the need to justify himself to anyone.

Debate/discuss the subject of the topic NOT the poster.

Charlie, an excellent intervention and explanation. Well stated. Keep up the good work to stop the mindless attacks on people here. It seems to me that many on here are getting bitter more and more. Maybe time for them to move to "greener" pastures.

I do enjoy meeting travelers from all over the world. Your experiences depend somewhat on your viewpoint. Also I met a lovely Muslim girl. She lights up a room. Go on and mess with this statement. I am better for the experience.

Yes there are negatives.

Spent last week end in Soi 4 and a night in NEP as well as one in Soi 11.

had a great time out, no troubles, not cheap but no overcharge. Maybe you are just not the right guy for this location and better stay 15 km away ?

Nana and lower Suk has the most interesting stretch of sidewalk in the world. I head down there every night to sit back with a beer and watch the festivities.

Farangs, young and old, modish young folk without a care in the world, older ones who have seen in it all but aren't quite ready to call it a life yet, Arab men in dishdishas, their women in hijabs trailing behind scrutinizing intently roadside stalls ready to pounce on the littlest trinket that catches their eye, oriental men, Japanese, Korean and now maybe the Chinese, walking always with a purpose and very polite if they bump into someone, shady African men pushing powder and some gorgeous women from the dark continent, Indians, always more than one, noisy, cheap and happy, and, of course, Thais of all three sexes.

And, the people who graze late night on Suk, call them what you will, are always interesting to clink glasses with. Even the losers are because they have a twisting tale to tell of what done them in and how they're going to conquer the world again. And maybe they will - if they're on Suk at 2 in the morning they're halfway back to the top again, aren't they?

If you don't like Nana then, my friend, I hope you are surrounded by your children and grandchildren and their wives and kids as you breathe your last in a little cottage in a lonely village far far away.

Not sure why you had to go 15 km to Nana to go see a movie. Holiday Inn Express at Soi 22 or 24 also. There must be 10 other malls closer to your home.

I explained this (and many other things) to a previous poster attacking me. I will explain myself again.

I wanted to take pictures of the event. I am a true Star Wars fan (the movie sucked). Most props are located in Central area and Paragon as I wanted to have some nice photos of the event.

I did take some nice photos. Got some collectibles otherwise not available at the Mall Bangkapi or some other non event "loso" mall.

"Today while waiting for a bus to get back home I saw a bunch of Thai ladies flagging a cab and getting flat out refused by I'd say 80% of the drivers".

That 80% figure is meaningless without knowing how many taxis were involved.

"If you are an Indian customer it's much worse. You'd have to negotiate the price."

Says who? Did you witness the much worse situation of Indians having to negotiate the price? Why is it much worse for Indians to have to negotiate than Thai girls?

Here at Thai Visa we manufacture facts and statistics out of thin air. Usually it involves an (often dubiously one-sided reported) incident with one Thai that immediately becomes generalized to all Thais. In F arang Land if you have a disagreement or difficult experience with one person, one doesn't immediately indict all farangs or if you feel unloved in one location it's not because they ALL are uncouth, but in Thailand THEY all think and act exactly in lockstep and they're all out to get the noble, virtuous farang.

Likewise one incident is extrapolated to "most." In many cases it's just a matter of Khun Farang suffering a suspected loss of face. Unless rose petals are strewn in his path by the natives, THEY ALL hate ALL farangs. I mean in Farang Land, wherever Khun Farang goes he's treated like royalty. Khun Farang does not handled perceived loss of face with grace.

Off topic posts removed.

This is NOT an investigation into the private life of the OP. Nor should he feel the need to justify himself to anyone.

Excuse me Mr. Mod, but isn't he doing essentially the same by his criticisms of those who choose to live or hang around the Nana area?

Haha...

look at all the angry, defensive guys......Suk/Nana is like their heroin. Can't make it outside that venue. It's either Nana or die alone in a cottage! Sometimes you wonder how many 48 year old virgins there actually are..in the world.

go have your Nana.....enjoy the meatfest and experience your first love/sexual experience.

Rest of us are just fine. We won't take it away from you.

Off topic posts removed.

Charlie, an excellent intervention and explanation. Well stated. Keep up the good work to stop the mindless attacks on people here. It seems to me that many on here are getting bitter more and more. Maybe time for them to move to "greener" pastures.

"to stop the mindless attacks on people here."

I think by "people" you mean farang posters.I agree that this is unseemly. However, attacks on Thais, whether individually or generally, are just fine.

Off topic posts removed.

Excuse me Mr. Mod, but isn't he doing essentially the same by his criticisms of those who choose to live or hang around the Nana area?

I never criticized anyone who lives there. Please, do not exaggerate,

I am extending my opinion about the location I find somewhat dodgy.

My first example were taxis because I really thought people were exaggerating (I see many taxi complaints on this forum) until I stayed at Nana.

The only reason people go to Nana is to be a tourist, beer, shagging.

Not all people there are bad

There's good & bad everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a tourist, I don't drink alcohol, I don't shag other woman, only my wife.

I always stay in the Nana or Asok area every time I go to Bangkok, mainly because of the location. good for transport, restaurants and buying Farang food etc.

Your last sentence is spot on.

The only reason people go to Nana is to be a tourist, beer, shagging.

Not all people there are bad

There's good & bad everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a tourist, I don't drink alcohol, I don't shag other woman, only my wife.

I always stay in the Nana or Asok area every time I go to Bangkok, mainly because of the location. good for transport, restaurants and buying Farang food etc.

Your last sentence is spot on.

..perhaps wifey is reading this thread, along with you?

Wow. Some harse comments about Nana. I have traveled all over the world. Nana is definetly different.

I have spent 70 days there this year. When the people get to know you they are totally cool.

I like the place a lot. The new Hooters should be a huge gathering spot. Sure beats the pergatory of USA for me.

To each their own.

Archived