Nana.... A terrible place to live

theguyfromanotherforum

Nana Soi 4 , Morning Night , Christmas Day with a buddy.

Flying Up from Phuket just for it and can't bloody wait .

Go enjoy your stuffed turkeys and cranberry sauce , im gonna have a great day with an old friend and to be honest get drunk off my ass

Oh dear wot a sad life u hav.From one <deleted> hole to another Haha

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go enjoy your stuffed turkeys and cranberry sauce , im gonna have a great day with an old friend and to be honest get drunk off my ass

The Big Mango, Morning Night is one of the best bars in soi 4. say hello from Beerzy for me...The girls and guys there know who I am.

^^ agree m8 , been a "local" since being in Los from 2004.

Even had there 10% card they gave out in 2005 being honured untill i lost the damn thing :-),

So we may well have met without knowing :-)

I had one of Mel's cards too until recently...very handy for those big sessions.

^^ agree m8 , been a "local" since being in Los from 2004.

Even had there 10% card they gave out in 2005 being honured untill i lost the damn thing :-),

So we may well have met without knowing :-)

I had one of Mel's cards too until recently...very handy for those big sessions.

Yes i have the discount card too....big mango hoped you said hello to nariny and Rasita as well as Anna and moo 55

Some people love (the) A hole

Some people love (some) B hole

Nobody loves an <deleted> whistling.gif

just excerpting the OP and first replies biggrin.png

That's beautiful! Quoting Shakespeare again? This forum is becoming more and more cultured every month.

Every Hole have a place in our world 55

I wish I still lived there.

It was fantastic. Everything a chap needed from Supermarkets to a Steak and Kidney pie supper, to a Single Malt, to a Sinful night out, right on the doorstep, all less than two minutes from my sofa, as opposed from here in the Burbs. Might sound superficial but as a person of whim and impulse, being able just to 'ad lib' days as opposed to the planning a successful trip into town takes now.

The only real negative could be the tourist and market infested pavements which could make even a short nip out a pain in the backside, especially in the hot season or in wet weather. As well as the sight of fat, old perverts doing 'the walk of shame' from the balcony, while maybe enjoying a sundowner or two in respectable company.

I'd still move back there like a shot if I had the chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to throw in a little story of my own. The first year I came to Thailand I was staying in a hotel located around 3 mins walk from Soi Cowboy. I had to drop off my traveling partner at the airport at around 4am and hadn't really worked out my bearings so when I got off at Asoke I had trouble finding my hotel.

After a while I went back out onto the main soi that leads up to Sukhumvit and asked a taxi driver to give me a lift. He looked at me quite suspiciously and took his time giving me an answer. Eventually he said "how much you pay me?". I sensed something was about to happen so I just smiled and walked off. Found it eventually but after that I always felt folks around sukhumvit are a bit dodgy compared to the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to throw in a little story of my own. The first year I came to Thailand I was staying in a hotel located around 3 mins walk from Soi Cowboy. I had to drop off my traveling partner at the airport at around 4am and hadn't really worked out my bearings so when I got off at Asoke I had trouble finding my hotel.

After a while I went back out onto the main soi that leads up to Sukhumvit and asked a taxi driver to give me a lift. He looked at me quite suspiciously and took his time giving me an answer. Eventually he said "how much you pay me?". I sensed something was about to happen so I just smiled and walked off. Found it eventually but after that I always felt folks around sukhumvit are a bit dodgy compared to the rest.

nah, at thgat time taxis wont use meter

Any place that tends to attract very questionable foreigners seems to always attract the worst type of Thais. Get miles away from foreigners and the Thais attitudes are much better.

Any place that tends to attract very questionable foreigners seems to always attract the worst type of Thais. Get miles away from foreigners and the Thais attitudes are much better.

Yes I think this is the issue. I am coming to Bangkok again in April and am trying to decide where to stay. I think Siam should be a nicer experience.

I live in Ramkhamheang too, boring as hell in my book, but peaceful none the less....

I like an occassional day out in Nana - yes its not a place id live and its full of strange oddities, as far as Taxis are concerned they are all bad around sukumvit to foreigners.. its not just nana Asoke is no different, and after the clubs close you wont get many that put on meters.

Sukhumvit is not just Nana and Asoke.

oh yes it is.

Yes I think this is the issue. I am coming to Bangkok again in April and am trying to decide where to stay. I think Siam should be a nicer experience.

Nicer but more boring.

Oh dear wot a sad life u hav.From one <deleted> hole to another Haha

Have to take these posts & posters here on TV with a grain of salt aye? I mean, look at this one, English straight out of a school for retards, probably wishing he were in either place as compared to saddled in Grimsby. But alas best to bash, feeling better already blink.png .

After 3 months in BKK (On Nut, not even the sex district) I realized that I could never live in that concrete jungle.

Next I gave Bang Saen a try for 2 months, but thought it was not much different from BKK - yet friends from Pataya kept telling us how wonderful Bang Saen was, it's beach and relaxed atmosphere.

I was ready to go back home.

Then my wife talked me into going to her home village in Chanthaburi.

Jungle, fruit trees, poor internet, no Farangs, actually few Thais too, mountain view, 20 km to the next restaurant, market at 7 km.

And I lived happily ever after!

On Nut is a bit of a dump too. Nothing to see there but herds of cheap farang pensioners grazing their way through the Tesco food court.

Funny comment coming from you.

I've lived in lower Sukhumvit for 3 years and I love it. There's always something happening, it's an eclectic mix of cultures, and I never feel afraid to walk the streets at any hour. The biggest problem is finding space to walk with all the street vendors. Rents may be on the high side but living anywhere else would be boring.

This is what I don't understand. What exactly is happening? This is not NY or London. Anything that happens in Bangkok is always inside the shopping mall.

What do you do in NYC or London and please don't say museums and the ballet lol . End of the day its the same as bangkok except its full of women that will ignore you....get my drift wink.png

I lived in NYC and visited London and grew up in Sydney. Bangkok leaves them for dead in every way IMO.

Im in Nana area 10 years now and whilst its not perfect its never dull thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Also bucking the trend... I always like the energy around Nana, I dont go for the seedy side, but its fun to go on a friday night, have some drinks and be around people who are just letting loose and enjoying themselves? The seedy side is just part of bangkok, but the contrast between the gutter and the extreme beauty is why we love it, no?

I love how people think they are better than other people because they don't like an area.

Nana indeed is a tourist area that isn't really a part of Thailand, pretty much like Buckingham Palace and Oxford street in London. Bloody tourists swarming all over the place. Who in the right mind would want to travel to London and go to Buckingham Palace, they will charge you £2 for a 50p can of coke. Right rip off. A place a true Brit would never be seen.

It worked out pretty well for Kate Middleton. laugh.png

A right Dick Whittington story she tells oh yes she does!

Kate Middleton is from a very affluent family and from a very proper part of England, she is hardly a rags to riches story.

Archived