BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Brit savagely beaten by Patong tuk-tuk driver

Brit beaten by Patong tuk-tuk driver
Phuket Gazette

ka.jpeg
Mr Kamarell filed a complaint with Patong police after he was savagely attacked. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Police have charged a Phuket tuk-tuk driver for savagely beating a British national over a discrepancy in the price of a ride in Patong on December 15.

“William Joseph Kamarell, 22, explained that a tuk-tuk driver had picked him up at Soi Bangla in Patong and took him about five kilometers to where he was staying on Nanai Road,” explained Lt Col Anukul Nuket of the Patong Police. “The 27-year-old driver, Sutee Longklang, demanded 1,000 baht for the trip. However, Mr Kamarell refused and offered him only 300 baht, the normal rate for the trip.”

Mr Sutee then allegedly attacked Mr Kamarell, beating him to the ground before fleeing the scene.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Brit-beaten-Patong-tuktuk-driver/62664?desktopversion#ad-image-1

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-18

Tough week for the Brits in Thailand...attacked by ladyboys in Pattaya, getting "lost" in Thailand, and now this...maybe they should avoid Thailand.

The usual fair may well be 300 but did they agree or discuss the fair?

I see we are back to bad Tuk Tuk driver stories - as in back to normal.

I remember about 15 years a nephew was visiting us - he was a teenager with no world experience. He walked about the beach beach area and got lost so he asked a Tuk Tuk to take him back to our place on Nanai. Never knew he had to negotiate the price before so the driver fleeced him for 500 baht. At least that's all he admitted to me he paid, I suspect he paid more and was too embarrassed to tell me.

High season tourism promotion at its best from the land of smiles.

I hope it makes it to the British tabloids.

There is no other solution than avoiding this mobster island.

1000 Baht for five kilometers, fraudster!

Sad.

Dumb ass - he fled on foot leaving his tuk tuk behind...

Ha ha I would have buggered off to the police station in his tuk tuk.

It's five kms. from Soi Bangla to soi nana, really!

And 300 is the going rate, jeeze, maybe I'll give up investment banking and become a tuk tuk driver instead.

TAT will have a good story tomorrow about a tuk tuk driver returns wallet for sure .... whistling.gif

The usual fair may well be 300 but did they agree or discuss the fair?

Exactly

Dumb <deleted> tourist beered up things he is superman (proven otherwise) and knows all there is too know about the world.

well he learnt a lesson didn't he! ever do any research - this is not a place to <deleted> with the local sunshine, over 10quid. idiot.

yes this is annouying, yes the tuk tuk was taking the piss. happens all over the world and you pay the price and remember next time to agree a fee.

salt of the earth the earth those fellas....

just last week after I (legally) parked behind a tuk tuk, one told me I couldn't park there, then threatened to punch me when I asked why he could park there...

My dad was in the car too, first trip to thailand, a great impression...