Brit savagely beaten by Patong tuk-tuk driver

webfact

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

regardless of if the fair was discussed or not, or if the guy was drunk or not, neither is any reason for the TT driver to try and rip the guy off.. and when he would only pay the correct fare, he should have accepted it and not then proceed to beat the guy up.. He should lose his TT driver licence at the very least.. Also this is very negative publicity for Thailand and Patong.. There is so much lately, what with the beach chairs etc etc .. a wonder anyone that reads the news, comes here at all. But I still love coming here as I don't use Tuk Tuks or beach chairs ,,, hehe.

Hope you keep coming back, but if you do please be aware there is no correct fare for TukTuks they are unregulated. Hence the advise given by many here (which can be found in any one of thousands and thousands and thousands of threads on the internet) to negotiate the price first and not argue unless you want to get dobbed. Because regardless of its morality or legality, it a fact of Thai life that Tuk tuk drivers are more prone to violence than love to all men. They are not renowned for playing John Lennon songs.

DELETED

Wrong, they are regulated across Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please keep up with the thread. We know how they are regulated in Phuket ( by the Phuket Department of Land Transport) if you say they are regulated everywhere in Thailand (which I am very sceptical about) please post the details. eg which gov. dept.where the prices are displayed, etc.

We also know that the drivers ignore the supposedly regulated prices in Phuket and I would bet that even sticking a couple in jail for life would have zip effect on the rest.

They are death traps that need banning in the current form.

You seem very worked up over this issue. If you consider them 'death traps' avoid them! My suggestion to you, my dear man, is to rest and relax. Nothing is worth stressing yourself, so much about. There are many modes of transport. Buy a bike or car, could be a work around.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Archived