BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Brit savagely beaten by Patong tuk-tuk driver

Is it something in the water? Hardly a day goes by without some tourist or expat getting beaten to pulp by Thai men or lady-boys who have "lost it" during some relatively trivial dispute. According to a report in the New York Times violent crime has rocketed under the present regime, though this is denied by the BIB.

There used to be a website dedicated to recording the gory details of falang deaths in the Land of Smiles, but it seems to have, , , I was going to say "died a natural death", but, the way things are here, that would make it almost unique.

He don't look that 'savagely beaten' to me.

A small bandage on one hand and elbow ...... I've done worse than that to myself gardening.

Maybe 'slightly bruised' .... but that isn't such a good headline.

From so bangna to nanai is no more than 1 km...it's 5 km from bangna to karon beach...

Depends where on Nanai, could be well over 2km. And it's a bit more than 5km from Bangla to Karon.

That is why it is called the Tuk Tuk Mafia. Only a fool would ever hire one of those things.

5km?? Did the Tuk-Tuk circle Patong a couple of times??? It's less than 1.5km from Bangla to Nanai, maybe 2km if it was at either end of Nanai.

And regardless of whether a price was agreed up front, you can't just make up a number like that. Why not ask for 100,000 baht if that's the case.

He doesn't look 'savagely' beaten to me. Not a mark on his face, sprained wrist? I'd hate to see the headline if somebody actually was 'savagely' beaten

does seem to be a fair few stories of foreigners in some sort of distress recently though.

Nothing new. These criminals should be put in gaol and be banned for life but TIT.... Same s**t different day....

Have not been there for 20 years. Will not return. Pattaya is paradise compared to Phuket.

Where's the pic of the guy that was 'Savagely beaten'?

Maybe the headline should read

'Brit beaten by a savage'

When I lived in Patong Mrs CM worked for a hotel just off the beach and I would pick her up from work each day, usually I would park at the beach for about twenty minutes and take a walk along the sand. It got to be a game played by the local drivers as to how quickly they could key my car for parking in their territory, the record was less than five minutes! And these were the same guys who knew me, knew my wife, knew where she worked and why I was there and on occasion, even smiled and said hi!

He don't look that 'savagely beaten' to me.

A small bandage on one hand and elbow ...... I've done worse than that to myself gardening.

Maybe 'slightly bruised' .... but that isn't such a good headline.

have you ever had bruised ribs let me know how it feels and how long it took for them to recover

Tough week for the Brits in Thailand...attacked by ladyboys in Pattaya, getting "lost" in Thailand, and now this...maybe they should avoid Thailand.

Getting lost, hmmm, trying to AVOID going home, more like it... Why would anybody not agree to a price before leaving, tuk tuk drivers arent known for their kindness...