BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Brit savagely beaten by Patong tuk-tuk driver

Have not been there for 20 years. Will not return. Pattaya is paradise compared to Phuket.

Yeah.....keep telling yourself that.......

Patong, Phuket, Pattaya ... the 3 P's I tend to stay away from unless I absolutely must go to

Really?

Is it possible to go to Patong without going to either of the other two?

2 lessons learnt. 1. Always discuss fare with driver beforehand. 2. Stop being a pu$$y.

She was asking to be raped the way she dresses...They deserved to be robbed if they left their door open.....He deserved to have his arm busted if he didn't agree to being ripped off. Perhaps you should learn a lesson and dont blame the victims of crime and justify the actions of the criminals.

Whoever paid 300 baht even for such a short trip must be out of his mind.

Please stop blaming the tourist!

Sure, part of the problem is the holiday head!

We think we are going for a relaxing holiday in a tropical paradise.

The adverts don't warn us about the tuk tuk/taxi/petrol/jet ski/drug planting scams or robberies at ATM's

or beatings by lady boys........etc etc.

Who does research into the down side of a holiday in the tropics?

For many tourists, there are no problems, probably because they don't put themselves into extremely dangerous situations.

drunk at 3-4 am in a tourist area crammed with prostitutes and lady boys as an example.

But, IMHO,

the real problem in Thailand is that the Perps know that they can get away with crimes like this and worse.

If caught the perp can expect a maximum 500b fine and back to work same day.

The tourist was perhaps imprudent but he should not be subjected to violence.

If the dispute was real, the driver could have involved the police.....

In Thailand, the newbie tourist doesn't stand a chance if he has a holiday head on

and isn't that a shame?

The usual fair may well be 300 but did they agree or discuss the fair?

The Fare sounds expensive to me , I get the odd Tuk Tuk more than 5 kms usually 150 Bht.

One stopped a few years back as I was hailing a cab in BK and offered to take me to Khoa San Rd for 300 BHt , I said aircon taxi only 100 he said ok and that was it.

Patong another story, try Koh Samui even worse.

did he warn the tuk tuk driver that he will probably get fined 500 baht if he gets violent

They way things are going you are going to start getting vigilante groups being set up and that is the last thing in the world anyone needs

They way things are going you are going to start getting vigilante groups being set up and that is the last thing in the world anyone needs

Farang vigilante groups, set up to patrol the beaches of Patong to keep the tuk tuk drivers in check, a Guardian Angels kinda thing?

Hmm, an interesting concept, wonder why I never thought of that.

Wait, I know why! gigglem.gif

The usual fair may well be 300 but did they agree or discuss the fair?

Exactly

Dumb <deleted> tourist beered up things he is superman (proven otherwise) and knows all there is too know about the world.

well he learnt a lesson didn't he! ever do any research - this is not a place to <deleted> with the local sunshine, over 10quid. idiot.

yes this is annouying, yes the tuk tuk was taking the piss. happens all over the world and you pay the price and remember next time to agree a fee.

The dumb arse is you. Do you really think think knowing the normal price and questioning a 3 fold increase is wrong? Even if after the fact.

The man was attacked for trying to stop being ripped off.

What would you have done? Taken it up the arse i would presume. Better that than express your feeling.

Some tw#ts are so clever in their own mind.

Go anywhere is 200B even 100 meters,, so 1000B for 5 KM is not bad,, haha .. YEAH RIGHT ....

I wonder when, or even if, they will bring in a system like in Pattaya, they keep doing a curcuit up beach Rd and back along second Rd.

You can jump on and off anywhere and just 20B. And they always busy,, wonder why so many here just sit on side of road for hours and go nowhere ???

not hard to figure it out..

They talked about it a year ago,, even said they will be painted in pink candy stripes,,, BUT IT NEVER HAPPENS.

I have lived here over a year and have never used one .... and never will at the rates they charge !!!

Can get a proper taxi back home in NZ for less than they charge for tuk tuks here.. not everything is cheap !