Pattaya is dead

VIPinthailand

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More off topic posts about the state of Beach Road removed, the topic for all that stuff is HERE

This topic is about how Pattaya is dying on its feet and how we will soon have the place all to ourselves biggrin.png

Absolutely heaving along Beach Rd today beach goer and traffic

Not surprising as it's the 14th of February AND Sunday.

Quite right too. However, no matter how many times some of us point out that most of those people ( on a weekend ) will be THAI, we still get people telling us that because the place is full of Thais, the OP is mistaken. I did invite one such to report back on the population on a Wednesday, but he didn't.

Absolutely heaving along Beach Rd today beach goer and traffic

Not surprising as it's the 14th of February AND Sunday.

Sigh.....an expert at finding a cloud for every silver-lining.

What's your problem? Valentines Day is a big deal in Thailand and has nothing to do with tourism. Valentines Day on a Sunday = very heavy traffic. We had our Valentines dinner last night to avoid the crowds and traffic.

Yes, yes, yes! Because the place is full of Thais (and not just on weekends), the OP is mistaken. It's also full of Chinese, and Koreans, and Indians, and Japanese, and Middle Eastern, and ASEAN, and Russians. And, yes, even some Western punters here and there. (And all of them not just on weekends.) It's not just about you anymore, much as you'd like it to be. Sorry!

Doesn't anyone read the OP anymore? This thread is about FARANGS in BAR BEERS, NOT NOT NOT about any other race, no matter how prevalent in Pattaya.

If people want to talk about Chinese or Koreans they should start their own thread.

This is the original post -

"only a few bars seem to have a few customers this year, the rest of the bars are empty. people are just walking in shopping malls probably just for the air conditioning but I have not seen people with bags I rode last day along the front beach in 2 minutes. no much traffic.

Pattaya is a dead zone. I bet movies theaters are empty too.

many shops closed already.

why?

"

Its about Pattaya being dead and is not specific to farangs in beer bars. Though most beer bars always seemed dead to me but seem to find endless mugs willing to buy them.

this place is dead even if you see zombies walking around. people don't even carry Bags anymore and buy water at 7 11. Russians are gone, Chinese follow tours.

night market are empty. Indians? where? I don't see many here.

what we see is hordes of buses driving down to floating market or elephant riders.

I don't see Chineses doing shopping as they eat and drink in their hotel room.

just move 2km outisde Pattaya center and you will see how this place is deserted

this place is dead even if you see zombies walking around. people don't even carry Bags anymore and buy water at 7 11. Russians are gone, Chinese follow tours.

what we see is hordes of buses driving down to floating market or elephant riders.

just move 2km outisde Pattaya center and you will see how this place is deserted

you mean to say they bring food with them from China and eat it in their hotel rooms? I notice a new restaurant boat off Bali Hai so I suspect the Chinese arent all eating in their rooms

The Russians are not gone. Just take a walk north along Jomtien beach towards Pattaya Park, or southbound towards Soi Welcome you'll see alot. Maybe not as many as during Christmas, but well over 50% of the peak. The song-thaews are pretty busy even in the middle of the week. But that doesn't fit your troll-agenda.

The Russians are not gone. Just take a walk north along Jomtien beach towards Pattaya Park, or southbound towards Soi Welcome you'll see alot. Maybe not as many as during Christmas, but well over 50% of the peak. The song-thaews are pretty busy even in the middle of the week. But that doesn't fit your troll-agenda.

He is posting from the UK.

Plenty of Russians in south Jomtien--just check Lumpini Park Beach as one example. Plenty in central Pattaya, too. Really, plenty all over. Guess you missed my post about the Chinese filling up Sizzler at Royal Garden the other day. They are everywhere, and not just in tour groups. And, they are starting to drive here in their cars--we saw 2 cars from China in the space of a few minutes on Pattaya Sai 2 the other day. Just the beginning.

Archived