Mike Wants To Quit

mikeriza

Hi Malcolm

I would also like to register.

I am a UK ex-pat working in Thailnd 57yo with Philipina wife and I smoke anything between 20-40 per day, stress related plus lack of will-power. I really need/want to give up smoking and did once 15 years ago and know the benefits. It was easy then but much harder now. After three years I started again (stress/bereavement/peer pressure) and regret it very much as harder to beat the second time around.

Warm regards

Mike

Hi Malcolm

I would also like to register.

I am a UK ex-pat working in Thailnd 57yo with Philipina wife and I smoke anything between 20-40 per day, stress related plus lack of will-power. I really need/want to give up smoking and did once 15 years ago and know the benefits. It was easy then but much harder now. After three years I started again (stress/bereavement/peer pressure) and regret it very much as harder to beat the second time around.

Warm regards

Mike

I was a heavy smoker and quit 20 years ago cold turkey and it was a bitch, however a friend reported recently he has quit using the nicotine patches. He is definitely sold on this procedure. Evidently you use a certain strength for a number of weeks and then a lower dose for a few weeks until you are clear. He is in the U.S., but I imagine the patches would be available at the better hospitals here like Bumrungrad etc. . Good luck

I would second the endorsement for patches.I was a heavy smoker from 14 until i was 34.Having failed numerous times cold turkey i treid the patches and to my amazement 2.5 years later im still of them!!A word of caution though if you do go down this route only use them for a limired time say 4-6weeks.Any longer than that and you,ll start forming a dependency for them as well :o

Edited by totlanh

I was addicted to patches and gum for years, until a friend suggested a completely natural and herbal substitute for these disgusting habits.

They're called "cigarettes" and using them has completely diminished my urge to stick nicotine patches all over myself. :D

Seriously, I quit last year after many unsuccessful previous attempts by reading a book; "Easy Way To Stop Smoking", by Allen Carr. Its all you need. :o

Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) does not work.