Yippeeeeeee, finally fixed my ford Ranger

garyk

Forgot to say I just looked at the odometer and it has 260,000 KM. It has always got me to where I was going. But, I am disappointed at the dealers for not finding a simple problem after 3 frigging years. I was pulling my hair out.

Not sure I will buy another Ford at this point. But, now that it is fixed I will drive it until the wheels fall off.. LOL

I will get mine an engine overhaul sometime next year and it should last another 2xx,xxx km and still be worth something at the end of it.

I thought you were going to say you sold the Ford and bought a Toyota.

FORD

Found

On

Roadside

Dead

Fix

Or

Repair

Daily

A very old joke that I can remember from 50 odd years ago.

Well I have had my Ford Ranger over 5,100 days and it has only died on the road once when my wife put the clutch in to drive of and the clutch stuck down and probably 75 odd days when it has been in for service or repairs.

Forgot to say I just looked at the odometer and it has 260,000 KM. It has always got me to where I was going. But, I am disappointed at the dealers for not finding a simple problem after 3 frigging years. I was pulling my hair out.

Not sure I will buy another Ford at this point. But, now that it is fixed I will drive it until the wheels fall off.. LOL

I will get mine an engine overhaul sometime next year and it should last another 2xx,xxx km and still be worth something at the end of it.

Now that I know a little about the fuel rail system and can do a little trouble shooting on my own. I am going to hang on to mine. I'm a firm believer in the 10 year rule. If you buy a vehicle keep it at least 10 years. But, it has been a real test. So many times I have wanted to trade, but would catch myself and just walk away. I am so happy I did not trade now.

That being said I have a Toyota Tundra 2006 model in America, and it is by far the best pickup I have ever owned. NOT ONE PROBLEM. It is at the 10 year mark but that pickup is going NOWHERE. This last summer I drove it from San Antonio, Texas to the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico. Around a 4-5K mile trip and it was perfect. :)

Archived