The Cliff Samui – giving back to the community for Christmas

rooster59

The Cliff Samui – giving back to the community for Christmas

Cliff-xmas-1-300x180.jpg

KOH SAMUI: It is always good to see companies in Koh Samui investing in the local community and it’s heartwarming to see the less fortunate members of our island society being remembered and cared for. One shining example of this is The Cliff Samui who each year put on a Christmas party for the children of the Lamai Temple School.

For the last five years The Cliff and their team have catered for around 250 children with bouncy castles, a huge feast and other entertainment. This year was no exception. On Saturday 19th of December children from the school enjoyed a sumptuous lunch, time to play and lots of presents from Santa!

Source: http://www.samuitimes.com/the-cliff-samui-giving-back-to-the-community-for-christmas/

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-12-19

It is astonishing sometimes, to see a local or a samui company actually doing something to benefit the community. It is a rare thing, in a place where the concept of taking, takes on a whole new meaning. A bit of reciprocity and charity goes a long way on Samui. It might wake up a few of the local "vacuum cleaner" types.

I have to disagree with all these "nay sayers" on this forum. I have been involved with the Special Needs School on Samui (in a small way) and I know there are not only many very good hearted people doing a great deal to benefit these children, including building a new School, but they have also been supported by a great many local business to help raise funds for both the building of the School and to cover the current overheads of the School. Some of you need to get out and about and learn a little bit more about local initiatives to help others who are less able to help themselves.bah.gif

You beat me to it smile.png

Charitable efforts on the island aren't rare at all, they are extremely common and in many cases are conducted by good hearted people or organisations seeking little or no publicity.

Anyone thinking otherwise should get out and get involved.

Archived