Bus carrying Chinese tourists plunges off cliff

Tywais

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that everyone is wearing their hearts on their sleeves as they comment but isn't it time to face reality?

Until family members of the "privileged few', and those related to senior administrative staff are killed in similar incidents, then diddly-squat will happen to improve road safety for the commoner.

It's nothing to with logic and a sense of nationhood! (primarily because there isn't any)

Yes. agree totally. National ego..... "But I am Thai!!!" is in. National pride or sense of nationhood is almost unheard of because it smells of self-responsibility. And saving face or payback, or amulet possession or prayer trump any need for logic. Not to mention the biggie of fate/predestination. "If it was my turn to die, seat belts/helmets would have made no difference. So I never wear them." This is why airbags need to be compulsory in all new vehicles. Not to mention enforced use of helmets & seat belts!!! Which then leads us to the prickly one child restraints in cars or riding unprotected on motor bikes. Riding in back of utes is another big killer in event of any accident. Is that another un-enforced law already? There is just so much just so obviously wrong with Thai use of roads & vehicles and enforcement of same.

Archived