Terminal 2, Which Airline is Moving?

Thanyaburi Mac

Curious, tho, why they say to show your passport? Should really be just show a photo ID, as I expect most Thai pax don't have passports. Thai drivers license is normally acceptable, even for farangs.

Don't interpret too much into this.

1) Its in English, so obviously not for Thais. And Thais are obliged to carry their ID anytime.

And the wording is "passport or ID card" and the picture shows a Thai ID card (artwork tongue.png ).

2) 9x% (?) of all farangs are tourists and travel with passports. They simply didn't think about "expats".

Sure they will accept a Thai DL.

Found this about Domestic Flights and Terminal 2

Air Asia domestic check-in will be at rows 9 and 10; R Airlines and Orient Thai at row 11; Thai Lion Air at row 11 and 12; Thai Smile at row 12; and Nok Air at rows 14 and 15.

Terminal 1 will continue to serve international flights.

International check-in will remain at Terminal 1.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/24/check-it-don-mueang-moves-domestic-check-counters-terminal-2

And Air Asia updated it's website

post-10213-0-17203700-1450940789_thumb.j

http://www.airasia.com/th/en/at-the-airport/airports-and-terminals.page

Still picture from a Thai language video, AirAsia check-in row 9, quite busy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE049yBwBLo?t=0

In the video: check-in staff with "funny reindeer horns" gigglem.gif!

post-99794-0-47060700-1450941647_thumb.j

TV Channel 3, showing a stream of people wandering from T1 to T2.

Asking at the information counter at T1, shown the way to T2.

AirAsia check-in very crowded.

Am I being too optimistic that there will be less of the bussing it to and from the flight with AirAsia at DMK?

Thai AirAsia are great but the bus does annoy the heck out of me. Not their fault, though.

it is entirely Air Asia's fault/choice, or it used to be.... They save money by not using the air bridges.

Hopefully Nok air won't have to use any buses now they've moved to Term 2 (some of their flights would occasionally have to board onto buses out to the plane)

Am I being too optimistic that there will be less of the bussing it to and from the flight with AirAsia at DMK?

Thai AirAsia are great but the bus does annoy the heck out of me. Not their fault, though.

it is entirely Air Asia's fault/choice, or it used to be.... They save money by not using the air bridges.

Hopefully Nok air won't have to use any buses now they've moved to Term 2 (some of their flights would occasionally have to board onto buses out to the plane)

I would like to see them try and use an air bridge for the Buriram flight!

I would like to see them try and use an air bridge for the Buriram flight!

well, i did mean from Bangkok.... There's no air bridges at Nakhon Si Thammarat either ;-)

but, no buses... just a short walk from plane stairs to the terminal.

flyng to nakhon today... terminal 2 looks new... new floors... until you get through the security, then you go from new tile flooring to carpeting from the 1990's.. the ceilings look all freshly lit and new suspended ceiling... so maybe the carpets coming up later... not sure it can be removed by now, mind you.

There's some warnings now after checking in a bag, to wait and ensure it is cleared... otherwise you name will be called - yup, the first A4 printed and sellotaped notices have already started appearing...

Archived