Koh Tao verdict expected on Dec 24

webfact

Well either the Millar family know something and have heard something that none of us have because the statement from the brother on behalf of the family was very very strong and very critical of the petition that was raised and the 'activists' who defended the B2,,

I would say it's probably the strongest statement on a court decision I have ever heard and I really feel sorry for both families but unless there's something we all don't know this is going to be appealed and for sure there's a massive story hear that the UK media will follow this up as it would seem there's massive massive flaws in this court decision..

They don't even speak or read Thai!

I'm disgusted by the families & by the British Government.

The whole thing stinks & various people on that island have got away with an atrocity

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The judgment of Thai courts may not be criticized. The maximum jail sentence for the offence is seven years."

This means that you can't say what you think about the travesty of justice? if that is the case, that it also means a dictatorship. If this is the case, it means no democracy. If this is the case nobody should travel to a country, where dictatorial powers are governing justice system. Sad story, which should be kept alive for many years to come. Farangs and Thais know that the verdict is phony. I talked to many people and all think like that, except Thai justice system. This might bring a backlash, not thought after by Thailand's tourist industry. Just wonder if those two young fellows scheduled to be killed were Canadians? Would the court came with the same verdict? I doubted. Would think not twice, but ten times before pronouncing verdict. Perhaps His Majesty the King will make a positive contribution to this terribly handled case from the start by Thai police?

Wish those two boys LIFE & FREEDOM after hopefully successful appeal!

From the BBC 11 minutes ago:

The family of Mr Miller attended the hearing but relatives of Miss Witheridge did not travel to Thailand for the verdicts.

Speaking outside court, Mr Miller's brother Michael said "justice is what has been delivered today", and he said Thai police had carried out a "methodical and thorough" investigation.

He said the evidence against the accused was "overwhelming".

Mr Miller said he hoped that campaigners who championed the cause of the accused and believed their innocence would respect the court's decision.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35173688#_=_

Having lived in Thailand for 30 years, I knew from the start that this would be the result. Anyone thinking otherwise are wasting their energy and time. This is the way Thailand works - accept it. I have known quite a few foreigners that have committed crimes(most traffic) that have been happy that Thailand is the way it is when they were facing long jail sentences.

The families of the Brits have lost their loved ones. The Burmese families have lost their loved ones.

if foreigner really care about justice, the only way is to set up a vigilante group to take out the real killers, who we all know.

Well either the Millar family know something and have heard something that none of us have because the statement from the brother on behalf of the family was very very strong and very critical of the petition that was raised and the 'activists' who defended the B2,,

I would say it's probably the strongest statement on a court decision I have ever heard and I really feel sorry for both families but unless there's something we all don't know this is going to be appealed and for sure there's a massive story hear that the UK media will follow this up as it would seem there's massive massive flaws in this court decision..

The whole thing stinks & various people on that island have got away with an atrocity

I would agree it would seem so. I'm not sitting on the fence but just rocked by such a strong statement from the Millar family..It really has left me thinking have I and most on here missed something !! I'm just bewildered to be honest. I just can't believe that what I have heard of all those months has ended in a judgement against the B2,, and such strong support from the family of David..

I would agree it would seem so. I'm not sitting on the fence but just rocked by such a strong statement from the Millar family..It really has left me thinking have I and most on here missed something !! I'm just bewildered to be honest. I just can't believe that what I have heard of all those months has ended in a judgement against the B2,, and such strong support from the family of David..

No, there hasn't been ONE shred of evidence. As somebody pointed out you can't question a judgment.

They do know something none of you do, and it will shock you all

Archived