Koh Tao verdict expected on Dec 24

webfact

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they are found guilty will the judges give their reasons for coming to that decision? Or will there be a stony silence? Will the thai media cover it? Or do they know better than to question something like this?

In nearly 20 years of living here i have seen my share of horrible things done from one human to another. Things that are shocking to see in this day and age where we are used to seeing justice prevail.

I truly hope in this case justice will indeed prevail but I fear the worst and that justice is something you simply pay your way through.

Merry Christmas everyone.

The UK's Channel4 TV channel, respected for their hard-hitting documentaries, have committed to make one on this case. Im hoping that the knowledge of this by the Thai government , and the negative effect it would have on tourism, might influence the verdict for the better.

Well I for one am not letting Christmas distract me. I am going to Samui to hear the verdict and show the B2 and the defense team they have not been forgotten and to remind the court the world (parts of it anyway) is watching.

Sadly whichever way it goes it will be appealed and drag on for years with the poor accused shackled in prison. Their lives are virtually over.

The UK's Channel4 TV channel, respected for their hard-hitting documentaries, have committed to make one on this case. Im hoping that the knowledge of this by the Thai government , and the negative effect it would have on tourism, might influence the verdict for the better.

I'm pretty sure the Thai Government are presently unaware of this production, besides it wont be aired till the new year.after the verdicts. But yes Channel 4 have a long history of hard hitting docs behind them I hope this will follow the mold.

lets not clutter up this thread with predictions and theories, wait until the verdict is released then we can comment

Reminder: The Law

"The judgment of Thai courts may not be criticized. The maximum jail sentence for the offence is seven years."

Who said anything about criticizing? He merely mentioned people commenting on it.

My heart tells me these guys are innocent. I understand that the victims' families want a conviction and closure, but I also hope that they remember that two wrongs don't make a right, and they'll just have to accept that the culprits are probably untouchable because they're protected by power.

I couldn't have said it better. Inn Between is spot on!

In a godless, corrupt to the core and human rights depraved country, what a verdict you'd expect that is given on Christmas Eve?

The climax of this sick travesty will most likely be shocking for most of us; but it is inevitable, given that the aforementioned facts build the foundation of these "legal proceedings"...

I just hope the verdict will be one that the families of the victims and the accused can be comfortable with. Without having studied the case in great detail, what i have read about it sure stinks.

I sincelery doubt about the feeling of "to be comfortable" at ALL!

Let us hear the verdict!

The only verdict is that the accused are set free and the real murderer(s) is/are pursued and caught...there is no other acceptable verdict or closure.

Keep on dreaming - the true culprits will be dancing on the B2s' graves at AC Bar on that very same night...

The only verdict is that the accused are set free and the real murderer(s) is/are pursued and caught...there is no other acceptable verdict or closure.

Keep on dreaming - the true culprits will be dancing on the B2s' graves at AC Bar on that very same night...

With gloating FB photos to match.

sick.gif

sick.gif

Something like this???

post-193277-0-88145400-1413193097.jpg

sick.gif

Something like this???

post-193277-0-88145400-1413193097.jpg

and who is that ??????? I have never seen that photo before, if it is who I think it is wasn't he supposed to be in Bangkok all weekend

The problem is if they don't convict them then they have to admit they were wrong, and that they tried to frame these guys to protect the guilty, and then we will have to look at the real suspects (whom everybody knows who it is). A huge loss of face all the way around.

I agree, with online media active 24/7 it doesn't really matter if the verdict is on the 24th or another day. It will be a verdict and if they are found guilty this case is not over, it will just carry on with an appeal from their lawyers and another long trial.

Personally I believe they will be found not guilty of murder , because of the lack of solid evidence .

SURAT THANI
Koh Tao ruling imminent

The Nation

KOH SAMUI: -- A team of lawyers representing two Myanmar migrant workers accused of the rape and murder of a female British tourist and the murder of a male British tourist on Koh Tao is anxiously awaiting the verdict. The ruling will be read on Thursday.

In a statement released today, the lawyers insisted that Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo were innocent. They stressed that the questioning and charging of the accused prior to their prosecution was unlawful. The accused confessed after being tortured, they said, adding that there was no link between what was said to be the murder weapon and the accused, adding the evidence was unreliable.

Hannah Witheridge and David Miller were murdered on September 15, 2014, with Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo arrested on October 2.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koh-Tao-ruling-imminent-30275398.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-22

I fear a guilty verdict, that would be the most convenient option for Thailand. Of course the only correct outcome would be an acquittal as there is no solid evidence suggesting they did it.

But face needs to be saved here, and the two Burmese are toast.

It is amusing the current situation regarding this heinous offence in that if I remember correctly it was stated quite publically that a Thai would not commit such an offence . Not many believed that of course but now with what has been happening in the country and Thais arrested, Rape and Murder, dumping of bodies ( children ) and other serious offences due entirely to the Thai mindset, one does wonder if a retraction of the initial statement will be made.

Archived