Koh Tao verdict expected on Dec 24

webfact

It is amusing the current situation regarding this heinous offence in that if I remember correctly it was stated quite publically that a Thai would not commit such an offence . Not many believed that of course but now with what has been happening in the country and Thais arrested, Rape and Murder, dumping of bodies ( children ) and other serious offences due entirely to the Thai mindset, one does wonder if a retraction of the initial statement will be made.

You need some "adjustment"....giggle.gif

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets not clutter up this thread with predictions and theories, wait until the verdict is released then we can comment

I will comment when I want to , not when you give me permission . your statement is at the heart of what is wrong with this ill conceived story by the police , you should be ashamed of yourself ...................I am ashamed for you .........

lets not clutter up this thread with predictions and theories, wait until the verdict is released then we can comment

I will comment when I want to , not when you give me permission . your statement is at the heart of what is wrong with this ill conceived story by the police , you should be ashamed of yourself ...................I am ashamed for you .........

and you sir are an ill informed (deleted) go do a little research before you start pointing fingers, I would suggest spending a few hours reading the already exiting (closed) thread on this topic before you continue shouting of your mouth

Keep on dreaming - the true culprits will be dancing on the B2s' graves at AC Bar on that very same night...

With gloating FB photos to match.

sick.gif

Something like this???

post-193277-0-88145400-1413193097.jpg

and who is that ??????? I have never seen that photo before, if it is who I think it is wasn't he supposed to be in Bangkok all weekend

Well Smedly, given that you made a comment like grandpa advising his grandchildren to be quiet until Santa arrives in your first comment, you seem quite clueless regarding the Koh Tao case... scary indeed... The photo shows Nomsod partying with a girl that looks very similar to poor victim Hannah. If you would have followed the case all along, this photo wouldn't be a novum to you. This said, why not shut up if you haven't anything to add to this thread but advising people to stay put????

Found guilty or acquitted, this travesty of justice seems bound to continue.

Whatever the outcome, there are likely to be several appeals all the way to the Supreme Court, each taking months or years to come to court, months or years to come to a conclusion. It will be a battle of attrition with the prosecutors having access to more or less unlimited state resources, and the defence relying on the good will of others.

All the while the Burmese boys remain shackled in prison……. And the heat remains off those who should be locked up, as they count down the days until the Statute of Limitations put them beyond the law.

With gloating FB photos to match.

sick.gif

Something like this???

post-193277-0-88145400-1413193097.jpg

and who is that ??????? I have never seen that photo before, if it is who I think it is wasn't he supposed to be in Bangkok all weekend

Well Smedly, given that you made a comment like grandpa advising his grandchildren to be quiet until Santa arrives in your first comment, you seem quite clueless regarding the Koh Tao case... scary indeed... The photo shows Nomsod partying with a girl that looks very similar to poor victim Hannah. If you would have followed the case all along, this photo wouldn't be a novum to you. This said, why not shut up if you haven't anything to add to this thread but advising people to stay put????

show me a link were this photo has been posted before, like I already stated - I have never seen it before, it is new to me and it does appear to be Hannah and if so would place Nomsod on the Island the weekend of the murders when he claimed he wasn't there, you think I am clueless lol I suggest you run along and do some reading before making stupid ill-informed comments like that, not sure why the need for the aggression since we are all on the same side here. But keep on going and this thread will be closed in record time, that could of course be your objective

The problem is if they don't convict them then they have to admit they were wrong, and that they tried to frame these guys to protect the guilty, and then we will have to look at the real suspects (whom everybody knows who it is). A huge loss of face all the way around.

That sums it up in a nutshell mate, all about face (and protecting the rich).

I agree, with online media active 24/7 it doesn't really matter if the verdict is on the 24th or another day. It will be a verdict and if they are found guilty this case is not over, it will just carry on with an appeal from their lawyers and another long trial.

Personally I believe they will be found not guilty of murder , because of the lack of solid evidence .

Quote: Personally I believe they will be found not guilty of murder, because of the lack of solid evidence.

This is what I think it should be, that they cannot be found guilty due to lack of evidence, but I`m not optimistic about what the outcome will be, I don`t have faith in the Thailand justice system a country where certain people can be above the laws. Even if the laddies put in an appeal, it could go on and on and they might end up spending many years in jail.

Jerome Taylor's report is available at http://news.yahoo.com/myanmar-pair-face-verdict-over-british-murders-thai-064919864.html

Under Thai law the prosecution is under no obligation to offer the defence prior discovery, making challenging the evidence, or independently testing forensic data, very difficult.

"What's clear is that no matter the verdict, the families of those two young people brutally murdered will not be sure they have received justice, or even the truth," Sam Zarifi, regional director of the International Commission of Jurists, told AFP.

Jerome Taylor's report is available at http://news.yahoo.com/myanmar-pair-face-verdict-over-british-murders-thai-064919864.html

Under Thai law the prosecution is under no obligation to offer the defence prior discovery, making challenging the evidence, or independently testing forensic data, very difficult.

"What's clear is that no matter the verdict, the families of those two young people brutally murdered will not be sure they have received justice, or even the truth," Sam Zarifi, regional director of the International Commission of Jurists, told AFP.

This reporter knows next to nothing about this case. He says

Miller was struck by a single blow and left to drown in shallow surf

when it is quite clear from the photographs of the crime scene that he was struck multiple times by a sharp blade.

when it is quite clear from the photographs of the crime scene that he was struck multiple times by a sharp blade.

But as the photos were not introduced as evidence, it never happened. Thai justice is so simple!

Follow

Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo seemed confident this morning but clearly a little tense and nervous as tomorrow's judgement is now upon them.

Lawyers/MWRN reiterated to both accused our commitment/ongoing duty to support/defend them into the future whatever tomorrow's ruling may be

10:09 PM - 22 Dec 2015

Follow

Finally both accused expressed ongoing concern for the welfare/well being of their mothers and prayed for their happiness/contentment always

Follow

Nakhon Chompuchat, senior Koh Tao murder case lawyer, said today whatever tomorrow's verdict, case will surely not end as will be an appeal.

Excellent summary (except they miss the point about the arrest of the initial suspect):

http://asiancorrespondent.com/2015/12/koh-tao-murders-verdict-due-24th-december/

They are ensuring it becomes one of those 'folklore' cases which everyone talks about but there is no official affirmation, so therefor no loss of face; nobody held accountable... Red Bull heir, Saudi gems, and so forth...

Unfortunately this incident has only served to reinforce the power certain low-life scum wield over their fiefdom. sad.png

But as the photos were not introduced as evidence, it never happened. Thai justice is so simple!

Nothing was introduced as evidence. The only thing the prosecution did was have a succession of police officers repeating the party line.

Follow

Press Association Retweeted David Mercer

Our reporter @DavidMercerPA is in Thailand ahead of the verdicts in the Koh Tao double murder trial

Press Association added,

David Mercer @DavidMercerPA
Verdicts in the trial of 2 men accused of murdering Hannah Witheridge and David Miller in Koh Tao will be heard from 9am local time (2am UK)

Follow

Our reporter @DavidMercerPA is in Thailand ahead of the verdicts in the Koh Tao double murder trial

Press Association added,

Verdicts in the trial of 2 men accused of murdering Hannah Witheridge and David Miller in Koh Tao will be heard from 9am local time (2am UK)

Dude, other people DO have twitter. Why the need to post all these links?

Follow

Press Association added,

I don't have twitter and am very grateful for them. Keep up the good work Stealth

Follow

Press Association added,

You obviously haven't followed any of these threads dude so if your not happy there is a report button.

Archived