Thai Immigration nab 110 foreigners in overstay, criminal cases

webfact

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most immigrants in USA work off the books, pay no tax but get free school, medical etc. Falling usually have social security and or pensions support extended families get nothing for free. America is over run. I don't see Syrian immigrants being let in here.

You are off topic and nobody is taking the bait...troll....

I overstayed by a month due to the dope at immigration giving me a 1 month stamp instead of 2 on entry, I had a double entry visa.

Come time to go home I got pulled into the immigration office at Suvarnabhumi airport, what followed was like a comedy routine with various Thais appearing one of whom had a large calculator into which he would input the fine I would have to pay which was a few hundred pounds, the large amount of the fine seemed to amuse them, as they were laughing , and grinning at each other non stop . When I pointed out the mistake was theirs, as I had a visa from a UK Thai embassy, a women who appeared to be more senior, and of Thai upper middle class by the look of her made an appearance. A short conversation between her and the Thais followed, and I was informed I would not have to pay a fine as long as I promised to come back to Thailand before my visa expired. Needless to say this did not happen, and I was worried this would be picked up on any future trip, but nothing ever came of it except I now double check my visa stamps to make sure Thai immigration are doing their jobs properly.

Even if an immigration officer makes a mistake and stamps the wrong date you are still required to leave on that date. it's your responsibility to make sure you have the correct stamp, you always need to check no matter what country you enter. I have had it happen to me in Italy and Hong Kong. Immigration offices are people and we all make mistakes.

I know exactly where I'm at I own zzindustries and I'm quite fine. Check out the stats on black crime(African American) and I'm not prejudice one bit. Your probably as old as dust and don't know anything about anything.

So I'll leave it at that say what you will but my evidence is in the people's minds and voices.

Kevin

Trying to come back somewhere nearly on topic: perhaps something in the discussion regarding past atrocities committed in such 'first world' countries (US UK, EU), can lead one to ask why does Thailand repeat errors others made instead of following the latest trends. They have no problem following all the capitalist ideals but have ignored education, policing, and human rights progress made in these countries over the last century.

The rest of the world started tightening visa rules and restrictions a long time ago, especially after 2001, why is it only starting here now?

I overstayed by a month due to the dope at immigration giving me a 1 month stamp instead of 2 on entry, I had a double entry visa.

Come time to go home I got pulled into the immigration office at Suvarnabhumi airport, what followed was like a comedy routine with various Thais appearing one of whom had a large calculator into which he would input the fine I would have to pay which was a few hundred pounds, the large amount of the fine seemed to amuse them, as they were laughing , and grinning at each other non stop . When I pointed out the mistake was theirs, as I had a visa from a UK Thai embassy, a women who appeared to be more senior, and of Thai upper middle class by the look of her made an appearance. A short conversation between her and the Thais followed, and I was informed I would not have to pay a fine as long as I promised to come back to Thailand before my visa expired. Needless to say this did not happen, and I was worried this would be picked up on any future trip, but nothing ever came of it except I now double check my visa stamps to make sure Thai immigration are doing their jobs properly.

Even if an immigration officer makes a mistake and stamps the wrong date you are still required to leave on that date. it's your responsibility to make sure you have the correct stamp, you always need to check no matter what country you enter. I have had it happen to me in Italy and Hong Kong. Immigration offices are people and we all make mistakes.

What would happen if an immigration official actually stamps wrongly in your passport , and you immediately point it out to them, can they alter the stamp if required to do so? Does this mean another stamp having to be made in your passport? would they change it if it meant losing face on their part? or can they officially change BY pen the initial stamp done in error with another stamp or signature being added to verify the change.

After all, it is not as if they show you the selected date on the stamper before stamping your pass, is it ?

By the way this post is not a facetious dig, just a genuine thought about what does happen in the event of ......

What would happen if an immigration official actually stamps wrongly in your passport , and you immediately point it out to them, can they alter the stamp if required to do so? Does this mean another stamp having to be made in your passport? would they change it if it meant losing face on their part? or can they officially change BY pen the initial stamp done in error with another stamp or signature being added to verify the change.

After all, it is not as if they show you the selected date on the stamper before stamping your pass, is it ?

By the way this post is not a facetious dig, just a genuine thought about what does happen in the event of ......

They are allowed to write in your passport and make ammendments as they see fit, usually if they write anything they will sign or scribble their initials beside it to verify that it has been written by then

Hmmm.....I don't overstay etc but all these latest moves against us "aliens" is starting to make me feel even less welcome than I usually do.....

"2015-12-22 23:43:06

I had a similar situation and was given the wrong stamp which I acted on and then when I went to leave Thailand found I was 15 days overstay. I paid the overstay fine(like you have a choice?) but at the time I mused why i had to pay for someone else's mistake.But TIT and be careful of that smile"
Are you sure you don't ;-) ?

Hmmm.....I don't overstay etc but all these latest moves against us "aliens" is starting to make me feel even less welcome than I usually do.....

Why unless you are an over stayer or criminal? Thailand has a perfect right to arrest and eject illegals and scum where ever they are from. Well done immigration and lets hope they all get blacklisted never to return. If you are over 50 can obey a few rules and can fill out a form Thailand is one of the easiest countries to stay in. Can never understand why over stayers get sympathy on here.

Why unless you are an over stayer or criminal? Thailand has a perfect right to arrest and eject illegals and scum where ever they are from. Well done immigration and lets hope they all get blacklisted never to return. If you are over 50 can obey a few rules and can fill out a form Thailand is one of the easiest countries to stay in. Can never understand why over stayers get sympathy on here.

Sure, if you're OVER 50. It's not so easy for the rest of us that are under 50.

Well there certainly is NOT 108 people in that photo.

I see 11 people (not including those standing who are clearly immigration officials) and 10 of those are black or dark skinned. Does that not seem odd to anyone ? May I suggest more than a little racial profiling going on here.

Hahahah.. "Racial profiling" Laugh i nearly sh4t.. Maybe it's because the majority of offenders caught aren't Caucasian ? 50 Pakistanis plus a bunch of Africans. The American has an islamic name so more than likely non-white, Same for the "Frenchman" Wonder if the Belgium fella was white ? Simple fact is that a large proportion of Thailand's visitors from Africa and South Asia are up to no good and flaunt the visa regs.. Not saying that whiteys don't do this but if you check out the demographics of race/nationality of foreigners incarcerated in Thai prisons you'll soon see who is their biggest customer..

Interesting nationalities there and seems many peoples concerns on "who" is overstaying and " who" the main suspect nationalities are appear to be correct...........50 Pakistanis......Im imagining how many made it into the UK over the years and still reside there now bleeding the UK benefits system.

Is this after UK,bled dry India(Pakistan)for a couple of hundred years.At least you can get a decent curry on the way home from the pub now.

Have you ever seen the "kitchens" in your curry houses......unfortunately I had to paint one oncebah.gif

What you want me to do change history..how far back do you want to go historically?

as Pakistani or Indian, at least they have money to hire you to paint their place and generate some jobs and income for you, no?smile.png

show some respect man!

Interesting nationalities there and seems many peoples concerns on "who" is overstaying and " who" the main suspect nationalities are appear to be correct...........50 Pakistanis......Im imagining how many made it into the UK over the years and still reside there now bleeding the UK benefits system.

Thousands.

Well there are still hundreds of Africans openly selling drugs on lower Sukhumvit, Thai police seem to getting some kind of cut from them though and let them operate.

See this every time I go there plus the black hookers..

Money talks dealers walk.

Well there certainly is NOT 108 people in that photo.

I see 11 people (not including those standing who are clearly immigration officials) and 10 of those are black or dark skinned. Does that not seem odd to anyone ? May I suggest more than a little racial profiling going on here.

The only people mentioned by name are those from France and America. So no I don't think there is any racial profiling going on.

Thailand seems to hate all foreigners equally.

Archived