Relationships with Students

eldragon

There are a lot of blanket generalisations flying around this site.

I would certainly not recommend using a language school or university as an excuse for dating students, as you don't really know them. If the relationship went wrong, they could easily make a complaint and your days of teaching could be over.

However, I know a few teachers who genuinly fell in love with adult language school students well into their 20s or 30s. They are all happily married with children now. Does that make them sickos?

In future, offer a balanced viewpoint rather than blanket generalisations.

You don't worry that talk of your small limp member gets spread around the school. Maybe she takes a few photos when you are not looking and blackmails you later.

Maybe her Thai BF and his buddies meet you after class some day.

If you have to resort to banging the people that look to you for guidance you are one lost soul. You should be fired and if you were in a school my daughter went to I would make an effort to see it done... Sicko !

One of my students at a language school demanded a teacher that was single.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done it four times at three different universities. Forbidden love adds a great thrill to sex. Danger is addictive.

The first student was extremely cute and pretty. I seduced her and tried to keep our stormy relationship a secret, but I had been under investigation and was fired 6 months later. She is still my occasional (very passionate) bed partner.

Numbers 2, 3 and 4 all initiated their flirtation with me, and I thought, "Why not?" ... But I'd learned from my earlier mistake and kept it discrete. This led to two of the girls' eventual disappointment with me, but I treated them respectfully and gently. We still keep in touch occasionally, not as "gig" though.

I haven't dated any students for the past three years. There's plenty of breathtakingly attractive, cheerful and elegant students wandering around campus, but I leave it up to them to make the first step. Then I'll decide whatever to do next. Carpe diem.

I have no regrets about my past relationships, wasn't raised or indoctrinated religiously at all, but I like my current job and salary so I have no intention of getting into hot water.

I dated two different girls who attended a university I worked for. One of em had a 19 yo sister that was married to a foreigner twice her age. The other girl had been involved with older men ever since she graduated secondary school, including one of her former Thai teachers and a Australian guy 25 years older than her.

at what age do they stop being "kids"? 18 is the law...I didn't make it, I just abide by it. Throughout history, men have preferred younger ladies, while priests have preferred young boys. Only the latter is a crime. As I already stated, it's a bad idea to date a student, and even dating a coworker can have disastrous results on ones career.

If you prey on kids, you likely have no kids.

ok susan, off to school......hope your teacher tries to have sex with you!!!!

and then you have ALL the teachers as predators.....

seems great

LOS at its finest...

Man, you might be out of touch with kids these days. Last time I ran into a former student in the evening, she told her date "This is my teacher. Don't worry, I never fuc&3d him."

at what age do they stop being "kids"? 18 is the law...I didn't make it, I just abide by it. Throughout history, men have preferred younger ladies, while priests have preferred young boys. Only the latter is a crime. As I already stated, it's a bad idea to date a student, and even dating a coworker can have disastrous results on ones career.

18 still seems like a kid to me. But so does 28 in Thailand.

If they're old enough for it to be legal, why worry about anything else?

If you don't want to do it, why think about what others are doing?

Good point. But I can still think it's creepy. Young Thai students tend to seek the approval of their teacher. They also tend to think the foreign teacher is cooler than he/she might really be. And then there's grades hanging over everything. Could be some expectations involved. All things considered, it seems like exploitation.

I would be more than happy to give a student an 'A' they didn't earn, in return for sexual favours (or cash in an envelope).

Am I exploiting them, or are they exploiting me?

You are both exploiting one another. But, if you are a teacher, you are in a situation of power because of your position. The student may well have other pressures, parental, societal to succeed at school, your motives are completely selfish. Teachers are just not instructors, they are in part, responsible for the development of the students in their charge and have obligations to maintain the integrity of the education system in which they work. Your comments completely abrogate these responsibilities. There are no doubt suitable civil and criminal remedies when you are inevitably caught which you would richly deserve. Of course I hope you aren't a teacher and this comment is a pathetic attempt at humor, in this case, I would find it exquisitely ironic if after you completed the transaction you were blackmailed by your exploiter.

This is a really good post and point. Only thing is I probably stopped seeing my teachers as mentors around the time I entered secondary. Once that homeroom experience isn't part of your day anymore, you start to see em less as parental figures and more as educators. They start treating you more like an adult and you feel more responsible for yourself too. By the time I got to university, the profs were pretty much like any other person to me and I spoke to em like I would anyone else. Granted, things are a bit different here. Thai teachers tend to treat their students like kids, even at the university level. But I dont think your average Thai students view foreign teachers the same way. In fact, many of em told me they felt like my class was the only time of the day they could be themselves.

Just think! Who likes you, falls in love with you because you're 'eldragon' as is? Not because of your position, work or status.

Excuse me, we're in Thailand,

No love here, they just want money and an Iphone.

Not all that sure about any love in the west either,

They're just a bit more subtle about getting the money.

but not just any iphone.. no sir!!!

nothing under a 6 and 64GB, these chics and their pics are farkin insane

18 still seems like a kid to me. But so does 28 in Thailand.

There are different versions, but starting in the last 5-10 years; you frequently hear "28 is the new 18," honoring that industrious group, known as the "Millennials." I admit, it is tough to be raised in an area that offers no affordability; 9 Dollar per hour jobs and 500,000 USD houses. However, you would think that would make them work harder to achieve, at least, sustainability, but they seem to give up at a very early age, and the parent's basement it is.

You are both exploiting one another. But, if you are a teacher, you are in a situation of power because of your position. The student may well have other pressures, parental, societal to succeed at school, your motives are completely selfish. Teachers are just not instructors, they are in part, responsible for the development of the students in their charge and have obligations to maintain the integrity of the education system in which they work. Your comments completely abrogate these responsibilities. There are no doubt suitable civil and criminal remedies when you are inevitably caught which you would richly deserve. Of course I hope you aren't a teacher and this comment is a pathetic attempt at humor, in this case, I would find it exquisitely ironic if after you completed the transaction you were blackmailed by your exploiter.

Gotta love all the old dinosaurs,

Came to Thailand to live with a Thai hooker 20+ years or more younger than them (of whatever sex),

But still want to cherry pick a few of their western morals to preach to others about.

Move on man, you ain't in Kansas any more.

The Thai government sets the laws, you comply with them as best you can.

That's all that matters here.

You can't press 'LIKE' or facebook but you can have sex with your student (age dependent rules apply).

• 1 month later...

Grad students ok, undergrads not so much.

Watch this group the closest, they are are Mia Nois... try boppin then the Khun "Yai" finds you.. whoa...

Heck.. it is not like you have to go out and pay for it.. 5555

My friend's M6's have graduated. He says he is tempted.

If the connection is there, then go for it. Thais do. Known a few teachers that dated their secondary students after they graduated, including one woman that dated her female student, and they're not even that close in age.

Archived