A Mini-review Of Four Apartments

We're leaving Thailand, but wanted to pass on a some housing info from the four apartments we've had in Bangkok:

Omni Tower: B19,000/month large studio; very positive experience, Indian (Sikh) management were super, only downside was the walk to Nana BTS

Saranjai Mansion: B16,000/month small one-bedroom; overall negative, was lied to on several occasions by management, then they kept half my two-month security deposit

Nana City Condo: B800/day large studio with sun room; positive experience, friendly and helpful family (all the way in the back) manages the short-term rentals there

Rajah Mansion: B11,000/month studio; seemed great at first, it's new, so not run-down yet. Friendly young woman manages at the office, speaks excellent English (school in USA). Then they stole my security deposit upon check-out...

I'll write a better review after arriving at home station, if anyone has questions on these four places PM me, i'd be glad to answer!

Tnx

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the reviews. very informative. I've also heard negative comments about the conditions of the Rajah Mansion rooms, and them not returning renters deposits.

A couple of questions:

What was the minimum lease requirement for the Omni room at 19,000 baht, and how did they charge for electricity and water?

Where is the Nana City Condo located? At the end of Sukhumvit Soi 4 next to the Tobacco Factory, or on Sukhumvit Soi 3?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the reviews. very informative. I've also heard negative comments about the conditions of the Rajah Mansion rooms, and them not returning renters deposits.

A couple of questions:

What was the minimum lease requirement for the Omni room at 19,000 baht, and how did they charge for electricity and water?

Where is the Nana City Condo located? At the end of Sukhumvit Soi 4 next to the Tobacco Factory, or on Sukhumvit Soi 3?

Thanks

Hi shotover,

I think Omni likes to get the standard 12-month rental contract but are flexible. You might get a better rate with a longer term. Water and electric were seperate bills, delivered in the mailbox and payable along with the rent. But i should mention that i was talking to the laundry lady across the street from Omni, and she told me i could have gotten the same studio from her for 16,000/month.

Nana City Condo is on Sukh Soi 4, not far from Nana Plaza. As you walk down Soi 4 from Sukh, it's on the left, before the Nana City Inn, and across the street from Rajah Mansion. You walk in off the street and back a little ways, all the way to the back, past the elevator. There's always a family member on duty watching from the back, they keep track of who comes and goes to the elevator. I plan to stay there again. No roaches, unlike the Nana City Inn which is in front of it and has a MAJOR roach problem! I think i'd prefer staying there and paying day-by-day, instead of having my deposit ripped off by places like Saranjai and Rajah Mansion.

Thanks for the info Bkkguitar. Useful info. I know some ladies who have lived in Nana Condo for at least 6 years. I think many property owners spend their deposits as soon as they receive them, with no intention of refunding them. Useful to share info on these instances.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info Bkkguitar. Useful info. I know some ladies who have lived in Nana Condo for at least 6 years. I think many property owners spend their deposits as soon as they receive them, with no intention of refunding them. Useful to share info on these instances.

Thanks for the note, shotover!

Just to clarify: Saranjai Mansion and Rajah Mansion stole my deposits. I had a good experience with Nana City Condo and Omni Tower.

I may be heading back to BKK soon, and am thinking of Asoke/Sukhumwit area, or Sukhumwit Suites, if anyone has recommendations there or is looking for a subletter or even roommate... thanks!

• 1 year later...
We're leaving Thailand, but wanted to pass on a some housing info from the four apartments we've had in Bangkok:

Omni Tower: B19,000/month large studio; very positive experience, Indian (Sikh) management were super, only downside was the walk to Nana BTS

Saranjai Mansion: B16,000/month small one-bedroom; overall negative, was lied to on several occasions by management, then they kept half my two-month security deposit

Nana City Condo: B800/day large studio with sun room; positive experience, friendly and helpful family (all the way in the back) manages the short-term rentals there

Rajah Mansion: B11,000/month studio; seemed great at first, it's new, so not run-down yet. Friendly young woman manages at the office, speaks excellent English (school in USA). Then they stole my security deposit upon check-out...

I'll write a better review after arriving at home station, if anyone has questions on these four places PM me, i'd be glad to answer!

Tnx

dorlemon

I booked Rajah Mansion and I will arrive in 2 days. How they stole the deposit ?

Thanks for your answer.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Tnx

dorlemon

I booked Rajah Mansion and I will arrive in 2 days. How they stole the deposit ?

Thanks for your answer.

I have been living in Rajah mansion for almost a year now. I don't think Rajah mansion is like what you've said!! I think it's a very good place to stay and also a low-cost mansion. I've known young Thai lady who speaks English very well and I can tell that she is a really good lady. Moreover, I've never lost anything like you said.

Tnx

dorlemon

Thanks for your answer.

I have been living in Rajah mansion for almost a year now. I don't think Rajah mansion is like what you've said!! I think it's a very good place to stay and also a low-cost mansion. I've known young Thai lady who speaks English very well and I can tell that she is a really good lady. Moreover, I've never lost anything like you said.

That's because you haven't checked out yet.

Tnx

dorlemon

Thanks for your answer.

That's because you haven't checked out yet.

Nope.. I haven't.. but one of my friend who stayed there last month, she checked out and received all the money back and nothing was lost. I think maybe it's because you stayed there long time ago but for now, it's very nice and I love it. You should come here and see!!