Danish man caught with 1.6kg of heroin at Phuket Airport

webfact

Danish man caught with 1.6kg of heroin at Phuket Airport
The Phuket News

1450848109_1-org.jpg
Danish national Peter Efferso, 46, was taken into custody after security staff found 1.6 kilogrammes of heroin wrapped around his waist during a routine pre-flight security check at Phuket Airport. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Security personnel at Phuket International Airport arrested a Danish man with 1.6 kilogrammes of heroin wrapped around his waist as he attempted to board a direct flight to Copenhagan to early this morning (Dec 23).

Danish national Peter Efferso, 46, was taken into custody after security staff found four bundles of heroin wrapped around his waist during a routine pre-flight security check at 6:30am.

He was later handed over to Customs officers then to the Tha Chatchai Police.

Mr Efferso was presented to the press at the airport this morning.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/danish-man-caught-with-1-6kg-of-heroin-at-phuket-airport-55529.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-23

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dane busted for heroin smuggling at Phuket airport
Phuket Gazette

her1.jpeg
Danish national Peter Effersoe was hiding 1.6 kilograms of heroin under his shirt when he attempted to go through Phuket International Airport. Photo: Phuket AoT

PHUKET: -- Airport security detained a Danish national attempting to smuggle heroin into Copenhagen via Phuket International Airport this morning.

“Peter Effersoe, 46, was stopped and searched at a security checkpoint on his way to the immigration counter,” explained Phuket International Airport Deputy Director Patee Chotchuang. “Under his blue dress shirt, tied around his waist, we found 1.6 kilograms of heroin.”

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Dane-busted-heroin-smuggling-Phuket-airport/62704?desktopversion#ad-image-3

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-23

He looks like he has some serious miles on the clock for 46. And he is going to have some seriously harrowing years ahead of him now.

I think the scandinavians have a transfer agreement that allows them to do 10 years here then the remainder at home. I hope in his case thats true. 10 years here inside would equate to a lifetime elsewhere

He looks like he has some serious miles on the clock for 46. And he is going to have some seriously harrowing years ahead of him now.

I think the scandinavians have a transfer agreement that allows them to do 10 years here then the remainder at home. I hope in his case thats true. 10 years here inside would equate to a lifetime elsewhere

The UK has such an deal, none of the UK prisoners apply for it.

They get pardoned by the King after 8-12 years here.

If they go back to the UK they need to serve the sentence that they were given in Thailand - 99 years for many.

It is not the same with most countries, where upon repatriation the sentence is reviewed and they are resentenced in guideline with the home nation.

I would not want to be this lad. A hell not worth imagining awaits.

so in this current climate of hightened security at airports this idiot didn't consider there was a very high chance of being searched and caught, he's lucky this wasn't Indonesia - he'd be heading for death row for sure

I wonder how many times he has done this before

Looking at the pic in the latest article you can see the red double uriglobe branding on the blocks. Thats some high quality golden triangle heroin.

Just goes to he knew someone high up to be able to get the blocks uncut in original packaging.

possibly just a mule being paid a fixed amount to transport, if so there will likely be someone else on the same flight involved

so in this current climate of hightened security at airports this idiot didn't consider there was a very high chance of being searched and caught, he's lucky this wasn't Indonesia - he'd be heading for death row for sure

I wonder how many times he has done this before

New release of "Midnight Express " giggle.gif

Looking at the pic in the latest article you can see the red double uriglobe branding on the blocks. Thats some high quality golden triangle heroin.

Just goes to he knew someone high up to be able to get the blocks uncut in original packaging.

possibly just a mule being paid a fixed amount to transport, if so there will likely be someone else on the same flight involved

Just a struggling bar owner trying to make ends meet. :)

This is a picture from an article in a Danish newspaper 7 years ago about him and another former drug addict fighting their addictions with winter baths. The article doesn't say, but I guess he is the one on the left:

post-5469-0-91010400-1450857348_thumb.jp

Obviously, he went back to using again explaining the drastic change in his appearance over only 7 years. A good advertisement to stay away from drugs.

Sophon

This is a picture from an article in a Danish newspaper 7 years ago about him and another former drug addict fighting their addictions with winter baths. The article doesn't say, but I guess he is the one on the left:

attachicon.gifPeter Effersoe.jpg

Obviously, he went back to using again explaining the drastic change in his appearance over only 7 years. A good advertisement to stay away from drugs.

Sophon

7 years ago ... WOW looks like he has aged at least 14 years and more.

What an idiot.

Archived