Danish man caught with 1.6kg of heroin at Phuket Airport

webfact

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You payz your money and you takes your chances. Opss! Sorry, you lose! Enjoy you life sentence in the Bangkok Hilton. Dry eyes here. coffee1.gif

"But, but, I was just watching another man's bag while he went to the toilet!"

'Why heroin around you stomach farang?"

"Well, it wasn't here this morning. I don't know how it got there. I was napping. I'm sure the strange man put in around my waist."

Yeah, good luck with that defense.

idiot the Bangkok Hilton waits for you now

I thought only blacks are trafficking drugs in Thailand.I was wrong.....welcome to hell Danish guy.

do they still swagger around nana area with their gold chains and necklaces and bracelets complete with their self importance and seemingly with no employment or means of support

He looks like he has some serious miles on the clock for 46. And he is going to have some seriously harrowing years ahead of him now.

I think the scandinavians have a transfer agreement that allows them to do 10 years here then the remainder at home. I hope in his case thats true. 10 years here inside would equate to a lifetime elsewhere

The UK has such an deal, none of the UK prisoners apply for it.

They get pardoned by the King after 8-12 years here.

If they go back to the UK they need to serve the sentence that they were given in Thailand - 99 years for many.

It is not the same with most countries, where upon repatriation the sentence is reviewed and they are resentenced in guideline with the home nation.

I would not want to be this lad. A hell not worth imagining awaits.

Sandra Gregory went back to the UK to serve the remainder of her 25yr sentence, served 4years in Thailand, served another 3yrs in maximum security, in the UK, then the King of Thailand pardoned her, she was then released.

He looks like he has some serious miles on the clock for 46. And he is going to have some seriously harrowing years ahead of him now.

I think the scandinavians have a transfer agreement that allows them to do 10 years here then the remainder at home. I hope in his case thats true. 10 years here inside would equate to a lifetime elsewhere

The UK has such an deal, none of the UK prisoners apply for it.

They get pardoned by the King after 8-12 years here.

If they go back to the UK they need to serve the sentence that they were given in Thailand - 99 years for many.

It is not the same with most countries, where upon repatriation the sentence is reviewed and they are resentenced in guideline with the home nation.

I would not want to be this lad. A hell not worth imagining awaits.

You are right that the UK has a transfer agreement in place as do many countries around the world with Thailand and they all differ widely.

There is no such pardon by the King after 8-12 years as it was felt by the government and indeed the King, that this would send out completely the wrong signals to criminals.

Also, in Thailand at amnesty times such as Kings birthday, coronation day, etc those with drug offences get the absolute least in terms of amnesty, sometimes nothing at all.

Many foreigners cling to these urban myths regards King's amnesties and pardons, everybody will be released in the case of a monarch handing over power for whatever reason, as a prisoner cannot be held for a crime under two kings and various other nonsense desperate people in prison dream up. They will believe anything that is said, such is their desperation to believe good news.

With regards to a UK prisoner seeking repatriation, he is given half of the balance left to serve under the THAI/UK agreement in a British prison. For example, a 20 year sentence in Thailand, he will serve 4 years here and apply to go back. The balance is 16 years, this will be cut to 8 years in prison and 8 years in the community. A person must serve 8 years in a Thai prison if they have been given a life sentence or sentence above 25 years.

The King has been known to give amnesties/pardons for females and people suffering terminal illnesses.

There are exceptions in this treaty put in there by the UK with regards to paedophiles!! The UK regards paedophiles in a lower category than drug mules.

He still gets amnesties from Thailand when they are given and they are applied to him relative to his behavior standard class that he achieved in Thailand, which range from very bad, bad,( no amnesty ) standard, good, very good and excellent.

Re-sentencing does apply to some countries depending on their agreement with Thailand.

This is a picture from an article in a Danish newspaper 7 years ago about him and another former drug addict fighting their addictions with winter baths. The article doesn't say, but I guess he is the one on the left:

attachicon.gifPeter Effersoe.jpg

Obviously, he went back to using again explaining the drastic change in his appearance over only 7 years. A good advertisement to stay away from drugs.

Sophon

im quite sure he is the one on the right, i read the article in Danish.

Its very sad and what life can do to a man in just 8 years time. And what harm drugs can bring to people in any and all ways.

He will probably not survive Thai prison. Normally i dont that people get what they ask for, but somehow i feel sad about this man.

Looking at the pic in the latest article you can see the red double uriglobe branding on the blocks. Thats some high quality golden triangle heroin.

Just goes to he knew someone high up to be able to get the blocks uncut in original packaging.

It is either Red Lion or W O Globe, from my experiences 40 years ago. 97% pure.

News to me that heroin comes with brand name packaging.

Wow.

Never saw that in the movies.

I wonder with changing governments in Myanmar and Laos if this stuff can be rooted out...

Looking at the pic in the latest article you can see the red double uriglobe branding on the blocks. Thats some high quality golden triangle heroin.

Just goes to he knew someone high up to be able to get the blocks uncut in original packaging.

possibly just a mule being paid a fixed amount to transport, if so there will likely be someone else on the same flight involved

Possibly just a mule being paid a fixed amount to transport.

More like a jackass to me.

It is a little funny to read the lighthearted quips about his age,

or (really too well informed) guesses about the origin / purity of the dope.

If this were a Thai, we would be up to page 20 in the forum, and the mountain of insults

and horrid descriptions of how he deserves to die ... etc .. would be formidable indeed.

My point being ... the next time a Thai makes an illegal u turn, or gets in a bar fight ...

remember the day a Farang was caught with enough Heroin and at a level of purity to ruin a thousand lives ...

and the input from Thai Visa?

"Oh my, he does look old for his age"

OK, well yeah, but...

(1) several posters did smirk about the idea of him being raped in prison, a nasty thought I do not personally endorse. But it's not like they wished the guy well.

(2) I am personally thrilled when Malaysia hangs drug runners, especially when they are White and home country "leaders" are "calling" for clemency. BUT I didn't say anything here about Thailand, because, I am not Thai, and can't discuss Thai politics. So please don't assume that my silence implies I personally would spare the guy.

Your brain would have to be fried to think taping a bunch of smack around your waist under a baggy shirt is going to get you through customs, What was his plans for getting through Danish customs?

Hmmm maybe this is why people are always poking my stomach! They are looking for drugs!

And here I just thought it was just a cruel sense of humor!

possibly just a mule being paid a fixed amount to transport, if so there will likely be someone else on the same flight involved

Just a struggling bar owner trying to make ends meet. smile.png

hey .... where's da finger point ?

Dead man walking , I dont understand people . 99times out of 100 the one you get it from is the one that drops the dime . Called double payment ....

True but he would be caught anyway, it´s not possible to pass the securitycheck with that amount of crap on your body.

Smack doesn´t only makes you look old, it also makes you stupid as hell.

Looks to me he viewed this venture as shit or bust.Unfortunately the former applies in this case.Think he looks old now?Look again in a couple of years on a diet of water,fish heads and rice.

The fool and fall of the great Dane.His own life in tatters, and a lot of people in wonderful wonderful Copenhagen will be eating their turkey cold this Xmas.

so in this current climate of hightened security at airports this idiot didn't consider there was a very high chance of being searched and caught, he's lucky this wasn't Indonesia - he'd be heading for death row for sure

I wonder how many times he has done this before

According to another source, this was his 3rd time smuggling drugs. He is reselling the stuff in Belgium.

Archived