what is ban chang like to live in. advice on things to do .

dirtycash

One very good thing about living in Ban Chang is that it is an easy 20 minute drive to Makro Rayong which is about 3 times the size of the Pattaya one, also the new Central with Robinsons is great place to shop.

From Tesco Ban Chang to Macro Rayong the distance is 51km.

Only if you go the wrong way.

It's 31km and should take around 30 min (without traffic):

https://goo.gl/maps/WmzAvZj3Bv22

You are correct, I also used google maps but did not notice that google used Macro Ban Phe instead of Rayong. However, between 07:00 to 19:00 even 30 minutes is very difficult, if you want to manage the way in in 20 minutes you have to start at 02:00 in the morning.

The traffic between Sattahip and Rayong is no joy.

I live in KM.10 and for me it is quicker to go to Macro Jomtien.

https://goo.gl/MKRuqG

One very good thing about living in Ban Chang is that it is an easy 20 minute drive to Makro Rayong which is about 3 times the size of the Pattaya one, also the new Central with Robinsons is great place to shop.

From Tesco Ban Chang to Macro Rayong the distance is 51km.

Only if you go the wrong way.

It's 31km and should take around 30 min (without traffic):

https://goo.gl/maps/WmzAvZj3Bv22

You are correct, I also used google maps but did not notice that google used Macro Ban Phe instead of Rayong. However, between 07:00 to 19:00 even 30 minutes is very difficult, if you want to manage the way in in 20 minutes you have to start at 02:00 in the morning.

The traffic between Sattahip and Rayong is no joy.

I live in KM.10 and for me it is quicker to go to Macro Jomtien.

https://goo.gl/MKRuqG

Kilosip is not Ban Chang, of course you would be quicker going to Jomtien.

You dont actually go to Rayong, only to the flyover before Mathaput, take a left over to 36, then south to the next flyover and do a U turn and you are there, dual /triple carriageway all the way, it is not difficult to do in about half an hour...okay 20 minutes was maybe ambitious but seriosly not much longer.

• Like 1

lived in isaan , ban chang could be no worse.

I think the main advantage of Ban Chang is that Pattaya/Jomtien is an easy drive away for shops and restaurants etc., and even Bangkok isn't too far for a day trip. When I drive down to Ban Chang from Jomtien for a quiet day out the traffic is usually pretty fluid. (I only go on weekdays, of course.)

lived in isaan , ban chang could be no worse.

I think the main advantage of Ban Chang is that Pattaya/Jomtien is an easy drive away for shops and restaurants etc., and even Bangkok isn't too far for a day trip. When I drive down to Ban Chang from Jomtien for a quiet day out the traffic is usually pretty fluid. (I only go on weekdays, of course.)

I think the main advantage is that you dont need to go to Pattaya/Jomtien.

Isn't your condo ready?

what has my condo in pattaya got anything remotely to do with me going to live with my girl in ban chang ? are you depressed or just sad ?

Perhaps I've read too much John Grisham and the like, but you introduced the topic so the question is allowed. Please answer.

what kind of retard would ask such a question ? do you own homework and look for yourself , heres a starter ( CCR matrix )

Ban Chang is like most places,it has it's positives and unfortunately it's negative side. The Beach for the most part resembles a rubbish dump, the one exemption is at the end of Palu beach, were the restauanteur works hard at keeping it clean,and this is where you will find that most Farangs and their families go.

There are a few gyms, probably the best is at a mo Bahn just north of sukhumvit road.

Plenty of golf courses for those who are not into exercise.

A soi for the overweight and passed it bar girl.

Some decent restaurants, Though not the choice as in Pattaya and elsewhere .

Plenty of reasonably priced houses for rent.

For shopping, Ban Chang has probably the worst Tesco in Thailand. This means that most Farangs travel to Pattaya, approx 45k or to Rayong approx 30k, to purchase their provisions. Both of these towns can also boast decent shopping malls. Unfortunately Pattaya traffic is usually grid locked.

As others have said there are quite a few Farangs in this district, mostly off shore workers, those employed at Mataput or retirees. Not so many foreign tourist.

You have probably made the correct decision to visit and get a feel of the place, one person may like while another will not.

I lived in Bang Chang for two years, I left because of the pollution coming from the industrial area.

The bar strip is full of women that were kicked out of Pattaya for being so ugly.

The beaches are filthy.

It is the worst Tesco in Thailand.

What a lot of <deleted> I have lived here for 3 years and the Navy beach is clean and the water quality superb the Bar strip is busy with some of the most lovely girls in Thailand great pub called the Camel with great falang and Thai food, Ban Chang is the next place to boom unfortunately but a great place to invest you can still buy a beach front 45sq condo for under 1 million, I bought 3x 45s and merged them to make a 135sqm two bedroom two bathroom on the 4th floor with absolute sea view that cannot be built out for 2 million. In 3 years living here we have still not tried all the eateries there are so many

Very good advice.

A great place to invest? It sure doesn't read like it would be

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

hello, any update on Banchang ? Nothing special but everything enough to stay there without visiting Pattaya often ?

Thanks.

Very seldom need to go to Pattaya for anything these days, lots of eating options now, including a very good and cheap expat food shop on the bypass road if you crave a taste of home, lot's of bars of all kinds.

I find it easier to go to Central-Rayong on the 36 road rather than put up with the traffic going into Pattaya, same road has Global house, Hardware house etc.

The beaches are nothing special but can be quite relaxing at Phala beach.

• Like 1

Personally preferred Rayong city than Banchang. Although it put more miles to pattaya but we only go there like once or twice a month. BanChang have a nice beach at Nangrong inside Utapao Airport but other than that... I really don't know much about it... Big Tesco maybe.

In Rayong there's Central Plaza, Passione shopping. Seangchan Beach, Zood disco, etc. 

14 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Phala beach is the one with nice trees for shadow and nice restaurant to eat front beach ?

Yes lots of trees at Phala and a good seafood restaurant, Payoon beach also has a very good restaurant - The Bella Vista, excellent steaks!!

• 7 months later...
On 12/26/2015 at 6:49 PM, pommy pete said:

What a lot of &lt;deleted&gt; I have lived here for 3 years and the Navy beach is clean and the water quality superb the Bar strip is busy with some of the most lovely girls in Thailand great pub called the Camel with great falang and Thai food, Ban Chang is the next place to boom unfortunately but a great place to invest you can still buy a beach front 45sq condo for under 1 million, I bought 3x 45s and merged them to make a 135sqm two bedroom two bathroom on the 4th floor with absolute sea view that cannot be built out for 2 million. In 3 years living here we have still not tried all the eateries there are so many

Very good advice.

If it's the large white condo building, is that your 3 units with the '135 sqm Condo for sale' sign on the terrace?

Ban Chang is a bit boring with a few bars and a few girly bars. It takes about two days to get to know it and it has an unpleasant parochial village like feel to it. I have been twice and won't be going again.  It has no go go bars, no quality restaurants and a small group of expats who live in each others pockets. It might suit older people who have given up on life. Not me. The bar girls are unprofessional compared to Pattaya.