Thai Pan Hotel

Blackandwhite

All I can say even remotely related is that I booked the Tai-Pan hotel on my last trip and then changed the booking to the Windsor Suites, to be closer to where my girlfriend works. Also thought WS would be nicer and closer to BTS.

Windsor Suites is reasonably nice, but I won't stay there again. Unfriendly staff.

I can also relate that calling anywhere from a hotel phone is expensive. And if you call a mobile phone from the hotel phone, they call that "long distance" and charge you really high rates. Best solution is to buy a tri-band GSM cell phone in advance, and pop in a Thailand SIM card when you arrive. Available at most of the little Jay-Marts in the BTS train stations. Much much cheaper overall than a hotel phone, and you can take it with you.

In fact, if you get a SIM card on EBay before you leave, you can pass along to family and friends your cell phone number before you leave. Incoming calls to the cell phone are free. And pre-paid International outgoing calls are allowed, about 25-baht per minute.

kenk3z

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed at the Taipan in BBK for 5 nights last year cost me 1200b a night thru a agency I found on the net > can't remember who now.Nothing all that marvelous but ok.

Incedentally, I went in to the Taipan in Vientienne in Lao and thought it would be a similar price and got quoted a totally rip off price some :o where around 3500b a night. :D:D

Have not stayed at the Tai Pan personally but have had several business colleagues visiting who have.

There are better deals (price/comfort/location) to be be had in the Sukhumvit region.

It is very close to Soi Cowboy if such a thing is a consideration. It is also very convenient to the BTS and where the subway sytem will be, which makes getting around very easy

Also thought WS would be nicer and closer to BTS.

Windsor Suites is reasonably nice, but I won't stay there again.  Unfriendly staff. 

How much closer is The Windsor Suites to the BTS? About 5ft? I would not even argue with anyone saying it is further away.

Certainly it is an alternative to the TaiPan. It is a large fairly anonymous hotel. Again feedback from visitng colleagues -ok nothing special