Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appeal time, this isnt done, world media is going to be all over this.

One more nail in the Juntas coffin.

Why would this be a nail in the Juntas coffin they have done their duty to the people who brought them in. The ruling criminal elite.

And so the bubble pops...

The people saying that no evidence was presented are in complete denial, the main evidence against them, DNA found inside the rape victim was presented by the prosecution and not contested in any meaningful way by the defense.

Would like to see the judges' rationale on how they arrived at the verdict.

The judge is supposed to put in writing the rationale behind the decision, I hope someone takes the time and effort to translate it into English, in toto and without creative interpretations or convenient omissions as it has been the norm for the press work on issues related to this case.

You obviously didn't follow the news, even the DNA found inside was not true, and the condom used was not even tampered with DNA, so go reread the whole story

Appeal time, this isnt done, world media is going to be all over this.

One more nail in the Juntas coffin.

I hope so, but this story is to old. It's Christmas in are part of the world.

This will be a note...and forgotten soon.... Sadly

Btw merry Christmas

What a farce.

The farce was especially the performance by armchair detectives say true or false without any concrete evidence.
The height of absurdity was far exceeded by the petition with tens of thousands of people all equally ignorant of the details of the case.
The evidence we read everything and anything on the net
Proof that petitions can be treated with contempt
Shame for those who have asserted the Innocence 2 B on the core principle that they were not the heads of murderers.
The shame for all those who have sullied the Thai authorities simply because they detest this country they have chosen nevertheless.
Needless to mention their names, They will recognize.

These guys were as innocent as they come. And most of us know who committed the crime. And he is free as a jaybird. Want to take wagers on how long it is until his next victims will fall?

I won't be one of them as I shall never again set foot on that wretched island.

My heart goes out to those two youngsters for whatever little it is worth.

Im not going to comment on the guilty verdict as i wasnt there nor was I in court although i have huge doubts.

But, at the very, very, very least, a spotlight needs to be thrown on the justice system here as the investigation and the ensuing court case was a farce from start to finish.

From the onset , the police handled everything wrong and one of the worst aspects was the taking of and showing on social media photos of the poor victims. That set the tone and it didnt get better.

A pure, unadulterated disgrace.

I really didn't think this court would have the guts to convict them given how badly the prosecution's case was torn apart by the defense.

What a horrendous travesty of justice.

This basically says torturing suspects for a confession is accepted practice in Thailand and shoddy police investigative work can be overlooked. This case would have been thrown out before it even got started in a western country.

What a farce.

The farce was especially the performance by armchair detectives say true or false without any concrete evidence.
The height of absurdity was far exceeded by the petition with tens of thousands of people all equally ignorant of the details of the case.
Shame for those who have asserted the Innocence 2 B on the core principle that they were not the heads of murderers.
The shame for all those who have sullied the Thai authorities simply because they detest this country they have chosen nevertheless.

What a farce

"DNA up to International standards" ??

Didnt they say the same about their aircraft maintenance ... then ended up getting outsiders to help them finally do it right?

IMHO, they had to come to that verdict because of the culture in Thailand and the ridiculous "face saving" they adopt....

then also knowing an appeal would be forthcoming, can proceed again without fear of embarrassment and come to a decision based on the evidence, lack of or mishandled..... giving the justice system a convenient way out

It would be great to hear what the foreign forensic team discovered .....

Well it was a 'perfect investigation' which is green light even guidance from on high isnt it..

The PM praised the police a year ago for solving the case so quickly. So the PM is the judge Seven year jail sentence for criticing a court decision

I have no idea of their guilt or innocence, i do feel the investigation was a sham and evidence corrupted, for that reason alone they should be set free, if they did it and go free, karma will deal with them. It is more important for the police and justice system to be reformed and professionalized than for these 2 insignifcant guys to be punished.... guilty or not they screwed the case up... beyond a reasonable dougt was not achieved.

Well it was a 'perfect investigation' which is green light even guidance from on high isnt it..

The PM praised the police a year ago for solving the case so quickly. So the PM is the judge Seven year jail sentence for criticing a court decision

What a farce.

Utter, abject, total nonsense. As far as I recall. no one proclaimed innocence but rather many people, myself included, have grave doubts about the fairness of the process and the quality of the prosecution's case. It had/has a smell about it that won't go away and it persists regardless of affection or otherwise for Thailand

What a farce.

so you know so much

Can you explain why there was no DNA belonging to the B2 on the hoe ???????

How was Hannah and David killed ? please give a clear explanation

Thankfully there an appeal process.

Hopefully the world media and governments put the heat on this shambles.

Is the judge required to give his/her summary of considerations which led to the verdict?

Appeal ?

No judge will overturn the original judge's verdict, as that would mean a massive loss of face for him, probably more than his life is worth in this country.

Archived