Vacation home in Hua Hin area

AJBangkok

I am considering buying a 2nd home/weekender in the Hua Hin area. I live in Bangkok and also have a place in Phuket which I use only during the high season down there. I am not sure which area to target although I woukd like to be within 20 minutes of Hua Hun. I have been thinking of either one of those monolithic cement houses on Palm Hills golf course or something beachfront or very close to the beach with a good sea view. I understand that the closer to HH the higher the price but I would prefer something within an easy drive so I can drive into town for dinners etc. I am not interested in anything Leasehold and would consider a condo so long as it has its own splash pool.

My questions wold be if I bought Palm Hills is it easy to get simeone to look after the gardens and pool and keep the place in order when I am not there? Is there anthyng bad about living there that members are aware of? Also how far south of HH could I reasonably consider if I would be going in to HH daily ? And what is that area like to live in.

Finally I am fully aware of the laws of owning property in Thailand so no need for those "helpful " comments about real estate ownership.

Same old, same old question and same old advice.

The only way you will be able to assess the pros and cons are to rent for, say, 6-12 months.

I am sure that you have earned your money the hard way ( you've worked for it). So remember; it's always easier to buy something than it is to sell it, in the event that it doesn't work out for you. I'm a bit surprised, if you have worked for your wealth, that you're bother to do any of your DD on a TV forum.

I am considering buying a 2nd home/weekender in the Hua Hin area. I live in Bangkok and also have a place in Phuket which I use only during the high season down there. I am not sure which area to target although I woukd like to be within 20 minutes of Hua Hun. I have been thinking of either one of those monolithic cement houses on Palm Hills golf course or something beachfront or very close to the beach with a good sea view. I understand that the closer to HH the higher the price but I would prefer something within an easy drive so I can drive into town for dinners etc. I am not interested in anything Leasehold and would consider a condo so long as it has its own splash pool.

My questions wold be if I bought Palm Hills is it easy to get simeone to look after the gardens and pool and keep the place in order when I am not there? Is there anthyng bad about living there that members are aware of? Also how far south of HH could I reasonably consider if I would be going in to HH daily ? And what is that area like to live in.

Finally I am fully aware of the laws of owning property in Thailand so no need for those "helpful " comments about real estate ownership.

So this world actually be your 3rd home

Palm Hills is interesting. I would find out if they are having money/management problems.

they last time i was at the sports club the streets looked run down.

and there was that Thai "unfinished project" look.

many houses for sale with big signs out front around the golf course.

just drive in and tell the guard you are going to the sports club and then just drive all around.

i live 4 kilometers south of HH in Khao Takiab. there are about six very nice condo building directly on the beach. very tall towers. much better than the small box condos. some in the 30 million baht plus range. much easier to get into HH from the south without having to pass through "downtown" HH. closer to bangkok hospital which is the best hospital. and some nice seafood restaurants down here.

Palm Hill is north of the airport and you have to drive south past downtown to get to Market Village and Villa Market, but you will be closer to Makro. Not sure what you do in the evening in Palm Hills and the surrounding area.

i would drive south and look on soi 110 and soi 156 about 6-8 kilometers south of HH. Many nice new houses in that area and near the beach.

from there you can go south for groceries in Pranbury at Tesco Lotus and Makro.

traffic is getting really terrible in HH.

Archived