• SoiBiker
    • Transam
    • villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All getting tad Complex for me. Can't understand half the waffle.. So I'll stick with TA.He just drinks beer ,sings songs , and checks tire pressures and don't give a rats ass, a unique quality here.Can I give my Naam n Rons vote to him now the gone.[emoji23][emoji567]

I voted for you, Until tomorrow...

The thing about this, is the almost school thing. The five people have to answer questions about their lives etc. why? I find that a bit too personal. No way would i have done that apart from finding The Bare Naked Ladies video.

Anyway, good luck to all five. Merry Christmas to all. And i'll be back next year!! As usual, Potter potter.....!!?

Emoticons --

If you use emoticons, what do you think is the one emoticon that you use most often? If you don't, what would it be if you did use them?

smile.png

Thai food --

What are your five favorite Thai food dishes, if you eat Thai food, and if you don't eat Thai food, why not?

I don’t really have favorites except that I like everything my wife makes.

Poster of the Year Crown --

Please describe what your fantasy crown would look like if you win Poster of the Year?

It would be black and look like my Giro cycle helmet.

Nationalities --

If you had to live in another country than Thailand, but not your home country, which country would be your first choice and why?

(Regardless of visa and financial limitations.)

After 40 years in Thailand I might be interested in rediscovering my home country but that is excluded as an option. That is probably where I would go, though.

Thainess-osities --

Would you miss bum guns if you left (or have left) Thailand? Would you (have you) install a Thai bum gun outside Thailand?

Yes, I miss bum guns when we travel so I presume I would install one.

Thread samples --

Please provide links to a few threads that you started that you feel best represent the style of your participation at Thaivisa.com forum.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/757085-the-expat-divide/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/876948-driving-mountain-roads-in-northern-thailand-part-1/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/383334-good-things-topic/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/257672-finished-house-picture-views-and-gardens-welcome/

Posting so much --

People in contention for POTY awards are sometimes high volume posters. Please share your feelings about members who post a lot, whether that includes you or not.

I really don’t care how much or how often someone posts. I don’t, however, care much for people who pass judgement on fellow posters for whatever reason.

Self evaluation, rate 1 to 10 --

With 1 being lowest and 10 being highest, please RATE YOURSELF on your posts at Thaivisa. Careful about too much BS as people who know your posts may easily detect that.

Wittiness 5

Helpfulness 3 I try to encourage self-reliance

Trollishness 1

Knowledge level on topics posted 9

Hotheadedness 1

Curiosity 9

Patience with others who behave badly 9

Bombastic 1

Spiciness 2

Entertainment value 3

Writing quality 10

Thai-ier than thou level 8

Your BRAND on Thaivisa --

How would you describe your "BRAND" in the political sense as a poster on Thaivisa and finalist in the POTY contest? Everyone seems to have a brand these days. Ideally a brand is one word, a few words, or at most a short sentence. If you don't want to boil this down to a brand label, talking about the forums you usually post in here and your most frequent topic areas will provide similar information.

My brand is “villagefarang” and I can be found across the internet and social media by googling my brand.

Winning POTY --

What would winning the POTY Grand Finale mean to you? Do you want to win? Why? There is no cash prize, you know

While I am pleased and honored to be included in the final five, I think it is laughable to suggest that I might win. I will try to expand upon my reasoning later.

Edited by villagefarang

Emoticons --

If you use emoticons, what do you think is the one emoticon that you use most often? If you don't, what would it be if you did use them?

smile.png

Thai food --

What are your five favorite Thai food dishes, if you eat Thai food, and if you don't eat Thai food, why not?

I dont really have favorites except that I like everything my wife makes.

Please describe what your fantasy crown would look like if you win Poster of the Year?

Nationalities --

If you had to live in another country than Thailand, but not your home country, which country would be your first choice and why?

After 40 years in Thailand I might be interested in rediscovering my home country but that is excluded as an option. That is probably where I would go, though.

Thainess-osities --

Would you miss bum guns if you left (or have left) Thailand? Would you (have you) install a Thai bum gun outside Thailand?

Thread samples --

Please provide links to a few threads that you started that you feel best represent the style of your participation at Thaivisa.com forum.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/876948-driving-mountain-roads-in-northern-thailand-part-1/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/257672-finished-house-picture-views-and-gardens-welcome/

Posting so much --

People in contention for POTY awards are sometimes high volume posters. Please share your feelings about members who post a lot, whether that includes you or not.

I really dont care how much or how often someone posts. I dont, however, care much for people who pass judgement on fellow posters for whatever reason.

With 1 being lowest and 10 being highest, please RATE YOURSELF on your posts at Thaivisa. Careful about too much BS as people who know your posts may easily detect that.

Wittiness 5

Trollishness 1

Hotheadedness 1

Curiosity 9

Bombastic 1

Spiciness 2

Entertainment value 3

Writing quality 10

How would you describe your "BRAND" in the political sense as a poster on Thaivisa and finalist in the POTY contest? Everyone seems to have a brand these days. Ideally a brand is one word, a few words, or at most a short sentence. If you don't want to boil this down to a brand label, talking about the forums you usually post in here and your most frequent topic areas will provide similar information.

My brand is villagefarang and I can be found across the internet and social media by googling my brand.

Winning POTY --

What would winning the POTY Grand Finale mean to you? Do you want to win? Why? There is no cash prize, you know

While I am pleased and honored to be included in the final five, I think it is laughable to suggest that I might win. I will try to expand upon my reasoning later.

post-119133-0-22178500-1451010135_thumb.

I am going to propose in future years that all AS SOON AS NOMINATED be required to reply to a PM stating they agree to stay in the contest all the way, or withdraw from the start. Campaigning is optional of course. People nominated who don't agree to stay in the race shouldn't even be on ANY voting list, even the earliest one. Issue solved.

Have you been given the Poll Lord title for life? biggrin.png

I hope so. I can't image anyone else being so anal or willing to stay at the keyboard 24 hrs/day.

Emoticons --

smile.png

Thai food --

I dont really have favorites except that I like everything my wife makes.

Nationalities --

Thainess-osities --

Thread samples --

Posting so much --

I really dont care how much or how often someone posts. I dont, however, care much for people who pass judgement on fellow posters for whatever reason.

Wittiness 5

Trollishness 1

Hotheadedness 1

Curiosity 9

Bombastic 1

Spiciness 2

Entertainment value 3

Writing quality 10

My brand is villagefarang and I can be found across the internet and social media by googling my brand.

Winning POTY --

post-35940-0-20651700-1451012344_thumb.p

Have to be back to another bone braking day in my kitchen in a few minutes...though will be back tonight...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU....

Welcome to the FINALS Crazy Chef! I'm so glad you made it. Went to bed yesterday around 10:30 pm, probably while you were still working. Nothing exciting happening on the Semi-Finals thread and I was tired from a long day of Christmas eve parties -- undoubtedly catered by hard-working people like you.

So this morning, when I got up and looked at what happened on the Semi-Final thread after I went to bed, I was so wracked with guilt to see that you had checked in just after I left and all you wanted in your fatigued state was to see a nice amusing cat video. You waited in vain, not knowing I'd gone to bed. I had failed you. Plus, I hadn't voted for you, back when it was possible to be generous with votes. I felt like the Grinch who Stole Christmas.

But then, as I read this thread, I see that you had your Christmas miracle, Crazy Chef. You've made the Finals!

Crazy Chef -- do you like Christmas? Many cats don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUqSt0i6zmc

Have to be back to another bone braking day in my kitchen in a few minutes...though will be back tonight...

Welcome to the FINALS Crazy Chef! I'm so glad you made it. Went to bed yesterday around 10:30 pm, probably while you were still working. Nothing exciting happening on the Semi-Finals thread and I was tired from a long day of Christmas eve parties -- undoubtedly catered by hard-working people like you.

So this morning, when I got up and looked at what happened on the Semi-Final thread after I went to bed, I was so wracked with guilt to see that you had checked in just after I left and all you wanted in your fatigued state was to see a nice amusing cat video. You waited in vain, not knowing I'd gone to bed. I had failed you. Plus, I hadn't voted for you, back when it was possible to be generous with votes. I felt like the Grinch who Stole Christmas.

But then, as I read this thread, I see that you had your Christmas miracle, Crazy Chef. You've made the Finals!

I wouldn't be too worried. God knows what he and his cronies say about you in their little clubhouse...

I am going to propose in future years that all AS SOON AS NOMINATED be required to reply to a PM stating they agree to stay in the contest all the way, or withdraw from the start. Campaigning is optional of course. People nominated who don't agree to stay in the race shouldn't even be on ANY voting list, even the earliest one. Issue solved.

Have you been given the Poll Lord title for life? biggrin.png

I hope so. I can't image anyone else being so anal or willing to stay at the keyboard 24 hrs/day.
Haaaa. You just got my vote! I can get you a couple others but they will not vote today cause of X mas. Thanks.

I wouldn't be too worried. God knows what he and his cronies say about you in their little clubhouse...[/quot

so much bitterness even at this time of the year where forgivness and reconcilation should prevail...

I wouldn't be too worried. God knows what he and his cronies say about you in their little clubhouse...[/quot

so much bitterness even at this time of the year where forgivness and reconcilation should prevail...

Says the moderator of a forum where people abuse Thaivisa members behind their back.

Says the moderator of a forum where people abuse Thaivisa members behind their back.

Oh really? Do tell. Would love to see some action approaching last years POTY meltdown.

Yeah, but that is different, don't u know?