90 Day Reporting Online Experiences 2016

Tywais

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

90 Day reporting on line - did it yesterday evening and it failed, but it was 91 days.

Did it this morning about 8am and got a reply at 9.08am to say it was accepted.

I followed the 90 day procedures linked in the 1st posting and it was painless if you do exactly as instructed but do note,

Use the drop down things - Chiang Mai is miss spelt. I assume if you spell it correctly the system can not find your address.

Since 99% of windows computers still have IE installed I used IE to do the report. Tried first in Firefox but you had to type a letter, wait 30 secs, type the next letter etc. Much quicker to start up IE and use that.

Do note the application number - long thing that allows for many trillions to visit Thailand each year. Although I think you can log back in using passport details.

This next bit requires checking and confirmation by others:

To print out the 'approved' notice (after I got my approval email) I clicked 'application (PRINT)' - and got a message saying immigration wanted to close the page. But you have to click 'download' before the page is closed - so reject the message about closing from IE and then download the approval notice.

Then you need to do it again to download the 'next appointment PRINT' - this download has the receipt of notification to put in your passport.

This is my first on-line report and follows a trip out of the country.

Fiddly, but better than a trip to promenade.

Apparently 90 day reporting by post is no longer an option.

... for Sparkles, at least coffee1.gif

There will be a few more people trekking in there Monday as they have no intention of posting them.

At least you get your self addressed envelope back !

Apparently 90 day reporting by post is no longer an option.

... for Sparkles, at least coffee1.gif

There will be a few more people trekking in there Monday as they have no intention of posting them.

At least you get your self addressed envelope back !

And yet some are in fact getting them back even yesterday folks who mailed on 12/18/15 just got theirs back

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881961-90-day-reporting-comments-and-experiences-2016/#entry10285969

So as always there are no absolutes in CM Imm no matter who tells you what

Ah well just roll with it I guess wink.png

No matter what I've tried today using different browsers & settings, I can only get as far as "Submit", hit the button, and no server response at the point.....the drop down menu for "Nationality" doesn't respond, so I don't know if when typing "USA" in the box is an error preventing the processing....I'm within the 15-7 days online window...

Frustrating if no matter what browser you try, the drop down menu still refuses to work. Since U.S. citizens need to select "AMERICAN/อเมริกัน" from the drop down list, don't know if typing that as free text (do not include the quotes) would work. But, you will also need the ability to use drop-down lists when you enter your address on later screens. You may want to try starting over using latest rev version of IE (if available) and try this link: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

You've absolutely got to the use the drop-down menus if they're an option. For example, they have misspelled Chiang Mai, at least in English, in their drop-down for the provinces, so if you typed it with the correct spelling, it wouldn't recognize the province name.

MadMac- it DID work for me first & only time I tried- last September. CMsojourner- thanks for the help but still the same- no drop down yet I get all the way to "Submit" & click and no response from the server. NancyL- Keep up all your good works- I follow closely. I think that it is the inability to get the drop down which is preventing my being able to process it this time....am going to mail it in now

We had the subject before, the conclusion was you need to do one report in person before it's entered in the computer.

What I don't understand however, my last entry was in BKK and I did a report in person there. As the Website does not ask for a location and immediately fails after pressing the button (not enough time to check any database), I believe the system is still flawed and it's a software problem.

jeffandgap - Glad to hear that you got the drop down to work, at least for Nationality. Were you also able to use the pull-down calendar to select your Entry Date (automatically submits in required dd/MM/yyyy format)? Also, curious, has there been any change in your Entry Date or Departure Card ID since the last time you were able to successfully use the 90-day Online in September?

Have heard that you have to file your first 90-day in person or by mail after you re-enter the country, also a TM.30 report to document your new Entry Date and Departure Card (along with a TM.28 if anyone has moved from one province to another). Some may get past this requirement, some do not. As MadMac mentioned the system is still flawed. Not having any pop-up panel appear after you click Submit advising you of what is going on, especially when the system stalls, is one of the many needed "enhancements". If their system could not find a match between what you had entered and the information on your last 90-day report, it should say so.

Thanks MadMac & CMs....I do now recall seeing the mention of having to report in person the first time...since I did my one & only 90D report last Sept I got a new passport and left Thailand for a brief holiday and upon my return assumed my new passport info would be in the system....so my Entry Date as well as the Departure Card are different than last Sept....I was able to get to both dropdown menus using IE7 btw..but no doubt my failure seems indeed due to needing to report in person or by mail w/my new documents... I mailed it in today & hope I'll get the slip back soon...thanks all for your help & advice!

• 2 weeks later...

Submitted my online report this morning using I.E as I initially attempted using Edge, which was best described as hesitant.

Chiang Mai is my reporting office and I'm pleased to say I received a status email from them, saying my application

had been approved. Time lapse between submitting and receiving status email 3.5 hours !

Well done CM Immigration on this one !

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I have now gone a full year with being able to file 90-day reports online (just did our fourth -- a total of 8 altogether). The only bump was yesterday when I got the classic "Report to immigration" message for each of us. Figured I was one day shy of my 15-day lead of when I was supposed to use this. When we tried again this morning, our reports were approved just fine in 15 min.

Today was also the first time we had filed our reports online after we last re-entered the country. So filing in person the first time after returning may or may not be a requirement. It could have helped that we had dropped off a TM.30 report at Promenada Imm. right after we got back (took about 15 min.). While we may have been lucky using online so far, we also realize that it does not work for everyone -- like the friend who got a new passport after he had last entered Thailand and found he could not use online. We found the links that Tywais had posted in his pinned procedures useful.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying every time before my due date for over a year now...used every browser, but no luck. Tries ranging from 30days prior to 15days. Always get the "refer to Imm error message" My conclusion is that because my 2007 Departure Card is not recent I'm not in the system. Even though when i lost my 90 day slip late last year, they found my details quickly enough on the system to fine me.cheesy.gif

Is the server down right now ? Can somebody check please ?

Looks broken now.

Failure of Web Server bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent.

Is the server down right now ? Can somebody check please ?

Looks broken now.

Failure of Web Server bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent.

Yup. Typical ain't it. I tried to access at least the first page several times in the last two weeks on a Mac with Safari, just to see if it looked like it would work. No problem at all. Drop downs all working. Try today when it's time to actually DO it:

"Failure of Web Server bridge" post-4641-1156693976.gif

Will try tomorrow then will do the postal option.

My 90-day report was due March 4th. I sent my papers by post on the 11th of February. I just received my notification. Unfortunately, and as I had read previously, they do not bother to stamp the date from when it should be due (the 4th of March), they instead stamp it on the date that they processed it (February 15th).

So I "lost" 19 days from my previous report. Let's call it my "71-day report."

-- Immigration asks that you mail this in two weeks before it's due, so using this mail-in system, you are not actually reporting every 90 days, it's more like at most 76 days (and actually will be fewer that that).

-- Strangely, as I can make out from the postmark on the return envelope (10 baht stamp), the letter was mailed on the 14th of February. It arrived normal mail, not registered, yet it took the post office 17 DAYS to deliver this across town? <deleted> is that?

Link to the online reporting still not functioning at 12:00 today.

I wish I could know when it will be back to normal. My report is due Friday.

If I know it will be back today or tomorrow or so, I would wait, but if not, I will have to make my way there.

Link to the online reporting still not functioning at 12:00 today.

I wish I could know when it will be back to normal. My report is due Friday.

If I know it will be back today or tomorrow or so, I would wait, but if not, I will have to make my way there.

Have never done mine on line. considering it for the next time.

From what I have read so far it seems like normal is a hit and miss thing. Was there a time when it worked all the time?

.......and STILL down at 4pm today. Some system this is!! Shame, it would have been nice to check if I could get it to work given it looked promising when I was checking before. Can't be asked to keep faffing about checking each day when posting it will be easier.

Archived