90 Day Reporting Online Experiences 2016

Tywais

Yeah I might cancel if there's no change by Tuesday and take a trip over or send by post.  Hard to believe the how amateurish and incompetent these systems can be really.  Like wading uphill through treacle sometimes.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.  Still stuck at 'Pending' still today (10 Oct following submission on 5th).  Cancelled and re-submitted at 08:30, still pending at 11:00.  When I'm out today I'll pick up the copies needed and do a postal report, then come back and cancel the online.  

Not sure why online didn't work this time.  Details EXACTLY the same as last time, no exits from Thailand, no TM30 issues etc etc. Just a crap system I guess.  Great when it works but forever breaking down and not consistent at all.  

Hopefully whoever  designed this system won't be tasked with designing anything really important!!!  Probably even got a bonus for designing this crap!

Noon today Monday APPROVED. Now trying to figure out how to print next appt. Using Win7 with IE. Tried Oct 1, 2, 3, no go their server turned off ......Oct 4 0930 got in and completed application......Oct 5,6,7,8 & 9 PENDING ........Due date Oct 12.

Been here since 2002 and had to leave the country in June this past in order to be recognized.

Need advice for how to print next appointment.......Thank you.

Well just as I got to the post office to do the necessary I got my Approved mail. All over until the, doubtless different again, next time.

I'm using a Mac and print the next appointment effectively ONLY by using the Opera browser. I'm guessing there's a Windows version that'll be equally successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SooKee said:

Hopefully whoever  designed this system won't be tasked with designing anything really important!!!  Probably even got a bonus for designing this crap!

I think it's much harder to get a site like this to be as bad as it is than it is to create a site that works consistently well ;)

• 4 weeks later...

There must have been a backlog a couple of weeks that caused a delay of several business days for Immigration to approve applications submitted online. My wife and I applied on a Sat. and both applications were finally approved the following Wed. (with a public holiday in between). This last time we filed using Safari, but the trick was we had to be sure to use the drop-down menus on every screen before entering any of the text fields (started at bottom of screen and worked up). Have been able to always complete whether using IE, Chrome and Safari (have not tried Firefox yet) since the online application was first released in 2558 but sometimes with confirmation delays. Know that this is not the case for everyone.

:I submitted my information this morning about 7:30.  I will try to remember to post when it is approved.

In my experience it does take precise use of the available options: i.e., drop down menus; timing; apply on working days; etc.   I don't have a problem with that.  Making everyone happy on the internet is a near impossibility. 

Same with me, did 90 day reporting online around 11 am today and checked at 9:30 pm and it was approved, but no email.  Checked Junk folder to see if the notice went in there, but no.  Oh well, at least it was approved, receipt printed and done and dusted for another 80 days.  

We keep an old laptop around loaded with an older version of Windows Explorer that we dust off just to do 90 day reporting.  Doesn't seem to work with the newer computers.

Same with me, did 90 day reporting online around 11 am today and checked at 9:30 pm and it was approved, but no email.  Checked Junk folder to see if the notice went in there, but no.  Oh well, at least it was approved, receipt printed and done and dusted for another 80 days.  

We keep an old laptop around loaded with an older version of Windows Explorer that we dust off just to do 90 day reporting.  Doesn't seem to work with the newer computers.

Rubbish. Works just fine with newer computers. My Mac is 2016 and I use the Chrome browser with an IE extension. No problem.

Posted using Tapatalk

I guess we just have a "lucky computer" when it comes to doing 90 day reports.  I was able to print the receipts with the new computer, using IE, so you're probably right, I'm just doing something else wrong when I try to use one of the newer computers do file a 90 day report and it doesn't work, so I give up, wait a day and try on the old "lucky computer" the next day and Bingo! it works.

33 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I guess we just have a "lucky computer" when it comes to doing 90 day reports.  I was able to print the receipts with the new computer, using IE, so you're probably right, I'm just doing something else wrong when I try to use one of the newer computers do file a 90 day report and it doesn't work, so I give up, wait a day and try on the old "lucky computer" the next day and Bingo! it works.

You got it, it's not the computer it's the browser.

Also tend to agree with SK's recent comment about the glitch a couple of weeks ago when a number of applications were stuck in pending. Approval appears to be a manual operation so chances are the approving officer for Chiang Mai was away on leave or for some other reason.Finger on the button (-:

I use Internet Explorer to make the application.  I can also use Firefox NIghtly builds.  I can use Edge, but the echo is so slow it times out.

To check if the application is pending or approved all the browsers I have used work, including printing the approval and next appointment.  No problems with echos, but then there is no echoing of input when just viewing the application or next appointment.

I believe the page for making the application gives a browser information notice.  Anyway, Tywais' post with the information does give the information.  A browser and/or extension that will work is free.  I don't understand people complaining about a certain browser not working.  It seems no matter what Immigration does there will be someone that will complain about it.  Come to think of it.... people complain about ThaiVisa when they make changes or improvements.

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

The fact that you may not know what your'e doing is COMPLETELY different to "Doesn't work on newer computers" which is 1) WRONG and 2) Misleading.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

I submitted - using Firefox - the first page ( Fill up Personal information ) but was sent to a page with the following message.

image.jpeg.394de98097699ecc82aec364a27652d0.jpeg

(Same message when using IE)

Any ideas?

Cheers

IE is recommended by immigration but other browsers do work sometimes.

However if you are getting that message you may be trying too early or it is not going to work for you for some reason, has it worked before?

• 2 months later...
On 8/21/2018 at 1:48 PM, hyku1147 said:

I submitted - using Firefox - the first page ( Fill up Personal information ) but was sent to a page with the following message.

Any ideas?

Cheers

I'm getting the same thing

Last week I did 90 day reports online using IE for Hubby and me, no problems.  I filled in only those fields that had asterisks as required fields, not completing any of the non-necessary fields.  I used their dropdown menus for any fields that had them, rather than typing in names like my amphur and having it not match with their version of the name of my amphur.  And I used their calendars to select dates, rather than just typing my own numbers.  In my experience of helping friends to do 90 day reports, these are the actions that cause the dreaded "contact the Imm Branch Office....." message.

The other problem that causes that message is if your departure card number is different than the one they have on record for you.  For example, you've exited and returned since filing a 90 day report by mail or in person, so they still have the previous departure card number in their computer system.

Last week I did 90 day reports online using IE for Hubby and me, no problems.  I filled in only those fields that had asterisks as required fields, not completing any of the non-necessary fields.  I used their dropdown menus for any fields that had them, rather than typing in names like my amphur and having it not match with their version of the name of my amphur.  And I used their calendars to select dates, rather than just typing my own numbers.  In my experience of helping friends to do 90 day reports, these are the actions that cause the dreaded "contact the Imm Branch Office....." message.

The other problem that causes that message is if your departure card number is different than the one they have on record for you.  For example, you've exited and returned since filing a 90 day report by mail or in person, so they still have the previous departure card number in their computer system.

That departure card issue was not an issue last month when I did mine.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/21/2018 at 1:48 PM, hyku1147 said:

Any ideas?

Cheers

I got that message at first. Then figured out that it was because the system is not user friendly.

Go and check all the fields are entered properly. And don't even put extra space where they shouldn't.

After I did that, it went through.

It's not because it is IE or whatever, I used Google chrome.

There are some people here who still wonder why so many still go to immigration office to file. And a few forummers here even called them 'below average IQ'.

58 minutes ago, EricTh said:

There are some people here who still wonder why so many still go to immigration office to file. And a few forummers here even called them 'below average IQ'.

You mean instead of mailing it in?  Nah, maybe they are just slow learners - or masochists.

1 hour ago, ChiangMai101 said:

Is the form with my details and the 'APPROVED' stamp in the right hand corner the official receipt?

No.
Go down on this form and click "The next appointment (Print)". What appears now is the right document for your passport.

Archived